WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 3: UNI vs San Francisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Listen… today was a bummer, but Duax looks like a dude. He is so big and strong and athletic. He provides much of what we’ve had Heise and Pickford do the last few years but he’s a good 2-3 inches taller, stronger, and he can get up. That is huge for us. He’s the kind of guy that can be that muscle against teams like Drake and Murray State that we will need. Also, Betz was fantastic. He did exactly what he needs to do as an undersized 5. I know I’m skeptical about that spot and I still am 100% on the side of getting a guy at least 6’10” to get some minutes, but that’s how you do it small ball. Trying to pull some positives from the day and I’m still excited for tomorrow. Come back and finish the game this time.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
      Listen… today was a bummer, but Duax looks like a dude. He is so big and strong and athletic. He provides much of what we’ve had Heise and Pickford do the last few years but he’s a good 2-3 inches taller, stronger, and he can get up. That is huge for us. He’s the kind of guy that can be that muscle against teams like Drake and Murray State that we will need. Also, Betz was fantastic. He did exactly what he needs to do as an undersized 5. I know I’m skeptical about that spot and I still am 100% on the side of getting a guy at least 6’10” to get some minutes, but that’s how you do it small ball. Trying to pull some positives from the day and I’m still excited for tomorrow. Come back and finish the game this time.
      Massive step forward for Duax today. Showed off his athleticism defensively and his physicality offensively. If he can continue to develop his 3 point shot, he's going to be really special.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
        Agree. This team is so young. They hit the first half with a game plan and executed it really well. The other team made adjustments at halftime that they didn’t know how to handle. Partly I’m thinking, why was Trey handling the ball instead of Bowen so much? But I think that’s more about his ceiling and future.

Trey, Tytan, Betz, Duax, Wolfe, - every one of those guys is playing really well, but has a much better future. Peksari, too - he needs to get defense figured out so we can see him contribute. But when he shoes, there’s a big offensive upside. I feel like we will see a different team in Feb/March.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post

Agree. This team is so young. They hit the first half with a game plan and executed it really well. The other team made adjustments at halftime that they didn’t know how to handle. Partly I’m thinking, why was Trey handling the ball instead of Bowen so much? But I think that’s more about his ceiling and future.

Trey, Tytan, Betz, Duax, Wolfe, - every one of those guys is playing really well, but has a much better future. Peksari, too - he needs to get defense figured out so we can see him contribute. But when he shoes, there’s a big offensive upside. I feel like we will see a different team in Feb/March.
          To take some pressure off Born, keep him as fresh as possible for late game offense.

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
            I'm not going to have an opinion until we hear from Brock.
            Agree with this 100%. Until we can get a new depth chart post and projected record with this injury, it's tough to understand what the impact could be.

Comment

SF leading Gonzaga in the first half.

Comment

Working...
              X