WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 3: UNI vs San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will hopefully be a fun team and competitive. But will probably see plenty of losses. But hopefully will come together towards end of February..

We will often get exposed by size. And don't really have that drop down shooter or go to guy..

But also have plenty of people capable of making a shot and lots of athleticism. Will be interesting to watch develop.
    Last edited by DownGoesKansas; 11-21-2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

I was surprised by how much Trey was at PG with Bowen on the floor. He unfortunately got rattled by pressure in the second half. He’s capable of driving and making them pay for pressing him. That was a good defensive adjustment on their part.

Great effort by this team. Need to give them time to grow up. Quickness and ability is there.

Comment

Scoring drought of 3:35 at the end.
        2 for last 11 shots., including 0 for last 6.
        But then, I'll take 13/18 from Duax & Betz.

They got some pressure up high with their 1-3-1. We had guys waiting in the front corners to shoot 3s.
        Things won't get better in the conference, where we will be scouted to death as to how so many of our players have one main way that they can score.

Comment

That was obviously an incredibly disappointing loss after having such a big lead in the 2nd half, but I thought Duax and Wolf did a great job filling in. San Francisco had a little stretch where they just could not miss and they cut the deficit quickly. It wasn't even really poor defense. Add in the fact that typically very good free throw shooters could not hit the front end of 1 and 1's and we were toast. I hope the guys bounce back strong tomorrow. This one hurts a little. No doubt about it.

Comment

Betz took some steps forward, today.

Comment

Disappointing end today. But ---overall --- a very young team that played a great 1st half without their best post player against a solid A-10 team and a great 30 minutes today after losing a veteran starting guard against a much bigger team. Takin' some lumps, but trending in the right direction, at least. Really happy with how Betz, Tytan, Duax and Trey are doing after just three games (2 D1 games)

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                I'm having a tough time remembering a freshman that was so calm and not at all overwhelmed by the speed of the game like Campbell. He looks like he's been doing this for years.
                Dale Turner.

Comment

Forgot that we played so early today, so I caught up on the game via the basketball Twitter accounts official updates, it looks like we were cruising and controlling the whole damn game until about the last 7 minutes, what the hell happened?

Comment

Look, I totally understand being frustrated about losing today, because I am too. The fact of the matter is thought, we were an already really young team who lost our most seasoned player and made a ridiculous amount of progress in 10 days without playing a game. This team is still going to be really good.

Comment

SF became hot & aggressive. Took advantage of anytime we were leaning slightly the wrong way on defense. A few shot selection choices could have been better. Missed some open shooters vs their 1-3-1. Born getting blocked on a lay-up. A couple of rebounds went their way. A turnover or two. Missed free throws (especially fronts of 1 and 1s).

Comment

Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
                        Look, I totally understand being frustrated about losing today, because I am too. The fact of the matter is thought, we were an already really young team who lost our most seasoned player and made a ridiculous amount of progress in 10 days without playing a game. This team is still going to be really good.
                        Yep. Probably a lot like last year where after we get healthy we make a run at the top of the league again. L
                        #MACtion

Comment

You’ll never win a close one clanking literally every front end of a one and one. Basicallf three turnovers.

Comment

Also, given his middle finger was taped the first few games of the season, and that's what he ended up getting surgery on, safe to say that's why Nate Heise was struggling so much the first couple games shooting the ball and finishing at the rim.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Yep. Probably a lot like last year where after we get healthy we make a run at the top of the league again. L
                              I was working during the game so didn’t see it, but wasn’t surprised they lost. I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had won, either. We won’t know much about the team until the conference slate, which is all that matters at this point anyway because at large isn’t happening this year. If they finish top three in the league and maybe make a run in STL I’ll be satisfied this season. My expectations are very tempered after what we lost from last year. These guys are really young and will take a year or two. But it’s probably going to be a strong class or two coming up.

Comment

Just realized with Heise out, we have NO starters back from last year.
                                Born is an unusual case, and Ty did play minutes before, but still - very rare for us. No coaching change, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X