WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this put any pressure on his Barnstormer running-mate Born to sign early? The combination sure seems like it would be a early 2020 recruiting coup.

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
      Getting quality in state kids, getting them early, and getting kids that really WANT to be Panthers.

Feels like we could be on the verge of a really fun run these next several seasons...
      Kids that know they want to be Panthers....man I like the sound of that.

Jake's got it rolling.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

We've gotten, like, 37 recruits in the past 2 months, the hell is going on? Not complaining, just curious. Especially since they're committing so early, earlier than usual, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Kids that know they want to be Panthers....man I like the sound of that.

Jake's got it rolling.
          There have been comments in the past that UNI didn't take advantage of their on court success and take their recruiting to a new level. Maybe this is the bump. Cole Henry says he has followed UNI since Ali. Obviously James Betz wants to follow in Tuttle's footsteps. Even Green may not have been a lock if he had not grown up seeing UNI compete on a high level.
          I know for me my favorite players were the ones that I watched when I was 7 - 10 years old.
          "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post

There have been comments in the past that UNI didn't take advantage of their on court success and take their recruiting to a new level. Maybe this is the bump. Cole Henry says he has followed UNI since Ali. Obviously James Betz wants to follow in Tuttle's footsteps. Even Green may not have been a lock if he had not grown up seeing UNI compete on a high level.
            I know for me my favorite players were the ones that I watched when I was 7 - 10 years old.
            That's a very good point. We're starting to hit that generation that was young when we started really seeing our success. A generation that grew up watching UNI shine - not just Iowa and Iowa State.
            "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

Pretty sure I predictably this one when the visit was announced. Steven Crowl offered as well.

https://twitter.com/RyanJamesMN/stat...70839994515456

Comment

Originally posted by domedays View Post

I never thought about it this way, but it makes sense. It's nice to get kids early, I feel like in years past we offer kids early, then they end up getting scooped up by a P5 program. Don't know much about this kid, but I trust the coaches. Based on what I hear he kind of reminds me of another Isaiah Brown. Mid 6 foot, very athletic, not the best shooter. I think the 5'10" height listed on Verbal Commits came from his Iowa Barnstormers profile. There's a profile that's lists him as "Tytan" back in 10th grade, more recently he's listed as "Ty".
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

I never thought about it this way, but it makes sense. It's nice to get kids early, I feel like in years past we offer kids early, then they end up getting scooped up by a P5 program. Don't know much about this kid, but I trust the coaches. Based on what I hear he kind of reminds me of another Isaiah Brown. Mid 6 foot, very athletic, not the best shooter. I think the 5'10" height listed on Verbal Commits came from his Iowa Barnstormers profile. There's a profile that's lists him as "Tytan" back in 10th grade, more recently he's listed as "Ty".
                  I have a friend who works on the bettendorf staff who said he's prob around 6'2. Now, that was during school ball....could have grown in the summer.

Comment

Waterloo courier article about Anderson https://wcfcourier.com/sports/colleg...0f126fc5b.html
                    Feel the Power of Purple !!!!!!

Comment

"unselfish teammate capable of defending any position"

"Does the little things for his team to win"

"team-first mentality"

"I don’t want to go out and try scoring 30 a game. I go and I work hard, get on the floor, take charges, defend and score when needed."

Yep, perfect Jacobson player

Comment

We offered Jonathan Davis a SF from Lacrosse today

Comment

Wait, this Jonathan Davis? Who's already got offers from Wisconsin and UNLV? Alrighty.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jo...ruitInterests/

Comment

Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                            Wait, this Jonathan Davis? Who's already got offers from Wisconsin and UNLV? Alrighty.

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Jo...ruitInterests/
                            I believe so. We got him to campus. Has to mean something.

Comment

Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

I believe so. We got him to campus. Has to mean something.
                              I'm on board. We can start swinging bigger now, we've got both time and scholarships to work with. And like you said, he's obviously not completely sold on either school, otherwise he wouldn't be visiting. I'd like to see some more big offers go out.

Comment

I'm pretty comfortable we can compete against UNLV all day for a Midwestern recruit. The Badgers would be a tough beat...as history has shown...but he didn't come to CF just to get a nice lunch.
                                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Working...
                                X