WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 18 - Vs Illinois State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunch time.

Comment

Wow, that was half way down the net

Comment

Wow, way too close for comfort

Comment

Never in doubt, baby!

Comment

6-3 in conference and more importantly some much needed reminiscing about the 80s.

Not too bad

Comment

It wasn’t pretty but I’ll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
                6-3 in conference and more importantly some much needed reminiscing about the 80s.

Not too bad
                Yes, not sure what was more important - the W or reminiscing about the late 70s - early 80s!

Comment

...I can always count on you guys to make me feel young when I'm feeling old.
                  Last edited by sevelev711; 01-18-2023, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by skydog0784 View Post

Yes, not sure what was more important - the W or reminiscing about the late 70s - early 80s!
                    HA! Can’t go wrong with either one!

Comment

Well, 6-3, decent spot. Decades ago, UIC was tough. Now, that's a must win.

Comment

Lol, Jacobson on the post game talking about how passionate Trey Campbell is, even if he doesn't always show it outwardly. Is he lurking around here?

Comment

I tell you what, these guys can be really frustrating at times, but they also have a hell of a fight in them. As soon as you think things are really trending the wrong way, here they come. What a game by Trey too - kid is growing in front of our eyes. I'm still gonna complain about free throws though, you have to be able to convert them late. Also, we have up two REALLY open 3s late with a chance to tie it. Shouldn't have been this close, but a win is a win. Close wins show a lot about a team IMO.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

The team is really starting to come together and play well. The encouraging thing for me is that previously it was basically the Bowen & Tytan show. Now don’t get me wrong, they are likely still the 2 most important guys on the team at this point, but the last couple games saw them with strong finishes without one of those guys - first, the big comeback without Bowen that barely fell short at Belmont, then tonight came back from down 4 without Tytan to get it done. Other guys have stepped up when one of the two workhorses haven’t been able to finish, and that is what it takes for a team to have consistency and legitimately have a chance to win on any given night. That ability has turned now that Campbell’s and Wolf’s shots have started falling lately. What a game by Trey tonight.

We should be in a lot of tight games the rest of the year, and this team is going to fight, and hopefully win more of them than they lose.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                              Lol, Jacobson on the post game talking about how passionate Trey Campbell is, even if he doesn't always show it outwardly. Is he lurking around here?
                              Imagine how good he'd be if he showed it

Comment

To get a win on a night where Tytan is a non-factor and playing just a god awful 12 minute stretch is huge. This team is figuring it out.

That Illinois State team plays REALLY hard. Pedon is doing a fantastic job and if he can recruit at a decent level, he'll win there. A good Illinois State is good for the league
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X