WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Harris Appointed to NCAA Division 1 Council

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Harris Appointed to NCAA Division 1 Council

I didn't really know where to put this, so feel free to move this thread if it's not the right place. David Harris was just appointed to be a member of the 40 person committee for the NCCA. Here's the link to the article: https://unipanthers.com/news/2019/3/...TQoWPs8p0cmZSs

Here's the article itself
    INDIANAPOLIS – UNI Director of Athletics David Harris has been appointed to the NCAA Division I Council.

The Council is comprised of 40 members and is responsible for the day-to-day decision-making for Division I. The group includes athletics directors, athletics administrators, senior women administrators, faculty athletics representatives and student-athletes. Every Division I conference is represented on the Council.

"It is a tremendous honor to serve on the Division I Council and represent the Missouri Valley Conference and UNI," Harris said. "I look forward to working with Council members to serve student-athletes across the country and to advance the mission of the NCAA."

His term of service on the committee will begin on July 1, 2019, and continue through June 30, 2023.

I might have missed this post somewhere else on the board, but I saw David Harris got an extension.

Thats a great job by the UNI administration! He's doing a remarkable job and made some great improvements! Super excited to watch the Panthers continue soaring onword and upward! Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by TREE View Post
      I might have missed this post somewhere else on the board, but I saw David Harris got an extension.

Thats a great job by the UNI administration! He's doing a remarkable job and made some great improvements! Super excited to watch the Panthers continue soaring onword and upward! Go Cats!
      Can you point out specific examples of great improvements and remarkable job?
      GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Amazing hires and record fundraising! His plans for facility improvements are really good ! Extensions for Tanya and other coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by TREE View Post
          Amazing hires and record fundraising! His plans for facility improvements are really good ! Extensions for Tanya and other coaches.
          What are his hires? Farley and Bobbi have been here since the turn of the century. Jake come in initially in 2001 and was named HC in 06. Schwab was hired in 2010 and got an extension in 2014.
          He hired Erikson, while he did get the soccer team to the conference tournament last year I've heard some pretty mixed things on.
          Pauslon has been with the XC/TF teams since 2008, and IIRC was hired as HC before Harris was around.
          Bermel has been at UNI for a quarter century
          Warren was hired back in 08, and she got an extension under Harris but were in no danger of losing her
          Jacobs has left the softball program since 08
          Lakin was a Harris hire. The swim team seems to be doing well..I don't know much about the program TBH
          Sagers has led the tennis program since 2014

That's 1 coach Harris has hired (Lakin)? Almost every other coach was hired at UNI before the first conference title under Jake.

Now there has been turnover within the AD. I know this. I don't know enough about the staff individually to really comment on it.

Fundraising seems to be led almost exclusively from the volunteers in the PSC, though he is involved in that.

The plans he unviled 19 months ago have had absolutely zero movement. I mean to the point projects have actually be scrapped. We were told 3 projects were shovel ready (one being an all new team room and suites for the dome that were supposed to be open this year, new track, new soccer). None of those projects are done (the FB project scrapped completely). So other than fancy renderings (which even Dannen had) what facility improvements have we seen? The wrestling upgrades were done through crowdfunding with Schwab leading the charge.

I'm not taking a side on him, I'm asking questions to actually get answers other than generic "HE'S DONE THINGS" answers.
          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Can you point out specific examples of great improvements and remarkable job?
            Clenz, you're clearly missing on the cynicism. He / They / she is practically choking on the tongue in mouth. Many of us are surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
              Clenz, you're clearly missing on the cynicism. He / They / she is practically choking on the tongue in mouth. Many of us are surprised.
              I'm not sure it is tongue in cheek. I'm also not saying David has done anything to deserve being let go at the end of his deal.

I've had a similar conversation with others outside the board.

When pressed for specific examples of what David has done to drive things forward I get met with similar vague things
              GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X