WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Offseason, Transfer Portal, Etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 Offseason, Transfer Portal, Etc...

Here's a new thread to talk about this offseason.
    #MACtion

First big Valley transfer portal domino is Jace Carter from UIC. 2nd Team All League. Portaling.
    #MACtion

Comment

I dont like this thread. (The portal part)

Close thread please you big meanie.

Comment

Ok - Ege Peksari. (assuming this thread is also for guys not in the portal)

On the positive side, he made 3 of 7 3ptrs on the year. Small sample, but good.

I like his potential for offense, BUT...
        He is there to facilitate offense and he had more turnovers than assists. Seems like that one should be on the positive side.
        When he brings the ball down the court, he's so upright - I get he wants a view of the flow of everything, but he needs to protect the ball.

I like the idea of what he can do, but I'm not sure he'll get enough time next year to really improve these things.​

Comment

I presume with our roster make-up that we are not really in much of a position to go looking through the transfer portal ourselves, are we?

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
            I presume with our roster make-up that we are not really in much of a position to go looking through the transfer portal ourselves, are we?
            We're out of rides for next year as it stands right now.
            #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post

He is there to facilitate offense and he had more turnovers than assists. Seems like that one should be on the positive side.
              When he brings the ball down the court, he's so upright - I get he wants a view of the flow of everything, but he needs to protect the ball.

I like the idea of what he can do, but I'm not sure he'll get enough time next year to really improve these things.​
              IDK what Ege can develop into, But I do know if our recruits are as good as we think. There are not many minutes for him if any

Comment

Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
                Phyfe is our main target and keeping roster intact.

Comment

Another one at UIC. Freshman PG Jalen Jackson who started 24 games is in the portal. Woof.
                  #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

IDK what Ege can develop into, But I do know if our recruits are as good as we think. There are not many minutes for him if any
                    I wouldn't discount what an extra year in the program can do, esp considering he was the last piece of the puzzle and wasn't really integrated into the program until the fall

That being said I could see a lot of time with Heise at the 2 to make sure him and Duax get the most run and Wolf still gets his time so I could see Campbell getting the majority of the backup 1 time which leaves not a lot of for the remainder of the team.

Comment

Originally posted by sivert View Post

Agreed, he made good strides on defense and can shoot. He's with a tough group of Born, Campbell, Taylor, and Heise. I hope he stays, but he is far from home too.

Comment

Lot of names hitting the portal this morning. One name of particular interest is Jacob Hutson, who we recruited hard but he eventually went to Loyola. He was really good when he backed up Krutwig, and I didn't see much of him this year, but he was definitely a guy that we liked. I know we don't have any rides, but his size would be welcomed.

Side note: Loyola getting hit hard so far... Saint Thomas has also entered the portal.

Comment

Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                          Lot of names hitting the portal this morning. One name of particular interest is Jacob Hutson, who we recruited hard but he eventually went to Loyola. He was really good when he backed up Krutwig, and I didn't see much of him this year, but he was definitely a guy that we liked. I know we don't have any rides, but his size would be welcomed.

Side note: Loyola getting hit hard so far... Saint Thomas has also entered the portal.
                          That’s a shame. At least they aren’t in a brand new league with an inexperienced 29 year old coach as well, that would be tough. I’m sure their illustrious history of winning will get them through this, and the last 4 years were definitely not a flash in the pan!
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Dang, Hutson was a guy I was kind of bummed we missed out on. I haven't paid attention to him this year, looks like his minutes dropped off though. I think he played pretty well in limited minutes as an underclassman. Remind me on our rides, aren't we over one if Phyfe returns?
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

And Even Brauns has entered the portal from Belmont. Iowa kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X