WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game 8 at Evansville 12/2 1pm tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is absolutely on coaches. I've been a huge fan of Jake for a long time, but there's a point where something needs to change. I don't know if it's him, scheming or what, but the start to this season is absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable. 1-6 in D1 games, and it's pretty clear that the Stanford game was the outlier. When's the last time this program was this low?

I never thought I'd see a Jake coached team give up 90 in back to back games, but here we are.
    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

My wife wants me put down.

Comment

Well. At least we'll get to play an extra game this season with being a Thursday team. This team is not good. Congrats to Evansville for beating one of the worst teams in the valley.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
          This is absolutely on coaches. I've been a huge fan of Jake for a long time, but there's a point where something needs to change. I don't know if it's him, scheming or what, but the start to this season is absolutely ridiculous and inexcusable. 1-6 in D1 games, and it's pretty clear that the Stanford game was the outlier. When's the last time this program was this low?

I never thought I'd see a Jake coached team give up 90 in back to back games, but here we are.
          A generation ago he went to the sweet 16 with players that committed to the school when McDermott was the coach.

he just needs more time.

Comment

Originally posted by run&blade View Post

A generation ago he went to the sweet 16 with players that committed to the school when McDermott was the coach.

he just needs more time.
            He also had a Top 10 team with his guys but you do you....

That said. Unacceptable and it's got to change. We don't have the length to play D the way he wants to and he's too stubborn to change. Teams are going to keep shooting ungodly 3 point percentages if we let everybody set their feet.
            #MACtion

Comment

Wait
              I'm confused
              Are we a football school or a basketball school?

Never expected this with the additions and the summer trip.

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                Wait
                I'm confused
                Are we a football school or a basketball school?

Never expected this with the additions and the summer trip.
                We’re a volleyball school. But seriously, how did David get a promotion to Tulane when our football and basketball programs are trash? Don’t you get a promotion when they’re good?
                Last edited by QCPanther05; 12-02-2023, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I got nothin….apparently the basketball team doesn’t either. Wow…..just embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by QCPanther05 View Post

We’re a volleyball school. But seriously, how did David get a promotion to Tulane when our football and basketball programs are trash? Don’t you get a promotion when they’re good?
                    This ain't no meritocracy....
                    #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

It is on the coaches because they do the recruiting. We're stuck for at least two years. Game plan is off at times too. It's hard to fix this defensive scheme. When we rotate to close off the lane we're too far in to close out. At times when we're not clogging the lane we're too slow to close out. Offensively too many issues too. I don't know if there is an answer. No one new is coming in next season so we have to go home with the girl we took to the Dance. I feel sick, again.
                      ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

He also had a Top 10 team with his guys but you do you....

That said. Unacceptable and it's got to change. We don't have the length to play D the way he wants to and he's too stubborn to change. Teams are going to keep shooting ungodly 3 point percentages if we let everybody set their feet.
                        Don't have the length? We don't even challenge way too many jump shots, if you don't challenge shots it has nothing to do with length.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Lowering my expectations for this team now.

In fact I’m going to go ahead and lower my expectations for all UNI sports about two notches lower than preseason popular opinion forever.

Comment

Did not see or hear the game.
                            Looking at the box score........
                            Our stats looked fine by themselves. All three shooting percentages were good; rebounds & turnovers were reasonable, etc. Tytan's free-throws could have been better, and that made the team's % lower, but it was not "bad" for us. He did lead us in scoring.
                            Then you look at theirs. A bit better in every category. Especially their shooting in overtime. They played basically 9 players. Weren't worn out? We played 10. Heise with 41 minutes. Born 36 - so is he OK?

This may be a totally unexpected season - in a bad way. Getting that much harder to care.

Comment

Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
                              Did not see or hear the game.
                              Looking at the box score........
                              Our stats looked fine by themselves. All three shooting percentages were good; rebounds & turnovers were reasonable, etc. Tytan's free-throws could have been better, and that made the team's % lower, but it was not "bad" for us. He did lead us in scoring.
                              Then you look at theirs. A bit better in every category. Especially their shooting in overtime. They played basically 9 players. Weren't worn out? We played 10. Heise with 41 minutes. Born 36 - so is he OK?

This may be a totally unexpected season - in a bad way. Getting that much harder to care.
                              Our defense is soft and bad. Teams are totally comfortable playing against us. We give up wide open jumpers by design, and are not physical enough on ball or in the paint to make teams uncomfortable. Giving up 80-90 points every game is absolutely not going to work.
                              UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                              iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Let's all be honest....its time for the guy at the top of this program to be held accountable....every excuse has been made..we are paying someone a mil a year for mediocrity at the best..

Comment

Working...
                                X