WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
    Henry doesn't really have to have a jump shot if it doesn't develop. He's a classic case of a kid that was a good shooter that grew a ton really fast and that screwed up the mechanics and angles. Remember, he was a 5-11 point guard 2 1/2 years ago. He's PERFECT for the role McDonnell is playing now, a distributor from the high post.

I'm really excited about Tytan Anderson. Totally under the radar kid that has a nice skill set and there are outlets that are putting him at 6-8 now. You can never have enough 6-6 to 6-10 guys with great ball skills and the ability to pass and score at all three levels.

Couldn't get a read on Krogmann yesterday, he was triple teamed every time he touched the ball and didn't have a great supporting cast. The body is college ready.

Looking forward to how Noah Carter does on the big stage this afternoon as well
    I was thinking the same thing with regards to Henry. As long as we continue running the offense that we started this year, he is going to be just fine. The defense absolutely has to come up top to guard him and disrupt our actions even if he cant shoot, otherwise AJ and the other guards are going to burry wide open 3’s all day long.

Also interested to see how Carter does today, after out playing and eliminating Carton in the substate round he has a chance to knock out McCaffery today.
    Last edited by 06panther10; 03-06-2019, 08:54 AM.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I was thinking the same thing with regards to Henry. As long as we continue running the offense that we started this year, he is going to be just fine. The defense absolutely has to come up top to guard him and disrupt our actions even if he cant shoot, otherwise AJ and the other guards are going to burry wide open 3’s all day long.

Also interested to see how Carter does today, after out playing and eliminating Carton in the substate round he has a chance to knock out McCaffery today.
      UNI commits have a thing for knocking McCaffery's out of the state tournament. If Carter doesn't do, I can assure you that Logan Wolf and company will.

Comment

• Carter didn't have a great game stat wise but sources tell me he was being double teamed the whole game with some questionable officiating. For reference, McCaffery was not double teamed. And more importantly Carter got the W.

Comment

• Really excited about Henry...how great would that be if he was King Tut reincarnated? Reminds me of Tut.
          Carter is really intriguing as well...He's a baller, a winner and unique in his game. His body needs some shaping up but the dude can ball out. Loved to see him knock out McCaffrey's team.
          The future is really bright!
          "Give a cheer Ho, the purple and the gold!!"

Comment

• Tytan Anderson scores 15 of the teams 27 points. Seemed to defer to his teammates almost to a fault in the 4th quarter, but they couldn’t knock down the open shots. I agree with the earlier post about his desire and willingness to play team defense - very active on that end of the court.

Comment

• Tytan is Isaiah Brown with a much, much more ready offensive game. Really liked what I saw when he was allowed to face up. His HS coach obviously thinks Seales is his best player and he's very, very wrong.
              #MACtion

Comment

• I take back everything I said about Borns size

Dear God
                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Born has been incredibly impressive...I think he and the Hilmer kid have been highly underrated at 5'11.
                  Last edited by BobCat; 03-08-2019, 07:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobCat View Post
                    Born has been incredibly impressive...I think he and the Hilmer kid have been highly underrated at 5'11.
                    What did Born do tonight?

Hilmer has had had a great career, but he’s doing it against a lot smaller schools than Norwalk. Born has another year left too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

What did Born do tonight?

Hilmer has had had a great career, but he’s doing it against a lot smaller schools than Norwalk. Born has another year left too.
                      Born had around 25 points, fun to watch. We could use a point who can drive like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by enkamania View Post

We could use a point who can drive like that.
                        Can I get an Amen to that?

Comment

• Born is amazing. I can't believe he doesn't have more offers. It would be quite the coup to land him.

I really liked Henry's ability to pass. He is also a relentless rebounder. The only knock on him would be his lack of touch around the basket. Maybe some of that has to do with the hand injury?

Comment

• Henry's hand played a large part of it. It's his shooting hand that was broken. On the season he's like a 60% shooter from the lane .

Born doesn't have offers because he's 5'9 78lbs.

At a larger level that won't work night in and out.

​​​​​I'm now convinced even at the MVC level he'd shine. He's so damn fast and cuts so quick he gets tons of space in one dribble .
                            GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                              ​​​​​I'm now convinced even at the MVC level he'd shine. He's so damn fast and cuts so quick he gets tons of space in one dribble .
                              Agreed.
                              He juked several players out of their shorts tonight. IMO, he was the best pg of the 3A/4A finals. We were watching and discussing he and AJ both on the court at the same time. That would be fun to watch. And, we might be able to break a full court press with them...

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post

Agreed.
                                He juked several players out of their shorts tonight. IMO, he was the best pg of the 3A/4A finals. We were watching and discussing he and AJ both on the court at the same time. That would be fun to watch. And, we might be able to break a full court press with them...
                                With both of those guys on the floor at the same time Mudra would have a headache due to them both "not passing ever".

Comment

Working...
                                X