WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2024 Offseason

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yikes. That's big

    Comment


    • Welcome to the new normal. This is just going to be what it is. Heise is going to get $250k minimum and we don't have a prayer at matching that.
      #MACtion

      Comment


      • Gotta think Minnesota or Iowa State are the destinations in mind for Nate.

        Comment


        • The positive is that we've got two open rides to take a look ourselves.

          Also, I'm guessing Ege is going home and this is just a procedural step. Turkey was one of the countries that there were issues with getting into another school last I knew as in his student visa wouldn't transfer. Maybe it's changed but that's my early read.
          #MACtion

          Comment


          • There's still going to be 5 UNI uniforms on the court next year? Cool. That's all I care about.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              The positive is that we've got two open rides to take a look ourselves.

              Also, I'm guessing Ege is going home and this is just a procedural step. Turkey was one of the countries that there were issues with getting into another school last I knew as in his student visa wouldn't transfer. Maybe it's changed but that's my early read.
              Where do you think we go? Nate leaving obviously changes some things, but I'm not sure how many minutes we have to go around for next year.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

                Where do you think we go? Nate leaving obviously changes some things, but I'm not sure how many minutes we have to go around for next year.
                Wouldn't mind going after Kennard Davis from SIU.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

                  Where do you think we go? Nate leaving obviously changes some things, but I'm not sure how many minutes we have to go around for next year.
                  No idea. The portal is open for 45 days so who knows who ends up out there.

                  Off the top of my head, I'd love for us to look at Paveletzke when he hits the portal. I think Troy D'Amico could be a good experienced piece in our system. BJ Omot from North Dakota probably ends up at our level and he's a kid we recruited and have some familiarity with that would make us more athletic on the wing.
                  #MACtion

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

                    No idea. The portal is open for 45 days so who knows who ends up out there.

                    Off the top of my head, I'd love for us to look at Paveletzke when he hits the portal. I think Troy D'Amico could be a good experienced piece in our system. BJ Omot from North Dakota probably ends up at our level and he's a kid we recruited and have some familiarity with that would make us more athletic on the wing.
                    Omot I felt like he was going to go HM, but I certainly could be wrong. Also, Duax is now portaling, so wing is certainly a need now.

                    Comment


                    • Also Pav would fit perfectly in Cedar Falls. Surprised he didn't get more consistent run in Ames

                      Comment


                      • I'm not 100% sure why we're upset that we're losing guys from a team that consistently **** their pants for two years...
                        #MACtion

                        Comment


                        • Agreed on Omot. They recruited him pretty hard out of high school. I agree that D'amico would be a good piece. I could see him playing as a small 5 in our system. I'm keeping an eye out to see if any more names pop up that we recruited out of high school. Those are typically the guys we look at.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                            Agreed on Omot. They recruited him pretty hard out of high school. I agree that D'amico would be a good piece. I could see him playing as a small 5 in our system. I'm keeping an eye out to see if any more names pop up that we recruited out of high school. Those are typically the guys we look at.
                            Agreed. However, Jake is going to have to get a little uncomfortable as well. It's time to embrace the current reality of the situation.
                            #MACtion

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

                              Agreed. However, Jake is going to have to get a little uncomfortable as well. It's time to embrace the current reality of the situation.
                              Jake made a pretty big change in strategy that last month or so to try and right the ship. I'd expect there are behind the scenes changes being made as well as far as approach

                              Comment


                              • I would be surprised if Omot doesn’t end up at
                                a high major.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X