WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023-24 Around the League and Other Games of Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the conference get shares(money) like in the ncaa tourney for advancing in the NIT.

Comment

• ISU blows a 7 point lead late. When it got late, instead of using clock and working for a good look they wasted no time and chucked threes, then couldn't get stops. Tough finish
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
        ISU blows a 7 point lead late. When it got late, instead of using clock and working for a good look they wasted no time and chucked threes, then couldn't get stops. Tough finish
        Tough finish to an otherwise amazing season. The went from bottom-dwelling dogs hit to dominating the league out of nowhere. All through the transfer portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post

Tough finish to an otherwise amazing season. The went from bottom-dwelling dogs hit to dominating the league out of nowhere. All through the transfer portal.
          We'll see how the chips fall this offseason for them. The portal giveth this year, will the portal taketh next year?
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see how many players follow Schertz to St. Louis U.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
              It will be interesting to see how many players follow Schertz to St. Louis U.
              All of them....

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post
                It will be interesting to see how many players follow Schertz to St. Louis U.
                Everybody that matters. Avila, Larry, Swope, Kent, Conwell and Kiudulas and Daughtry (redshirts he's high on).

They'll be co-favorites with Dayton in the A10 next year.
                #MACtion

Comment

• When Avilla took that three early in the shot clock, I think it was just under 2 minutes to go. Reminded me a little of “You can’t be serious with that shot!”

But sometimes it works and ISU wins with shots like that. And to be fair, that game was a battle. Everyone was exhausted and (should I question Avilla’s conditioning?). The 3 gets easier at that point, plus Seton Hall had been disrupting ISUs passing all night.

Comment

We'll see how the chips fall this offseason for them. The portal giveth this year, will the portal taketh next year?
                    That’ll be a good test of the portal. Can they strike gold again with a new coach or will they return to dogs hit?

Comment

• This is pretty interesting. I think we all just assumed the starting 5 for Indiana State would just follow Schertz to Saint Louis, but now Julian Larry, and Jayson Kent have both gone to Texas and Ryan Conwell just committed to Xavier. Saint Louis has a decent amount of money but it's tough to hang with the big boys in the NIL era. Looks like Swope is visiting SLU this weekend and I haven't heard anything on Avila, but I would imagine he's going somewhere bigger at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                        This is pretty interesting. I think we all just assumed the starting 5 for Indiana State would just follow Schertz to Saint Louis, but now Julian Larry, and Jayson Kent have both gone to Texas and Ryan Conwell just committed to Xavier. Saint Louis has a decent amount of money but it's tough to hang with the big boys in the NIL era. Looks like Swope is visiting SLU this weekend and I haven't heard anything on Avila, but I would imagine he's going somewhere bigger at this point.
                        Not a huge surprise in hindsight, since all those guys are athletic and pass the eye test as P6 players. Hindsight is 20/20, but it also shows you can build a really legit MVC roster over only a couple of seasons. Many/all may transfer away after proving they can play “up”, but in this world that’s a nice problem to have, and a selling point to the next recruits you talk to.

Edit: It’s more accurate to say you can build/hang on to a legit roster over a few seasons. Schertz was there three years, and Larry and Kent appear to have been there one year prior to him being hired.
                        Last edited by SteinPizza; 04-19-2024, 03:52 PM.

Comment

• Damn, Cade Tyson on to UNC

Comment

• Joseph Yesufu is apparently still around and rejoining DeVries in WV.

Comment

• So Drake + Kansas + Washington State + West Virgina = most traveled transfer on the marker.

Comment

Joseph Yesufu is apparently still around and rejoining DeVries in WV.
                                Feels like he's been around for a decade at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X