WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2018 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow missing some players on that list. Time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Pickford was reported as being in a boot by a poster who saw him at a camp. It wasn’t officially confirmed in any capacity for weeks after - and only then because it involves a surgery.

Shandon going after getting a year back from from this thread. Not a reporter. I’m still not sure it’s been officially reported by a news outlet.

Tut being a GA? Reported here long before any media ran with it.

Jim nelson did *some* basketball for the Currier in the spring/zesty summer but isn’t a basketball guy for UNI.

Cole Bair does something for the Gazette but to what capacity that involves being in Cedar Falls and connected to the ins and outs of the program is unknown.

also notice how the media didn’t report on any of that stuff until it has been kicked around here and certified by multiple posters with multiple sources.

You’ve been on this board since 06. You should know 1: media coverage coverage of UNI - even at its best - is lacking and behind well connected posters in PN (the one exception was Jeremiah) and 2. posters that are connected, how connected and worth listening too.
      That's kind of my point though... the media isn't picking things up, but the word still gets out. I'm not saying it's not true, I really hope it is - it'd be big news, I just feel like somehow it would have gotten out.
      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Is there someone on this board with a connection in the AD who can find this out?

Comment

• Season kicks off around the 28th. We should hear what is all going on with some players then. This is the way Jake has always been and he is not going to let media know anything until he has to provide information when season starts. I assume there will be some surprises.
          Last edited by PanthersMBB; 09-16-2018, 09:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
            Is there someone on this board with a connection in the AD who can find this out?
            How many different people have to say things along the lines of “consider who said that”? Seriously, consider who posted that.

Comment

How many different people have to say things along the lines of “consider who said that”? Seriously, consider who posted that.
              I'm not asking who said that, I'm asking if anyone has connections!

(...This is sarcasm. Feel like I didn't need to point that out, but you never know.)

Comment

It was Hellsloth. Hmmmm... dunno who that is. We’re anonymous here, but apparently some of you know who each other are.
                Thats fine, of course. When one of you says, consider the source, I’ll know to trust that.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                  It was Hellsloth. Hmmmm... dunno who that is. We’re anonymous here, but apparently some of you know who each other are.
                  Thats fine, of course. When one of you says, consider the source, I’ll know to trust that.
                  The source is "JCPanther". No idea who he is but he is a "Super Moderator". So Im sure that is some of the excitement. Im sure some people like BCPanther know who he/she is.

Comment

• He has a close connection to the team. He didn't say for certain he would be eligible, he said he believed that to be the case, and it would be huge if true. He might be playing it a little bit coy or he just might not be certain.
                    Last edited by GonzoCat; 09-16-2018, 07:13 PM.
                    GO PANTHERS!

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                      Hellsloth made no reference to a petition to the NCAA about immediate eligibility - though it's become clear he knows something on this topic.

Comment

Hellsloth made no reference to a petition to the NCAA about immediate eligibility - though it's become clear he knows something on this topic.
                        I have also heard he is playing this year. I'm in no way connected to the program, but the comment was made in passing by someone who would know these types of things. I'm hoping it all plays out that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

The source is "JCPanther". No idea who he is but he is a "Super Moderator". So Im sure that is some of the excitement. Im sure some people like BCPanther know who he/she is.
                          I’m not really a source...lol, but I did here about it from someone close to the program. I’m surprised it hasn’t been announced yet, but it’s a done deal, he’s been granted immediate eligibility!! Like I said...this is HUGE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JCPanthers View Post
                            I’m not really a source...lol, but I did here about it from someone close to the program. I’m surprised it hasn’t been announced yet, but it’s a done deal, he’s been granted immediate eligibility!! Like I said...this is HUGE!!
                            I trust you and your source!
                            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• My understanding is that the decision came down last week. The NCAA is notoriously inconsistent with their timing of decision announcements. So, there was probably no time-table that could be put together for releasing the info. Everyone should hug our compliance guy, getting waivers like this is one of the reasons he is paid.

Comment

• Good to hear, glad my skepticism was wrong. I wonder if it's something that'll be announced at the MVC Tipoff tomorrow.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X