WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18 - Vs Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game 18 - Vs Illinois State

Go Panthers!

Will be interesting to see if Born is able to play, and if so, is he effective. Coach Jake said Monday he is day-to-day with the lingering calf injury. A big crowd, including students back for the spring semester, would be helpful but out-of-towners may not be there with the snowy forecast for tonight.

Comment

Been awhile since we had a game that I would feel legit let down if we lost. With little crowd and possibly no Born........could be a rough one. Get 'er done Panthers!

Comment

I kind of like the idea of resting Bowen. We're 5-3 in conf right now. I figure we need 13 wins to have a good shot at at top-4 (no Thursday game) finish.

There's 12 games left in our conference season:
        80% H Illinois St.
        56% A Illinois Chicago
        87% H Valparaiso
        17% A Indiana St.
        19% A Drake
        38% H Bradley
        79% A Evansville
        40% H Indiana St.
        43% H Drake
        23% A Missouri St.
        26% A Southern Illinois
        50% H Belmont

8 of those (bolded) will be tough games. So assume that we get to 8 more wins by winning all the grey games above and half of the bolded ones.

So which is more likely? Lose at least one of the next three without Bowen -or- lose more than half the bold ones with a nagging-calf Bowen?
        Maybe I haven't phrased that well. I lean towards getting Bowen healthy by trying to win the next three without him and then go full speed through March.

Comment

Originally posted by MVCBeat View Post
          Been awhile since we had a game that I would feel legit let down if we lost. With little crowd and possibly no Born........could be a rough one. Get 'er done Panthers!
          Ege with a double double tonight. Book it!

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
            I kind of like the idea of resting Bowen. We're 5-3 in conf right now. I figure we need 13 wins to have a good shot at at top-4 (no Thursday game) finish.

80% H Illinois St.
            56% A Illinois Chicago
            87% H Valparaiso
            17% A Indiana St.
            19% A Drake
            38% H Bradley
            79% A Evansville
            40% H Indiana St.
            43% H Drake
            23% A Missouri St.
            26% A Southern Illinois
            50% H Belmont

8 of those (bolded) will be tough games. So assume that we get to 8 more wins by winning all the grey games above and half of the bolded ones.

So which is more likely? Lose at least one of the next three without Bowen -or- lose more than half the bold ones with a nagging-calf Bowen?
            Maybe I haven't phrased that well. I lean towards getting Bowen healthy by trying to win the next three without him and then go full speed through March.
            My vote would be getting him healthy. This 3 game chunk in manageable without him, the 3 after that are not.
            #MACtion

Comment

We aren’t good enough to assume wins over any team, regardless of who is playing or not. If Bowen is well enough to play, he should play.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Ege with a double double tonight. Book it![/QUOTE]

Love it!
                if he played 20+ minutes, I could almost see a line of 5 pts, 5 ast, 5 to’s and 5 steals. Will be fun to watch his game evolve

Comment

Plug for this Driving the Lane UNI podcast. Bowen is on this episode.
                  Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post

80% H Illinois St.
                    56% A Illinois Chicago
                    87% H Valparaiso
                    17% A Indiana St.
                    19% A Drake
                    38% H Bradley
                    79% A Evansville
                    40% H Indiana St.
                    43% H Drake
                    23% A Missouri St.
                    26% A Southern Illinois
                    50% H Belmont

He needs to play them all if possible. No shot at 13 W's without him. There will be rust buildup from missing just one game let alone 3. We're in go time mode.

Comment

If you assume we need to win the next 3 to make the top 4, we need Bowen. We aint winning 3 straight without him. If you assume he has to sit out a week at some point……and who knows how much truth to that there is but bare with me…..I’d rather he miss games we are likely to lose anyway.

Comment

Any word if Bowen is playing tonight?

Edit: Nevermind, I should have checked Twitter first - looks like he's good to go.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

I’m sure Telly Hughes is a nice guy, but this game is going on mute really quick

Comment

Ugly game offensively so far

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                              I’m sure Telly Hughes is a nice guy, but this game is going on mute really quick
                              Sounds like an unprepred Rick Coleman!

Comment

Working...
                              X