WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It appears we have a 2019 commit to take the recently opened scholarship. Antwan Kimmons, a 6 foot PG out of Tartan. Originally committed to Idaho State and averaged 20.2 ppg his Junior year at Tartan. I haven’t looked any deeper than that yet.

Comment

• He was listed on the Minneapolis Star Tribune's All-Metro second team:
      "Explosive off the dribble with a high motor, averaged 21 points, six rebounds, five assists per game."

https://www.mnbasketballhub.com/news...e/show/1005300

Interesting to note, of the 9 seniors on the three teams who have college commitments, none are going to Univ of Minnesota.

Comment

• The more film on Antwan Kimmons I see the more I like him.

He might be the best athlete on the squad the day he gets to CF.

Tough, strong, skilled, plays D...and a bit of the attitude that we need.

I think he'll solidly be in the rotation next year.
        Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• I think with the depth and experience we have - Carter, Kimmons, and Henry can all come in and just bring energy. They don't have to be counted on for big minutes. I hope we have a productive / healthy summer.

Comment

• There are a few new videos of Antwan Kimmons posted on YouTube. Including one of him scoring 41 points in a post season game.

Continue to be impressed by his strength, ability to score in traffic and to get all the way to the rim, and his overall athleticism. Plus his ability to shoot it from deep. A rare combination.

This was a great late add by the coaching staff.

Always interesting to see how things play out. Hope the Croft kid finds a home and gets the chance to play D1 ball.

But his departure opened up a spot for AK and I think this will be big for the next 4 years of UNI hoops.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• DJ Carton to transfer per Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X