WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WBB signs three from CFHS for '18-'19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WBB signs three from CFHS for '18-'19

"The University of Northern Iowa women's basketball head coach Tanya Warren announced the signing of three newcomers to the 2018-19 roster on Wednesday, adding a trio of homegrown stars to the Panther family.

Kiana Barney, Kam Finley and Cynthia Wolf will all make the short trip from Cedar Falls High School to UNI next fall with the three signees changing their Tiger stripes to a Panther coat."

UNI Press Release:
    CEDAR FALLS, Iowa – The University of Northern Iowa women's basketball head coach Tanya Warren announced the signing of three newcomers to the 2018-19 ...
    "Well, that escalated quickly."

I don't follow HS recruiting much, does CFHS truly have 3 legit D-I prospects? I expect them to be playing in the championship game next March, if so. (I know they won VB.)

Comment

Considering that the CF girls went 23-2 last year and a runner-up in last year's finals, I'd say it's a good bet that they'll be back in the finals again this season. Click on the UNI press release to read more about them.

Comment

Two of them are daughters of former UNI football players.

Comment

Originally posted by in_the_stands View Post
          I don't follow HS recruiting much, does CFHS truly have 3 legit D-I prospects? I expect them to be playing in the championship game next March, if so. (I know they won VB.)
          Kam Finley is a transfer from Linn Mar I can think. At least from a CR school.

Comment

Originally posted by Panther'73 View Post

Kam Finley is a transfer from Linn Mar I can think. At least from a CR school.
            Yes. She transferred from Linn Mar to CFHS over the summer for her senior year:

MARION — Kamryn Finley is leaving for Cedar Falls a year earlier than expected. A University of Northern Iowa commit, …
            "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

One of them (Wolf) is 6'3", good news.

Comment

Working...
              X