WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 31 - Arch Madness Round 2 vs Bradley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The tourney ended about how I thought it would. We would have to have caught lightening in a bottle to get further than we did. We’ve done that before, but this wasn’t our year for that.

I’m very proud of this group though. To be competitive in a tough league as freshman is hard. And these guys did it. So kudos to Jake and the team for balling out against literal 25 year olds out there.

Sucks that the season’s over, but still a proud panther.

Comment

We won't do it but I'd be all for buying our way into one of the lesser tournaments. Would absolutely be good for this group to play a couple more games with sometime on the line.
      #MACtion

Comment

I'm a troll!!!!

Comment

I don't get the hate on Born for the way he was playing at the end of the game... He is the only guy on this team that can go get his own shot. And we just don't have many other shooters on this team. That's just the way it is right now. Bradley is a very good defensive team, and Bowen was doing his best to draw a foul on one of the 3 guys that had 4 fouls for the last 5-6 minutes. I give Born all the credit in the world for hitting some huge shots to keep us in the game earlier, too. Absolutely loved the fight of the team and the future is bright. Go Cats!

Comment

I mean, Born absolutely willed us back into the game single-handedly, but taking a logo three in transition followed by multiple drives into the defenders when we knew that the refs weren't going to help us out is pretty rough. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing Anderson drive/post-up or a Campbell mid-range.

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
              I mean, Born absolutely willed us back into the game single-handedly, but taking a logo three in transition followed by multiple drives into the defenders when we knew that the refs weren't going to help us out is pretty rough. I certainly wouldn't have minded seeing Anderson drive/post-up or a Campbell mid-range.
              Bowen taking every shot was the best option. Our team is extremely limited. Its not ideal, or sustainable, but Bowen taking 20+ shots is probably the only thing that gives us a shot vs those good teams.
              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

34 points on 29 attempts (TOs=Steals) = 1.17 ppp. At that rate, it’s hard to criticize him generating and taking shots.

And his box +/- was +14.4. So I hope he comes back - he will keep the green light.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post
                  34 points on 29 attempts (TOs=Steals) = 1.17 ppp. At that rate, it’s hard to criticize him generating and taking shots.

And his box +/- was +14.4. So I hope he comes back - he will keep the green light.
                  Where did u get the +/- stat?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                      We won't do it but I'd be all for buying our way into one of the lesser tournaments. Would absolutely be good for this group to play a couple more games with sometime on the line.
                      I think those tournaments are super cheesy but it actually makes a lot of sense with a young group that we are going to rely on for the next two or three years.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post

Yes, he's being actively encouraged to enter the transfer portal.

Comment

I didn't watch the games yesterday but I figured I may have been caught up in a bit of saltiness in my analysis on Bradley fans being annoying, but my god they just boo everything.

Winner of this game is probably winning a game or 2 in the tournament.

Comment

It's hard for me to believe that there won't be a line of people trying to hire Devries in a couple months. Why wouldn't you if you're getting future NBA player as a package deal. I don't know what jobs are going to be available. Giving your son the chance to play power 5 basketball would be tough to pass up.
                            Yeah, a D+ effort out of me on the day I created the name for this account. I didn't think I would use this account more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by not a drake fan View Post
                              It's hard for me to believe that there won't be a line of people trying to hire Devries.
                              Props for your screen name

yes quite possible. Texas, Texas Tech, ole Miss, Norte Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post

Winner of this game is probably winning a game or 2 in the tournament.
                                Agreed. Brodie’s played well for Drake lately, and they’re shooting well. The last couple of Bradley games, MVC teams have figured out a way to largely shut down Mast. You figure a non-conference team may play Bradley more straight up, leading to Mast having a big game and setting up some shooters.

Comment

Working...
                                X