WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Offseason, Transfer Portal, Etc...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Krogman and Betz both leave, that’s a net gain of one scholorship that would theoretically go to Phyfe if he can play another year…is that correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
      If Krogman and Betz both leave, that’s a net gain of one scholorship that would theoretically go to Phyfe if he can play another year…is that correct?
      If Betz leaves we're at 13. I'm starting to believe that we've seen the last of Austin Phyfe playing basketball, I have zero information to back that up but he's still not cleared for contact and the NCAA hasn't ruled on his appeal, he's also getting married, has his master's and is probably ready to start his 'adult' life.

If Betz is gone and Phyfe moves on, I assume Courbat would go back on scholarship because we're not actively recruiting anyone in that class.

HYPOTHETICAL WITHOUT BETZ:
      (Phyfe?)
      Anderson, Born, Henry, Hutson
      Campbell, Duax, Heise, Peksari, Wolf (Courbat?)
      Pock, Rubin, Taylor
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
        If Krogman and Betz both leave, that’s a net gain of one scholorship that would theoretically go to Phyfe if he can play another year…is that correct?
        Correct, AFAIK. Krogman is a walk-on and Betz is a scholarship so in that scenario Krogman is a non-factor, but should Betz move on (no indication he is/should for his own person gain in life moving forward) the scholarship opens for a healthy Phyfe - or random late addition

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

If Betz leaves we're at 13. I'm starting to believe that we've seen the last of Austin Phyfe playing basketball, I have zero information to back that up but he's still not cleared for contact and the NCAA hasn't ruled on his appeal, he's also getting married, has his master's and is probably ready to start his 'adult' life.

If Betz is gone and Phyfe moves on, I assume Courbat would go back on scholarship because we're not actively recruiting anyone in that class.

HYPOTHETICAL WITHOUT BETZ:
          (Phyfe?)
          Anderson, Born, Henry, Hutson
          Campbell, Duax, Heise, Peksari, Wolf (Courbat?)
          Pock, Rubin, Taylor
          And that, on paper, is a very good roster and should be a very good contending team.

Bowen, Tytan, and Heise are All MVC capable players and Duax, Wolf, Trey, and Hutson are very competent role players. I also expect contribution from the freshman.
          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

And that, on paper, is a very good roster and should be a very good contending team.

Bowen, Tytan, and Heise are All MVC capable players and Duax, Wolf, Trey, and Hutson are very competent role players. I also expect contribution from the freshman.
            100%

That team makes a run.
            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

As a fellow father of a two year old, this made me laugh pretty hard! Thanks for making my day just a bit better.
              Ha, yea you gotta love how something so simple can be so entertaining to them.

Hopefully somebody will hear for sure at the other Caravan stops this week and report back. Right now, I'm thinking Betz is done. I know he's already married with kids, so it makes sense.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Betz is moving on. Thanks for your contributions James and best of luck in your future.
                Number of times on Sports Illustrated cover:
                Ben Jacobson coached teams = 2
                UNI teams coached by everyone ban thinks is better = 0

Comment

• So, we're at 13. Just don't know if 13 is Phyfe or Courbat (unless the NCAA grants that waiver which is wholly unreliable).
                  #MACtion

Comment

... and Hutson are very competent role players....
                    I know he didn't do a lot last year at LUC. But look at his freshman year. I think he's more than a role player. He's very capable of earning 20-30 minutes/game. That's my opinion - I'm very excited about him coming in.

Comment

• I agree I think he could really thrive here

Comment

• I'm super stoked for next season.

Though I've also had some high biased expectations over the past few years that have soured, it's hard to say anywhere but up from here with virtually everyone back and then some.

Let's just hope we can get out the gate hot and put forth a complete season.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post

I know he didn't do a lot last year at LUC. But look at his freshman year. I think he's more than a role player. He's very capable of earning 20-30 minutes/game. That's my opinion - I'm very excited about him coming in.
                          I agree. I was really impressed with him as a freshman. A really good year from him wouldn’t be a shock.

Comment

Does Heise jump to Iowa State after next year though?

Comment

• Jake lighting a fire tonight it sound like. Looks like Iowa won’t play us in any circumstances now
                              Last edited by edgecat; 05-17-2023, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgecat View Post
                                Jake lighting a fire tonight it sound like. Sure seems like Iowa won’t play us in any circumstances at all now.
                                The insecurity of the Iowa fan base knows no bounds.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X