WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Nope. No disrespect to the other guys but Born is just better. Chance to be a very, very good scorer at this level.

Plus, Ty is going to be a swing 3/4 type kid that plays for his defense and rebounding.
    I'll go on record as saying I think folks might be underestimating how good Kimmons is gonna be at the D1 mid-major level.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

I'll go on record as saying I think folks might be underestimating how good Kimmons is gonna be at the D1 mid-major level.
      I don't think anyone is arguing that, it's just respect for how good Born really is. If he was 2 inches taller he would take in a ton of power five offers. Great passer, great scorer at all levels

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Oh, I think Kimmons is going to be very good. I just think Born is THAT good.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

I don't think anyone is arguing that, it's just respect for how good Born really is. If he was 2 inches taller he would take in a ton of power five offers. Great passer, great scorer at all levels
          This here is exactly right.

If Born was 6'2 and not 5'10 (call him 5'11 if you want) he is a 4* kid and has offers from Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa State, Creighton, Marquette, etc. basically take every offer you have with Gabe Madsen and add all the places in the upper midwest that didn't offer because they weren't wasting their time pretending like they care about his brother.

I wouldn't have bet against Kansas State, Illinois, Michigan, DePaul, Northwestern and others.

Early notes on Kimmons say he can/will be a very very good MM player. Born is just another level of player that is undersized, thus under recruited.

Comment

• So, is Born our prime target come open recruiting period?

Comment

• Originally posted by FOTY View Post
              So, is Born our prime target come open recruiting period?
              With Crowl and the Madsens (most likely) gone, I'd say yes. It's Born and Jennisson. Also think they'll put a lot in to trying to get Tschetter to commit for 2021.
              #MACtion

Comment

With Crowl and the Madsens (most likely) gone, I'd say yes. It's Born and Jennisson. Also think they'll put a lot in to trying to get Tschetter to commit for 2021.
                Courbat for 2021 has to be a huge priority as well

Comment

• Not exactly breaking news here but Matthew Bain of the DMR confirmed that Iowa is out on Bowen Born, after their latest PG commitment. He said it is more than likely down to UNI and Drake.
                  UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                    Not exactly breaking news here but Matthew Bain of the DMR confirmed that Iowa is out on Bowen Born, after their latest PG commitment. He said it is more than likely down to UNI and Drake.
                    Excellent.

Unless he goes to Drake. I'd rather he went to Boston College than torment us for 4 years

Comment

• Interesting that his only official visits so far are UNI and Indiana St. Hopefully he decides UNI is the right place, him and AJ playing together for a couple years would be awfully fun to watch.
                      To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Drake has put a TON into recruiting him. I wouldn't read anything into him not taking an official to Drake with him being so close.
                        #MACtion

Comment

Drake has put a TON into recruiting him. I wouldn't read anything into him not taking an official to Drake with him being so close.
                          Uh, idk. Why would you pass on taking your official visit to a school you're seriously considering attending? I get that it's next door for him but to experience the inside access first hand and receive the official wine and dine is kind of a no brainer. That'd be like getting married and passing on the catering sampling...why forego all that free food!?!?!?!
                          A better explanation is that he took his official visit already and it was somehow not reported anywhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Uh, idk. Why would you pass on taking your official visit to a school you're seriously considering attending? I get that it's next door for him but to experience the inside access first hand and receive the official wine and dine is kind of a no brainer. That'd be like getting married and passing on the catering sampling...why forego all that free food!?!?!?!
                            A better explanation is that he took his official visit already and it was somehow not reported anywhere.
                            He did an unofficial at Drake, where I’m sure he got that treatment. There’s a limit on how many Officials you can take and my take is he was hoping to do more. I think the only difference is that on an unofficial you pay your own travel. Well there’s no travel expense for him to Drake, so why not save them?

Comment

• Yep. You only get 5 now. He's still holding out hope...
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Played on the Same AAU team as Ty Anderson. Same conference as Cole Henry hopefully these are good relationships.
                                "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                                X