WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNI wrestling adds Christian Minto to 2023 roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNI wrestling adds Christian Minto to 2023 roster

“NIACC's two-time national champion Christian Minto will bring his 29-match collegiate winning streak to UNI wrestling for the 2023 team.

Minto, who was a perfect 29-0 in his last two seasons at NIACC at 165 pounds and compiled a record of 51-1, recently signed a national letter of intent to wrestle for Doug Schwab's NCAA Division I Panthers. Minto was 16-0 in the 2021-22 season and 13-0 in the 2020-21 season.”

UNI Press Release:
    https://unipanthers.com/news/2022/8/...23-roster.aspx
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

I didn't see it mentioned in the article but I assume he will have 2 years of eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
      I didn't see it mentioned in the article but I assume he will have 2 years of eligibility?
      I would think so, but does the whole Covid year not counting figure in here (so he might have three years left?). He was Academic All Region Second Team in the Spring as well (3.0-3.49 GPA), too.

Adding him to Yant and Keckeisen makes for a serious lineup at the upper weights.

(I posted this to the Men's Sports forum by mistakes but cannot move it to the Wresting forum - if a moderator can/wishes to do, please do).
      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

I have to assume so, but related to Basil Minto from a few years back?

Self-edit: Yes, he's his brother, and, not known to me, his coach at NIACC.
        Last edited by A Fan In Lean Years; 09-24-2022, 12:29 PM.
        Which winning percentage is better: 65% or 61%?

Comment

Does anyone know if hes going to face any disciplinary action after his latest scrape with the law?

Comment

Originally posted by iron panther View Post
            Does anyone know if hes going to face any disciplinary action after his latest scrape with the law?
            My only guess is that it will be determined after his guilt or innocence is known.
            Which winning percentage is better: 65% or 61%?

Comment

Working...
            X