WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
    On the 09-10 team, seems like pretty often two of Adam, Jake, and Jordan were on the floor together.
    That was literally a decade ago. I don't think we need to go line by line on everything that has changed in college basketball between then and now.

Comment

• A little video of Tytan Anderson playing WR for North Scott football.

Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Krutwig is 30 pounds heavier than Phyfe and first team all-conference and the best block offensive player in the league. I hope Phyfe becomes as crafty as Krutwig but to say Phyfe is better now is ridiculous. I don’t buy basketball has changed in the last 10 years for us. We have had no NBA players. We play a slow pace. Lots of teams play 2 bigs at a time...don’t make me say it but Iowa does...and Berhow guarding Cook was ridiculous. West Virginia will likely play two.. Culver at 6-11 and a 6-9 McDonalds All-America against us. We have superb shooters with Green and Haldeman and I would throw in a much improved Berhow. Throw in our strength and experience with two bigs ala 2009 I think would work. Remember we have not had a winning season the last three years so I am not real sold on the 4 guard approach.
        At least not this year.

Comment

• Ty Anderson will be a joy to watch, he had a motor. I don’t know how many football offers he had, but he should have had 30.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leatherhelmet View Post
            Krutwig is 30 pounds heavier than Phyfe and first team all-conference and the best block offensive player in the league. I hope Phyfe becomes as crafty as Krutwig but to say Phyfe is better now is ridiculous. I don’t buy basketball has changed in the last 10 years for us. We have had no NBA players. We play a slow pace. Lots of teams play 2 bigs at a time...don’t make me say it but Iowa does...and Berhow guarding Cook was ridiculous. West Virginia will likely play two.. Culver at 6-11 and a 6-9 McDonalds All-America against us. We have superb shooters with Green and Haldeman and I would throw in a much improved Berhow. Throw in our strength and experience with two bigs ala 2009 I think would work. Remember we have not had a winning season the last three years so I am not real sold on the 4 guard approach.
            At least not this year.
            When has UNI ever had NBA players? How many from that 09 team were NBA players?
            Remind me how fast that 2009 team played? I forgot they set all kinds of pace records for how fast those teams played

I broke this down in another thread - maybe earlier in this one with the Born discussion and Drake fans going "HE DOESN'T BELONG IN THAT SLOW SYSTEM" - but the idea of the difference between slow and fast teams is so over blown. The difference between being one of the slowest teams in the nation and one of the top 150-100 teams in the nation is like 2.5-3 seconds per possession.

So instead of shooting at 31 seconds you are shooting at 28 seconds.

SO MUCH SPEED!

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

So instead of shooting at 31 seconds you are shooting at 28 seconds.

SO MUCH SPEED!
              If you shot it at 31 seconds, that would be some really bad offense.......

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

If you shot it at 31 seconds, that would be some really bad offense.......

Comment

• Hadn't heard anything about this kid, but we were in on him, and some of our coaches were following him on twitter. Just committed to Louisiana-Monroe. He has some decent athleticism at 6'8".

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                    Hadn't heard anything about this kid, but we were in on him, and some of our coaches were following him on twitter. Just committed to Louisiana-Monroe. He has some decent athleticism at 6'8".

https://twitter.com/thomas13howell/s...079197185?s=20
                    We had offered this kid several years ago. I think the connection is his HS coach was an ex-UNI hoops manager (or something like that) and we got interested when he was a freshman.

Not sure if that interest continued or not.

Comment

• Has nothing to do with us but the Murray twins from CR committed to Iowa....

were we ever interested? best and only offer was western Illinois out of high school so they did a post grad year. Seems a bit odd but good for them.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                        Has nothing to do with us but the Murray twins from CR committed to Iowa....

were we ever interested? best and only offer was western Illinois out of high school so they did a post grad year. Seems a bit odd but good for them.
                        For comparison's sake, Gauger, Wolf and Krogmann were all rated higher coming out and they all walked on here.

Francis is just so, so bad at recruiting.
                        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                          Has nothing to do with us but the Murray twins from CR committed to Iowa....

Great job by Fran beating out the Leathernecks on these guys.

That's awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

For comparison's sake, Gauger, Wolf and Krogmann were all rated higher coming out and they all walked on here.

Francis is just so, so bad at recruiting.
                            I follow Iowa high school recruiting to an extent, and when I first saw this on another site I assumed they were a brother tandem that he brought in from out of state somewhere. You’d think guys talented enough to play B1G basketball in a state like Iowa would be generating some serious preseason buzz. I can’t remember seeing anything about them prior to this. Fran is soooo popular amongst their fan base, and this can only enhance his lofty reputation.

Comment

• TBF, they appear to be legacy recruits. Still absolutely no excuse, but if it keeps the Hawks down, I'm not gonna complain too much.

Comment

• Also don't want to hear anyone complain about the UNI recruiting class ever again. Because Ty Anderson and Born are unarguably better (or more highly touted, semantics) than 3 of the 4 guys in Iowa's 2020 class. And I like me some Panthers, dislike me some Hawkeyes, but there should never be a single year where the classes are even seen in the same light. If I were neutral towards the Hawkeyes instead of hating them, I'd probably feel bad.

But I'm not so I don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X