WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

FVV was 6'0 190 out of high school. Bowen is currently listed at 5'11 165.
    Except VanVleet was actually 6-0 190. Born is probably closer to 5-9 140.
    #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Except VanVleet was actually 6-0 190. Born is probably closer to 5-9 140.
      Thank goodness for his hair adding an extra couple inches

Comment

• Born scored 50 last night on 20/26 shooting. 7/13 from 3. 13/13 from 2. 3/3 at the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
          Born scored 50 last night on 20/26 shooting. 7/13 from 3. 13/13 from 2. 3/3 at the line.
          Another thing to add to the size issue, Jordan Bohannon was listed at 6' 170 out of high school. I guess I don't think those couple inches would make any bit of difference, especially seeing him go head to head against guys like Xavier Foster and still putting up 49

Comment

• If Born shoots like Bohannon from outside he will be a great player but I am hoping for a more complete players as well. Bohannon is a career 30% from 2 and defensive liability.

Comment

If Born shoots like Bohannon from outside he will be a great player but I am hoping for a more complete players as well. Bohannon is a career 30% from 2 and defensive liability.
              Born is a better scorer than Bohannon. He scores at all 3 levels, which honestly is even ahead of where AJ was his senior year, and is why Born is scoring as much as he is. I mean you saw his box score above, 13-13 from 2, regardless of the competition that's insane for a guard.

Comment

If Born shoots like Bohannon from outside he will be a great player but I am hoping for a more complete players as well. Bohannon is a career 30% from 2 and defensive liability.
                I'm not sure you can even remotely compare the two. Bohannon was great, don't get me wrong, but Born is on another level. Like lots of people on here have stated, if Born had a few more inches on him, he'd be a legit P5 prospect.

Comment

• Which Bohannon are we talking about? Jordan? If it is him, he is a defensive liability because of coaching. Matt turned into a good system defender, was he going to be a shut down one on one guy, no. But, he always correct in rotations and did what was asked of him.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                    Which Bohannon are we talking about? Jordan? If it is him, he is a defensive liability because of coaching. Matt turned into a good system defender, was he going to be a shut down one on one guy, no. But, he always correct in rotations and did what was asked of him.
                    It was a lot easier for Matt to be a good defender vs Jordan because of his size at 6'4", to be fair.

Comment

• I was certainly referring to Born versus Jordan Bohannon just because of the size and comparisons. Born sure seems like he is a more complete scorer but I don't want to assume a 5'9 kid will automatically translate to scoring at the rim because college is completely different. His mid-range will really help. Defense I don't know what to expect but Jordan has and always will be a defensive liability for Iowa.

Comment

• Being such a good shooter I think Bowen will be just fine. Having AJ his first two years will make it an easy transition. Born has rarely played not having the defense all focused on him.

My only concern is that we will be really small when Kimmons and him share the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post
                          Another thing to add to the size issue, Jordan Bohannon was listed at 6' 170 out of high school. I guess I don't think those couple inches would make any bit of difference, especially seeing him go head to head against guys like Xavier Foster and still putting up 49
                          Height makes a huge difference. It has turned tons of kids from D1 players to D3 players. Sure it can be overcome but its not something to just ignore and the biggest concern with Born. A 2 inch growth spurt would be massive.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Height makes a huge difference. It has turned tons of kids from D1 players to D3 players. Sure it can be overcome but its not something to just ignore and the biggest concern with Born. A 2 inch growth spurt would be massive.
                            The reality is, as well as Dahl has played in his minutes this year, he was a D1 recruit because of his size.
                            GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Not to be too personal or weird, but is shaving? The testosterone changes that happen in puberty close the growth plates. So in general, if he’s not shaving, he still could grow a little.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                                shaving, he still could grow a little.
                                I don't think there is a correlation between beard quality and height.

There are people who don't have the ability to grow a beard until their 40s. They aren't connected
                                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X