WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2019 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m excited to see how he progresses and fits. I know I said I had some concerns as to where/how he fits on the court with us, but it’s clear his talent is good.

He gets a year if HS to develop. I’m assuming he’s a RS to get his body more college ready. I think his biggest need is going to be added a bit of speed. I think the body transformation will happen. If he’s a combo forward at the D1 level - especially the MVC level - I think we will see a focus on that for him.

He clearly rly wanted to be a Panther and the staff wanted him.

Welcome Carter. Hope you and Betz create an unstoppable combo at the 3.5-4.5 spots.

Comment

Does anyone know are we actively talking to Cole Henry? I'm shocked we haven't offered him. He's 6"9 and a good athlete that can run the floor. It's hard to find that type of height that can contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by uniPanthers View Post
        Does anyone know are we actively talking to Cole Henry? I'm shocked we haven't offered him. He's 6"9 and a good athlete that can run the floor. It's hard to find that type of height that can contribute.
        No idea. I am sure we have watched and talked a bit.

But with Betz and Carter now it is even more unlikely that we do.

Comment

I am thinking the Henry ship has sailed unless he comes as a 4 for 5 or something. Jake's been looking at a lot of 2020 Bigs this summer and that last ride for next would almost have to be a point guard or combo guard to replace Croft and Haldeman going forward.
          #MACtion

Comment

I hope not. I'd rather see us take the next best player available vs fill positions. We have AJ and Burhow going to be leading the guard court until 2022.... go get best available talent...just my opinion

Comment

UNI was back watching Howard Pulley AAU this weekend.

Comment

Cole Henry just got a offer from us.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                  Cole Henry just got a offer from us.
                  Yep. One thing to keep in mind is we like to give offers on official visits so he probably essentially had this offer for a while

Comment

If the rumors are true that Tuttle is becoming a GA with the Panthers, I really like the idea of him working with CH on his game.

Similar players with great post passing ability.
                    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• If Cole signs with us I would say we did great for 2019 class. Adding carter Betz and Cole would be a huge upgrade from McDermott, mcCloud. I'd give jake an "A" for the signees if Cole accepts

Comment

• Its 'When' not 'If' on Henry.

This is as good of class as you could hope for and didn't have to go outside two hours to get it. Weird stuff. It's also been a long time since we were done with a multi-person class this early.

5 or 6 Rides in '20 (Dahl, Haldeman, Brown, McDonnell, Croft and maybe Biggie) Have to figure at least two of those are guards and one would need to be a true big
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                          It's also been a long time since we were done with a multi-person class this early.
                          I do wonder if this had anything to do with why we waited to offer Henry. No chance (unless somebody transfers out) of a transfer or under the radar guy. I like your confidence, hopefully he picks UNI sooner rather than later.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Its 'When' not 'If' on Henry.

This is as good of class as you could hope for and didn't have to go outside two hours to get it. Weird stuff. It's also been a long time since we were done with a multi-person class this early.

5 or 6 Rides in '20 (Dahl, Haldeman, Brown, McDonnell, Croft and maybe Biggie) Have to figure at least two of those are guards and one would need to be a true big
                            True. I could see us trying to get someone like Hutcheson on a 4 for 5.

Comment

It's also been a long time since we were done with a multi-person class this early.

5 or 6 Rides in '20...
                              I'm taking a guess that these two facts are related. Probably wanted to get the '19 class "out of the way" so that they can really invest in the 2020 class, which should/needs to be a big class.

Comment

• Anyone have a link to video of Cole that ISN'T a workout video?

Comment

Working...
                                X