WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2018 -- Football Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naba has moved on to Mankato State
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

The 5’9 running QB that was a last second addition from Georgia is gone when we have 7 QBs in the roster and line a billion more coming in? You don’t say? Hope he lands somewhere that fits him.

Trousil I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s done but I would be. Granted he’s so fast mahbe he wants to focus in sprints and follow Brandon Cranes legacy. It’s suck to lose that on the football field.

This is class is certainly bigger than let on, but I didn’t believe the 8-10 number from the start.
      "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
      -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        Naba has moved on to Mankato State
        I wondered why I didn't see him with the track team. As much as I wanted him to make a mark here, I always wondered if he was a bit undersized for this level. He has the talent and the attitude. Hope he burns his competition to the ground up there. Love that kid.

Comment

Flipped Deion McShane from WIU. Younger brother of RB Steve McShane at WIU. Apparently he was also the Illinois T&F athlete of the year last year as a junior and is crazy fast. I guess that will help replace the lost speed of Cooper and Trounsil (who I hope will still run track, that kid is magic on the oval)

Comment

Watched some of Deion McShane's tape.

He's a fast human being. Like trying to catch a squirrel running between two trees.

He played QB as junior. Throws a pretty good ball. I think we're gonna use him at wr/RB. But if we don't have a wildcat package with run/pass option for this kid by the time he's a sophomore someone should get sued for malpractice.

Comment

Farley was on Rima's radio show this afternoon talking about the class. He was giddy.

He was super pumped about McShane.

I personally was pumped because he said with the addition of Wegher at RB...who he compared to Weymiller...they'll be able to play Trevor Allen in the slot. That's big for our offense. TA is a big play machine when he's catching the ball.
              Last edited by Blue42; 02-07-2018, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Farley also mentioned he's working on adding a punter. And that he's got another long snapper who played for Oklahoma State as a freshman but has transferred to UNI. I think it's a kid from Ankeny.

interestingly...Farley talked about how he feels the team in 2017 was good enough to make a run by the end of the year. And with all the pieces back, he felt they were still in the window to make a run this year if he could add a couple pieces...particularly on D. He feels they did that.

Comment

Suddenly, UNI is waist deep in tight ends.
                  "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Originally posted by ronfitch View Post
                    Suddenly, UNI is waist deep in tight ends.
                    aka outside blocking lineman

Comment

We got a big, mean set of sons of *****es to play D Line.

I love the class and I love that Farley has his 'F You' swag back. That had been missing. The key is going 2-1 in the Non-Con and not giving away a league game. *cough WESTERN cough*
                      #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                        We got a big, mean set of sons of *****es to play D Line.
                        I agree, they look like a good unit, athletic and country strong. I am excited to see what they will do in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Neighbor View Post
                          aka outside blocking lineman
                          I dunno, they actually threw to the TE a bit last year. Confused everyone.
                          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Watched some film of Eric Mooney who was signed as a QB. 66% completion % and averaged 16 yards a completion. Ran for 1,000 yards and 19 TDs. Dynamic player...makes me think of James Madison's QB. Not real big but can make plays with arm or legs.

Thinking of him and Deion McShane coming out of the same backfield. That would be some entertaining football.

Comment

He may start a QB but I doubt it sticks. He reminds me of DP Eyman coming on. Very skilled QB out of HS That could have played other places at WR. Picked UNI as a QB ultimately transitioned to WR and emergency QB.

I think we see the same with Mooney. He said he signed as QB but options to move are very real if QB doesn’t work. At 6’1 190 with his skill set he very easily could slot into the role we hope Trevor Allen gets to move into full time this year as the slot/wing/tail hybrid and Michael Malloy before him. McShane will be that guy moving forward - like his brother at WIU but a guy like Mooney could fill the same type of role and give the team a better option to have a passer option as well should that come up.
                              "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
                              -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

Will Mcelvain just committed to UNI
                                https://twitter.com/willsnupe

Comment

Working...
                                X