WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Chang has opened back up his recruitment......so I say we get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
      Ed Chang has opened back up his recruitment......so I say we get him.
      I wish. It's a weird situation. Pretty sure he moved to Seattle already. No idea where he will end up now.

Comment

• If the McDermott scholarship was already promised why wait till signing day to announce it? If it was a done deal why not announce a year ago?
        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• So instead of Sy or Braun we're giving it to McD??? Am I reading this right???

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
            So instead of Sy or Braun we're giving it to McD??? Am I reading this right???
            No

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
              So instead of Sy or Braun we're giving it to McD??? Am I reading this right???
              No, we still have another scholarship to give.

Comment

• Originally posted by Panther AC View Post

No, we still have another scholarship to give.
                Well, I guess we're in a pretty good spot then since we'd be thrilled with either of the two we've offered but also content banking it, so we can afford to wait it out as long as it takes.

Comment

• What does everyone think of McD getting a scholorship? I’ve only seen him on the floor a few times, so I can’t really judge whether it looks like he can contribute. Personally, I’d rather go after more transfers, or save it for future transfers. However, I’m also not sure about the implications on class balance. I know McD is a transfer, but may or may not be a transfer who can make an impact.

Comment

• You can’t promise scholarships and not give them.

Im fine with it. It’s bad for a balance though. Our junior class is huge.

Comment

• They must be pretty confident in Biggie getting a year back, that takes one out of that class and puts it with Phyfe and Ty.
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
                        You can’t promise scholarships and not give them.

Im fine with it. It’s bad for a balance though. Our junior class is huge.
                        True, but it raises the question of whether he merits it to begin with. I’d like to see the overall talent level of the team go upwards. Hopefully he proves to be a Bohannon like outside shooting threat. If he has the quicks to occasionally get to the rim, or create some space for himself, that would be fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

True, but it raises the question of whether he merits it to begin with. I’d like to see the overall talent level of the team go upwards. Hopefully he proves to be a Bohannon like outside shooting threat. If he has the quicks to occasionally get to the rim, or create some space for himself, that would be fantastic.
                          I think the answer to that is pretty clear. Not sure why coach would promise something to a kid who out of high school wasn't talented enough to get an offer from us and it doesn't seem like much has changed. Its a very confusing situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

I think the answer to that is pretty clear. Not sure why coach would promise something to a kid who out of high school wasn't talented enough to get an offer from us and it doesn't seem like much has changed. Its a very confusing situation.
                            That’s an open question. The staff had a year of college tape on this guy. That’s reason to think he may be able to contribute. Time will tell, and I hope they’re right vs. not having an open spot when a potentially decent transfer becomes available.

Comment

• Parker Braun picks up offer from Ole Miss.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                                Parker Braun picks up offer from Ole Miss.
                                Welp... thats closer to home for him and P5. It'll be tough to top that even though the Rebels aren't exactly a blue blood program.

Comment

Working...
                                X