WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braun's new offers this spring are from Bradley, Indiana State and South Dakota to go along with the previous offers from Toledo and Milwaukee. So we are still his best offer and we have been in on him a long time.
    Last edited by Panther AC; 05-16-2019, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• I asked a kid at state track that had a Norwalk tshirt on where Bowen Born was going, he said Duke to replace Zion. You heard it here first

Comment

• According to Matthew Bain of the DM Register, Iowa, Creighton and Boston College are the only money-six conference teams that are looking at Born at this point, although none have offered. His 5' 11" height and slight build are the only factors preventing larger offers. I still think it comes down to us or Drake and like our chances since we offered him a year ago this month.
        Last edited by Panther AC; 05-16-2019, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• Slow day on this board so enjoy a video of Ty Anderson from last weekend.

https://twitter.com/PHCircuit/status...61051693670403

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBKY...ature=youtu.be

Comment

• Northwestern is sniffing around Mason Madsen per Ryan James.

This is bad, bad, very bad news.
            #MACtion

Comment

• I know it's early and it's been said before, but our 2020 class currently consists of two hidden gems, where we were their first and only D1 offer, even if they were early commits. Please tell me the rest of the class is going to be filled with recuits like Pickford and Berhow, where we're at least beating out other mid-majors.

Comment

• Is this staff capable of landing a recruit that other schools actually want?
                UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                  Is this staff capable of landing a recruit that other schools actually want?
                  This isn't an unfair take at this point.

It'd be nice to get somebody that has more than a bunch of DII and Dakotas offers.

AJ is a special circumstance, obviously, but you have to go a long way back to get to a truly competitive recruiting situation that we won. The world had backed off on Pickford because of injuries. Berhow, Jesperson, Washpun all went somewhere else and then transferred back. I think the answer is Jeremy Morgan and that was 7! years ago and there was some uncertainty as to whether he was going to play football or basketball.

We know what really goes on in college basketball recruiting. Are we just completely unwilling to play the game?
                  #MACtion

Comment

• I get it but what is the definition of competitive? If you are expecting us to beat out Iowa/Iowa State/Wisconsin for recruits, that isn't going to happen. It certainly sucks when we are in on them early but that is the life of a mid-major.

McCloud was offered by other mid majors and most on here wanted him over Bohannon and were pumped when he committed, does that count?
                    What about Betz? He was extremely hyped by people on here. Is it our fault he committed years ago?
                    Same thing with Ty Anderson for next year.

Pemsl/Kreiner/Bohanonnon could easily be on this team if Fran didn't suck at recruiting. Those are in state kids, imagine how much harder it is for the out of state kids.

I understand being underwhelmed but this seems like a stretch/overreaction, imo.

Comment

• Its not an overreaction. We’ve been bad for 3 straight seasons coming off of 2 NCAA appearances. We need a talent upgrade, and to do that you actually have to win a few recruiting battles.

If we are immediately worried about Northwestern and their 1 NCAA appearance in 100 years swooping in and taking a couple kids we have been recruiting for YEARS, then that is a problem. Close the deal.

UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• AJ was a unique situation but if you discount him, all transfers (Berhow), anyone that had injuries (Pickford) and everyone that commits as a sophomore (Anderson) before recruiting heats up that is a bit too many qualifiers. Phyfe, Henry, Carter, Pickford, Haldeman, Brown all had offers from MVC level teams. I hope to see them raise the level of recruiting as well but expecting them to consistently beat out P5 teams for guys is unrealistic and doesn't mean "nobody wanted these kids".

Comment

• Just for discussion's sake from your list 2010, here's who we beat out--

Phyfe- Air Force, North Dakota, PWO Creighton
                          Henry- Air Force, American, Central Michigan, Florida Atlantic
                          Carter- Air Force, Lehigh, South Dakota State, Drake, PWO Davidson
                          Pickford- Ball State, San Diego U, Tulane
                          Haldeman- Drake, Northern Colorado, South Dakota
                          Brown- PWO UTSA

McDonnell- Drake, WO Iowa
                          Dahl- Brown, Omaha, Drake, PWO Illinois State

Now we all know that rankings and stars aren't everything but it would be nice to at least be competing with our peers for recruits as 06 said. I don't think any of us expect to beat P6s consistently, especially as the gap widens but to not even be able to close when we're up against Valley teams sends up red flags to me.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• You are missing at least some of the reported offers as well unless you know for sure they weren't offers.

Phyfe - South Dakota State
                            Henry- Furman, UIC, Indiana State, South Dakota, Montana, North Dakota
                            Carter - North Dakota, Drake, Wofford
                            Pickford - George Mason, South Dakota State, Loyola, Siena, Bryant
                            Haldeman - South Dakota State
                            Brown - UTRGV, UTSA, Arkansas State, Omaha
                            Dahl - Illinois State is listed as an offer but possible it was only PWO

I would consider some of these schools peer including quite a few a MVC teams. Quite a few of these guys took visits and were even close to getting P5 offers such as Phyfe at Colorado, Pickford at Michigan State. I also think guys like Anderson/Henry/Carter would have gotten more offers if they didn't commit as early as they did.

My main problem with the recruiting has been the early offers and settling on particular guys just because we have scholarships to fill. I won't name any names but we can think of a handful. I want to get better guys as well but saying none of the guys on our roster were wanted by other schools or peer schools is a bit much.

Comment

• Do want to insert here that I'm not trying to be negative. Just three years of being a .500ish team with the resources we've got and the salaries we're paying isn't in any way acceptable and pointing to the recruiting seems to be the lowest common denominator.

I do expect us to compete for a league title this year.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                                Do want to insert here that I'm not trying to be negative. Just three years of being a .500ish team with the resources we've got and the salaries we're paying isn't in any way acceptable and pointing to the recruiting seems to be the lowest common denominator.

I do expect us to compete for a league title this year.
                                I will agree that the past has been unacceptable given our salaries. But that we absolutely have the talent to win the league and if we have another mediocre year it's on our coach with the lifetime contract. And no one wants to have that talk so we better be good.....

Comment

Working...
                                X