WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good article in the DM Register yesterday:

​​​​​​https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...wa/4422405002/

How did I not realize he was Mike Born's (former ISU Cyclone) kid?
    Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
    Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
    - George Halas

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
      Being such a good shooter I think Bowen will be just fine. Having AJ his first two years will make it an easy transition. Born has rarely played not having the defense all focused on him.

My only concern is that we will be really small when Kimmons and him share the court.
      I really doubt we would rarely ever see AJ, Kimmons, and Born at the same time. I would guess Kimmons or Bowen would start next year to eat up Spencer's minutes and the other guy will come of the bench similar to our back court rotation this year. It will work out great.
      UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
      iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I really doubt we would rarely ever see AJ, Kimmons, and Born at the same time. I would guess Kimmons or Bowen would start next year to eat up Spencer's minutes and the other guy will come of the bench similar to our back court rotation this year. It will work out great.
        I kind of envision next year being Green, Born, Berhow, Carter and Phyfe. Can't imagine games starting without AJ having the ball in his hands for the first 4 minutes.
        #MACtion

Comment

• I'd say Green, Born, Berhow, Pickford and Phyfe. Pickford's D would balance out Born's likely struggles with D year 1.

Carter's D would need to come a ways to start, but I think he's first off the bench. Followed by Kimmons and Henry, then the freshman. I don't think anyone red-shirts next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

I don't think there is a correlation between beard quality and height.
            There is definitely a relationship between age of puberty (evidenced by starting shaving) and adult height.
            But no, there isn't a correlation between beard "quality" and height.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post

There is definitely a relationship between age of puberty (evidenced by starting shaving) and adult height.
              But no, there isn't a correlation between beard "quality" and height.
              Link me to studies where not being able to grow a beard means you are still going to grow.

I've been 6' since 7th grade but I apparently have inches to go yet even though I'm in my 30s because I can't grow a beard. That mid life growth spurt is going to be great!

That's not how genetics work, even if it seems that simple
              Last edited by clenz; 01-14-2020, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• This might be one of the weirdest discussions I've ever seen on this board (or any board, really). I would hope Bowen doesn't read it - I'd be weirded out.
                Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                - George Halas

Comment

• Whether Born starts right away or not, I love having players like him and Kimmons. Speedy guys who can cause havoc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

I kind of envision next year being Green, Born, Berhow, Carter and Phyfe. Can't imagine games starting without AJ having the ball in his hands for the first 4 minutes.
                    I will be completely shocked if Born is in the starting lineup from day 1. That doesn't seem to fit with Jake's use of freshmen, AJ being the exception. I hope this is really me underestimating Born's college readiness but that is a lot to expect of a 5'9" 140lb kid.
                    If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• I really wonder if we go away from the four guard lineup next year do to what we will have on our roster and playing more of a 2 forward lineup. Right now I see us playing the following.

Green
                      Berhow
                      Pickford
                      Phyfe
                      Betz
                      Kimmons
                      Born
                      Carter
                      Henry
                      Krogmann

That allows us to redshirt Anderson and Heise which is probably the best option for both of them. With those 10 players we have 3 guys who are guards only (Green, Kimmons, and Born) 2 who are true post players (Phyfe and Krogman although both can play away from the basket) 2 guards who have no problem playing in the post (Berhow and Pickford) and 3 guys who are kind of like a stretch 4 (Carter who has shown the ability to play out on the wing, Betz, and Henry)
                      Last edited by achrist70; 01-14-2020, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                        I really wonder if we go away from the four guard lineup next year do to what we will have on our roster and playing more of a 2 forward lineup. Right now I see us playing the following.

Green
                        Berhow
                        Pickford
                        Phyfe
                        Betz
                        Kimmons
                        Born
                        Carter
                        Henry
                        Krogmann

That allows us to redshirt Anderson and Heise which is probably the best option for both of them. With those 10 players we have 3 guys who are guards only (Green, Kimmons, and Born) 2 who are true post players (Phyfe and Krogman although both can play away from the basket) 2 guards who have no problem playing in the post (Berhow and Pickford) and 3 guys who are kind of like a stretch 4 (Carter who has shown the ability to play out on the wing, Betz, and Carter)
                        I know it has been discussed at times that the offense is technically designed to have 2 true post players. As we get more guys that fit the stretch 4 look (henry, betz, carter) it wouldn't surprise me at all to see us go to that approach.

Comment

• Originally posted by achrist70 View Post
                          I really wonder if we go away from the four guard lineup next year do to what we will have on our roster and playing more of a 2 forward lineup. Right now I see us playing the following.

Green
                          Berhow
                          Pickford
                          Phyfe
                          Betz
                          Kimmons
                          Born
                          Carter
                          Henry
                          Krogmann

That allows us to redshirt Anderson and Heise which is probably the best option for both of them. With those 10 players we have 3 guys who are guards only (Green, Kimmons, and Born) 2 who are true post players (Phyfe and Krogman although both can play away from the basket) 2 guards who have no problem playing in the post (Berhow and Pickford) and 3 guys who are kind of like a stretch 4 (Carter who has shown the ability to play out on the wing, Betz, and Carter)
                          I think this is entirely possible and might be in our best interest to do it this way. We would be thin next year on ball handling guards though.
                          UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post

I will be completely shocked if Born is in the starting lineup from day 1. That doesn't seem to fit with Jake's use of freshmen, AJ being the exception. I hope this is really me underestimating Born's college readiness but that is a lot to expect of a 5'9" 140lb kid.
                            Kwadzo Ahelegbe, Johnny Moran, Seth Tuttle, Deon Mitchell, AJ Green. That's it for freshman starters under Jake.

Comment

• Originally posted by 95UNIGRAD View Post
                              This might be one of the weirdest discussions I've ever seen on this board (or any board, really). I would hope Bowen doesn't read it - I'd be weirded out.
                              ok - I'll stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

Kwadzo Ahelegbe, Johnny Moran, Seth Tuttle, Deon Mitchell, AJ Green. That's it for freshman starters under Jake.
                                Take off Kwadzo (only started 4 games) and add Tywhon Pickford and Juwon McCloud and you've got the full list.
                                #MACtion

Comment

Working...
                                X