WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is a hot commodity, but Reaves from WSU is transferring and visiting us this week. He is also visiting some big programs. But, he would be a great offensive add with some pretty good defensive ability.
    After completing his sophomore season, Austin Reaves has asked for and been granted his release from Wichita State. He is the second scholarship player to ask for a transfer this offseason.
    Last edited by HellSloth; 04-24-2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HellSloth View Post
      He is a hot commodity, but Reaves from WSU is transferring and visiting us this week. He is also visiting some big programs. But, he would be a great offensive add with some pretty good defensive ability.
      This is being heavily discussed in the transfers thread in the Men's Basketball forum, but if Reaves were to come here, we would still have the open ride for 2018/19 correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

This is being heavily discussed in the transfers thread in the Men's Basketball forum, but if Reaves were to come here, we would still have the open ride for 2018/19 correct?
        no, if he takes the offer he is on scholarship right away. He just cant play until the following year because of the transfer rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Thanks! Just discovered the transfers thread. New to the whole message board thing. Also, congrats my 3rd post was a response to your 1766th post.
          Your home for UNI Panther news and dicussions.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

no, if he takes the offer he is on scholarship right away. He just cant play until the following year because of the transfer rule.

I thought he might be an exception to the transfer rule because of a coaching hardship. Larry getting fired is a pretty big deal. I thought players would have the option of an immediate transfer in a situation like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIdad View Post

I thought he might be an exception to the transfer rule because of a coaching hardship. Larry getting fired is a pretty big deal. I thought players would have the option of an immediate transfer in a situation like that.
              Reaves is from Wichita. I assume you are thinking of Nixon from CSU who went to ISU. But he also has to sit out.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Reaves is from Wichita. I assume you are thinking of Nixon from CSU who went to ISU. But he also has to sit out.

Man, you know what I'm thinking better than I do. Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking.

Perhaps the sign of a dual-fan is when they can't keep straight about who's recruits are who's.

Comment

• Have been keeping half an eye on Twitter to see if Reaves is doing any more visits. Haven't seen any mention of any.

I took a look at Wichita State's academic calendar and it says finals week is May 5-10. If I were a hoopster transferring from the Shox to UNI, I'd probably wait til I finished classes and left campus to make that announcement to avoid the chatter.

Just the conspiracy theorist in me working OT.
                  Last edited by Blue42; 04-29-2018, 01:13 PM.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Yeah, I’ve been doing the same on fora. No mention on Michigan sites of any scheduled visits. Nor is there a lot of excitement about Austin from their fan base. They have a lot of guys at his position.

Comment

• Yea, at this point no news is good news. Hopefully no other visits pop up.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Braun is walking on at Mizzou. he is a legacy guy. I bet he gets a scholarship after a year. Porter coming back likely took his.

I would be surprised if his brother didn't end up there also.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                          Braun is walking on at Mizzou. he is a legacy guy. I bet he gets a scholarship after a year. Porter coming back likely took his.

I would be surprised if his brother didn't end up there also.
                          Sounds like a 4 for 5 and he'll take a red shirt year one. Interesting decision considering the other options he had available to him.
                          https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basket...ansfer-walk-on

Comment

• Anyone hear anything about the status of Goldman's third year being granted back to him?

Comment

• I am hearing word that 2018 grad Nathan Johnson out of Waukee is playing some dang good ball this summer and getting some looks from some D1 schools. I wonder if UNI will take a look

Comment

• https://twitter.com/MovementHoops/st...07661690650624

Comment

Working...
                                X