WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 19 - at UIC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd traveling call there.
    Defender flops to ground leading to Duax loosing balance, but no foul called?

Comment

Ironic we're getting burned by a Flame named "Tre Anderson"

Comment

Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Why is this a consistent problem for us? Is it part of our overall defensive strategy, to allow longer shots and focus on rebounding?
        I'm curious on this too, have we been guarding the 3 well today? I'm listening on radio, there were a couple that sounded well contested, some open looks - not sure about in general?
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

My god, Duax is just prone to have these monster Jeremy Morgan type games on the road.

Comment

During my years in Chicago I would listen to espn 1000 pretty much every moment I was in the car. Every moment until Jonathan hood came on. Having to listen to his call on the tv today is bringing back some ptsd for me. He is awful to listen to.

Comment

Free throws are actually benefiting us today, that's something new. 17-20 on the day
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                Free throws are actually benefiting us today, that's something new. 17-20 on the day
                And naturally we miss a pair after I posted this. My bad.

Comment

And naturally we miss a pair after I posted this. My bad.
                  Haha.

Great win. Great defense today.

Comment

Nice win. Duax was huuuuuge today. As for the 3 point defense issues. We went underneath screens a handful of times today. And UIC did a nice job taking advantage of us getting out of position with the help defense around the arc. Probably the best I’ve seen a team take advantage of that against us. That was a huge issue I had with the defense in the past but it hasn’t been bad this year. They usually get back quick enough.

Comment

Finished 21-26. Not bad.

Comment

It felt like for the most part they weren't getting wide open shots, not TIGHTLY contested, but not open. They hit them in the first half, but didn't in the second half...mostly. Guys just keep grinding, nice win against frankly a team far better than their record. Took Drake to OT at home last week.

Comment

Another day at the office. No panic & find a way to get a close win in the end. Have we had a blow-out since the first game of the season?
                          With the right shooter at the line late (BB) we are protecting the slim leads that we finally get in the last few minutes.
                          After the Bradley game, I did not expect us to be 7-3.
                          Back half of the conf. schedule may be more loaded with tough road games, but our young team is not so young anymore. Campbell with 2-3 from 3 this game - that's 8-10 this week. Duax starring at both ends.
                          Ready for a laugher anytime you can guys, but love the way you play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

The non conference losses to USF, GCU, McNeese and SFla really prepared this team. We lost those games the same way we're winning games now. I'm really impressed with the growth of this team in only about a months time. True, there have been some weaker opponents lately but we're still executing in pressure moments.
                            We may or may not not finish in the top 4 due to health, depth and talent on this roster, but we're already seeing the development we all hoped we would see by March. Impressive and fun to watch!

Comment

At worst, UNI will end the evening in a tie for 3rd place, if Indiana State loses we will be there all by ourselves. Jake's best coaching job, hands down.

Comment

The ability of this team to put together 30 minutes of great basketball is amazing. Often the 30 proves to be enough.

Comment

Working...
                                X