WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 3: UNI vs San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 3: UNI vs San Francisco

Big game today. It's been a week and a half since we last played and we are playing San Fran who is at 91 according to KenPom. They haven't played much of anyone, yet, but they are 4-0. Their best win is definitely Fresno State. Let's get back on track today, and get a W.

Just saw on twitter that Heise injured his hand is out 4-6 weeks

https://twitter.com/UNImbb/status/1594714796300984320

Comment

Can we ever have a normal start to a season?

Comment

Yeah. Heise is hurt, and I'm sure that's going to hurt a bit defensively. He has had a brutal start to the season, and I'm sure the finger has played a part, but I don't think the team will miss as much offensively. His biggest role at this point is back cuts because his shooting has been off so much. Duax and Wolf will most likely get a lot of those minutes, and I honestly think they can improve on that production on the offensive end. We will just see how much the defense deteriorates at that spot.

Comment

I do agree that Duax and Wolf are capable backups but I don’t agree we aren’t missing much with Heise, even on the offensive end

a rough couple games for sure, but dude has been so efficient, he’s really good at moving off the ball even without back cuts

he basically combines the best of Wolf and Duax

Comment

Dang. Well, that makes today's game much more difficult. Going to have to ask more of our newcomers. Regardless, our team is much more than 1 person, even though Heise is a HUGE part of this team. Go Panthers!

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
              I do agree that Duax and Wolf are capable backups but I don’t agree we aren’t missing much with Heise, even on the offensive end

a rough couple games for sure, but dude has been so efficient, he’s really good at moving off the ball even without back cuts

he basically combines the best of Wolf and Duax
              Correct. I'm only implying while Heise is hurt. I think that finger was giving him a lot of issues these first couple games. His shooting was way off. Even his free throws were off. When he is healthy, 100% Heise is the best option, but he definitely hasn't been healthy.

Comment

I'm not going to have an opinion until we hear from Brock.
                #MACtion

Comment

Good first 4 mins of the game. I like how we're attacking the basket so far. Lots of smooth passing and finding open guys AND finishing at the rim

Comment

My god Henry, what a dime

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
                      My god Henry, what a dime
                      Henry has some of the prettiest passes when he connects.

Comment

Drew Daniels is quickly becoming one of my favorite players. That kid plays hard every time he's on the floor.

Comment

Betz! KABOOOM!

Comment

Betz, fire away!

Comment

I apologize mr Betz, I wasn’t familiar with your game

seriously tho, the 1-2 punch could be great to see with him and Henry going forward

Comment

Working...
                              X