WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I saw a tweet that called him a “big man” and chuckled. I get the context of the ohraae, butnwhen paired with the photo of him it was mildly entertaining.
    "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."
    -A twist on Matt Campbell getting Iowa State bowl eligible.

Comment

• He looks like a kid who grew up playing guard and caught a huge growth spurt. Now he's got guard skills in a 6'10" body.

He's got plenty of time to put on weight. You don't get a shot at that kind of length and game that often.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
        He looks like a kid who grew up playing guard and caught a huge growth spurt. Now he's got guard skills in a 6'10" body.

He's got plenty of time to put on weight. You don't get a shot at that kind of length and game that often.
        100%.

I don’t know if Biggie has been tall his whole life but that’s how guys like Biggie tend to “happen”. Skilled as a 2/3 guy and then just grow 6-7 inches and end up being 4/5 height. The guys that keep the touch and coordination are fantastic finds.
        "People will talk about getting into the playoffs - don't give a ****. This isn't about just getting to the playoffs. Bull**** programs care about just getting to the playoffs."

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
          I don't see a 2021 recruiting thread, so I'll just put this here...

2021 big Treyton Thompson of Alexandria High School will take a visit to Northern Iowa on October 18th
          Two other 2021 to keep an eye on, per the DMR. Both have UNI interest, with Creighton and Iowa also in the early mix:

Angelo Winkel, F, Algona Bishop Garrigan

Michael Duax, F, Dubuque Hempstead

I had heard that Duax was going to be a legit recruit. If it’s the same kid I’m thinking of, both his parents are UNI alumni.

In the same article, the 2021 PG from Des Moines North got some positive mention. He’s only 5’9 right now, but could obviously grow. He was good enough to cause North to move Tyreke Locure to 2 guard so the younger guy could get on the floor as a true FR, in class 4A. If he grows, we’ll start hearing a lot more about him.

Comment

• I'd say that now is as good a time as any if anyone wants to start a 2021 thread. I would, but I don't trust myself enough to update the main post.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Two other 2021 to keep an eye on, per the DMR. Both have UNI interest, with Creighton and Iowa also in the early mix:

I had heard that Duax was going to be a legit recruit. If it’s the same kid I’m thinking of, both his parents are UNI alumni.

In the same article, the 2021 PG from Des Moines North got some positive mention. He’s only 5’9 right now, but could obviously grow. He was good enough to cause North to move Tyreke Locure to 2 guard so the younger guy could get on the floor as a true FR, in class 4A. If he grows, we’ll start hearing a lot more about him.
              On the Hempstead kid, I believe PJ Hogan is a Hempstead grad himself and graduated with Hempstead's current Head Coach Deutsch. Deutsch and Hogan still keep in touch. Might not mean much, but sure doesn't hurt.
              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

If I recall correctly, the Winkel kid has publicly said he's long been a UNI fan and would love to play for them.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

100%.

I don’t know if Biggie has been tall his whole life but that’s how guys like Biggie tend to “happen”. Skilled as a 2/3 guy and then just grow 6-7 inches and end up being 4/5 height. The guys that keep the touch and coordination are fantastic finds.
                  Biggie was 5'11 as a freshman in HS. He always played guard. Actually had to play a lot of PG his senior year at 6'8. Now he's 6'10.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDB View Post

Biggie was 5'11 as a freshman in HS. He always played guard. Actually had to play a lot of PG his senior year at 6'8. Now he's 6'10.
                    Thanks. I figured something like that was the case.

Guys that are 6’8+ from day one, so to speak,
                    tend not to have the true wing skill set. It’s the guys that grow like that, and manage to keep their coordination, that have a real high ceiling.

Comment

• I was looking at verbalcommits today. And I noticed that some schools seem to offer lots of kids, others few. Marquette has "Open Offers: 24" for "Spots Left: 6" for the 2020 class. Gabe Madsen is among that group. They have offered 5* kids as well as other 2*. Just interesting. Weird to see all those offers open at once, since we don't do that...

Comment

• At one point a year or two ago Iowa State has 36 offers out for 2 spots.

Whi kniws how many were still valid, but it seems like bigger schools just cast the biggest net possible. Or move on within a few weeks with a “take it or lose it within a month” type offer.

Comment

• Any updates on the madsens? Or is the consensus we will find out next summer?

Comment

• Originally posted by uniPanthers View Post
                            Any updates on the madsens? Or is the consensus we will find out next summer?
                            Everything I've heard says that they really want to play together which probably makes the P6 a non-starter because Mason just isn't good enough to play at Wisconsin. He is good enough to be a contributor in the Valley. Gabe is good enough that it is worth two rides in a bigger class and right now I like our chances.
                            #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                            X