WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Take off Kwadzo (only started 4 games) and add Tywhon Pickford and Juwon McCloud and you've got the full list.
    Kerwin Dunham, Matt Bohannon, Spencer Haldeman and Jeremy Morgan also started several games as freshman.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

Kerwin Dunham, Matt Bohannon, Spencer Haldeman and Jeremy Morgan also started several games as freshman.
      How could people forget Ted! It might have only been a single game, but I think it was his first game freshman year.

Comment

• I was told very second hand that the staff really likes Phyfe/Betz at the 5 spots going forward and they are targeting Henry for the 4? Sounded like they are bulking up Henry and working heavily on his jumpshot during the redshirt. Anybody else have some insight on this?

Seems like that 4 spot will change regardless and could look quite different depending on who is on the floor at a given time (Anderson/Henry/Carter) in future years.

Comment

Take off Kwadzo (only started 4 games) and add Tywhon Pickford and Juwon McCloud and you've got the full list.
          And Phyfe did start a good chunk of the season his freshman year, went back and forth with Bennett

Comment

• I love the way our roster is developing.

But we're really gonna miss JD next year.

That big body with his strength and hustle are hard to find. He has figured out how to consistently deliver coming off the bench.

He's a handful for a lot of teams to deal with.
            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              I love the way our roster is developing.

But we're really gonna miss JD next year.

That big body with his strength and hustle are hard to find. He has figured out how to consistently deliver coming off the bench.

He's a handful for a lot of teams to deal with.
              JD's been a bonus the past two years with his play. I don't think it's a coincidence his improvement has come with an actual big guy helping with the coaching staff. I'm curious what happens with Tuttle after his grad asst. role is completed. Is the money there to hire him as a full-time asst? Is there a limit on the number of assistants you can have on staff? Is Tuttle looking to make a bigger splash elsewhere?

I do think there are several highly skilled bigs on the roster right now that have the potential as a group to more than make up for JD's production and impact depending on the opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                I really wonder if we go away from the four guard lineup next year do to what we will have on our roster and playing more of a 2 forward lineup.

That allows us to redshirt Anderson and Heise which is probably the best option for both of them.
                What a world where we're redshirting a, what, like 30 pts/game player from Minneapolis. Recruiting has definitely stepped up in recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum2010 View Post
                  I was told very second hand that the staff really likes Phyfe/Betz at the 5 spots going forward and they are targeting Henry for the 4? Sounded like they are bulking up Henry and working heavily on his jumpshot during the redshirt. Anybody else have some insight on this?

Seems like that 4 spot will change regardless and could look quite different depending on who is on the floor at a given time (Anderson/Henry/Carter) in future years.
                  If Cole can develop a jump shot he absolutely would fit the 4 spot beautifully. He's really skilled with the ball in his hands, excellent passer. Xavier Foster got a lot of attention last year, deservedly so, but Cole was the person running the show in Osky last year leading them to a state title over Bowen Born and Norwalk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

If Cole can develop a jump shot he absolutely would fit the 4 spot beautifully. He's really skilled with the ball in his hands, excellent passer. Xavier Foster got a lot of attention last year, deservedly so, but Cole was the person running the show in Osky last year leading them to a state title over Bowen Born and Norwalk.
                    I agree, I am very excited for Henry coming in next year. He’s got good hands and is a great passer. Very Tuttle like in how he can facilitate offense as a big.
                    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by hoopfan View Post

JD's been a bonus the past two years with his play. I don't think it's a coincidence his improvement has come with an actual big guy helping with the coaching staff. I'm curious what happens with Tuttle after his grad asst. role is completed. Is the money there to hire him as a full-time asst? Is there a limit on the number of assistants you can have on staff? Is Tuttle looking to make a bigger splash elsewhere?

I do think there are several highly skilled bigs on the roster right now that have the potential as a group to more than make up for JD's production and impact depending on the opponent.
                      Sonnen and Tuttle are trading roles next year. Jake isn't hiring a strength coach and rolling that money into the Video Coordinator role so that Tuttle is paid in the ballpark of a 1st time assistant.

#MACtion

Comment

Sonnen and Tuttle are trading roles next year. Jake isn't hiring a strength coach and rolling that money into the Video Coordinator role so that Tuttle is paid in the ballpark of a 1st time assistant.
                        Will that change impact how much Tuttle will be able to be on court at practices? Sonnen spoke in the club room before a game earlier this season and mentioned as video coordinator he was not allowed on court during practices?

Comment

• Tuttle got engaged and bought a house in town. He's sticking around for a bit.
                          "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

• If they money is coming from a strength position do we give him the title of video coordinator or strength coach? More or less be Jed's assistant and video coordinator that way possibly he could be on the court?

Comment

• Originally posted by hediondo19 View Post

Will that change impact how much Tuttle will be able to be on court at practices? Sonnen spoke in the club room before a game earlier this season and mentioned as video coordinator he was not allowed on court during practices?
                              They'll manipulate the title however they have to to make sure he can be on the floor. Lots of schools are using 'Director of Player Development' right now.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I really doubt we would rarely ever see AJ, Kimmons, and Born at the same time. I would guess Kimmons or Bowen would start next year to eat up Spencer's minutes and the other guy will come of the bench similar to our back court rotation this year. It will work out great.
                                Heise has really improved over the past year and it's possible that with his additional size that he could move past Born and Kimmons.
                                The thing I'm most worried about with Born is his defense. We all know that with Jake if you can't be counted on defensively you won't see the court much.

Comment

Working...
                                X