WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So are people thinking a guy like Ty will be able to come in and contribute right away on the wing? I'm expecting Born will, especially with Spencer clearing out a lot of minutes, but Ty is interesting with the depth we already have on the wing with Older Ty, Trae, and Noah. Plus Cole Henry will certainly have some minutes next year one way or another.

Comment

• I would think that Ty will replace Isaiah, eventually.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
        I would think that Ty will replace Isaiah, eventually.
        Oh he will. Za was 6'5" 172 coming out of high school. Ty is 6'6" 180. Ty is built better too, he should be able to step into that role if need be right away, just not sure we will need that with what we have coming back

Comment

• Ty has grown so much it will be interesting to see how tall he ends up being.

Comment

• Someone will have to red shirt next season, right? I mean we'll have more coming in off this years red shirt group plus next year's freshmen than those leaving the program...

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
              Someone will have to red shirt next season, right? I mean we'll have more coming in off this years red shirt group plus next year's freshmen than those leaving the program...
              Heise for sure. Bowen will be very likely to be good enough to see the floor right away, and while Tytan's got guys in front of him, it'll be important to get him some actual game experience so he can be ready to be a major contributor in the Soph/Jr/Sr seasons.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/lakecitybb/statu...92128521871360

Nate Heise highlights from last night.

*just his dunks

Comment

• At least he can get up.

Comment

• Bowen Born dropped 32 points on 11 of 19 shooting and 7 of 9 free throws in a win on Tuesday.
                    and Ty Anderson scored 25 on 8 of 18 shooting and 9 of 12 from free throws the same day

Comment

• How does a rotation with AJ, Kimmons and Born work? Good problem to have!

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                        Bowen Born dropped 32 points on 11 of 19 shooting and 7 of 9 free throws in a win on Tuesday.
                        and Ty Anderson scored 25 on 8 of 18 shooting and 9 of 12 from free throws the same day
                        Read an article on the Ty Anderson game. Very complimentary, saying he would have had more points but City High was doubling.after Ty was "getting to the rim at will".
                        "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                          How does a rotation with AJ, Kimmons and Born work? Good problem to have!
                          It'll work fine. Born is incredibly talented but he's probably a 15 minute guy year one. He's going to have a huge learning curve defensively and being 145 pounds isn't going to help that.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Heise with a big day this weekend vs a very good Minneapolis North team...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hamlin_Hops View Post
                              Heise with a big day this weekend vs a very good Minneapolis North team...
                              You undersold that quite a bit, 39 points out of the team's 64, in a win. That's bigger than a big day.

Comment

• Looks like Minneapolis North is ranked 4th in the state - nice team to have such a good game against. I hadn't really heard a ton about Heise, but here's a good article about him going into his senior season. Seems like a hard worker.

Nate Heise has always been an excellent outside shooter. But if foes expect the Lake City senior to just launch 3-point shots this season, they're in for a big surprise.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X