WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He got triple teamed every time he got the ball inside the 3 point line

Comment

• His team fell behind early and he didn't score until the last few minutes of the first quarter, but Born finished with 34 points and 11 assists as Norwalk advances to the state title game. It will go on, closed to spectators. Game will be tomorrow at 6:30.

Some highlights from him today. If you only watched this you'd think that he was a pass first point guard, not the state leader in points. He can flat out ball. https://twitter.com/Watch_IHSSN/stat...22358529421312
      Last edited by sevelev711; 03-12-2020, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• I heard a little of Cedar Falls vs Ankeny Centennial on the radio the other day. The color commentator was the coach of a DSM area prep school and seemed to know his stuff. He said some good things about Trey Campbell from Cedar Falls. Do any of you know if he’s a potential prospect? It sounded like he was younger and had a couple of years yet to develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
          His team fell behind early and he didn't score until the last few minutes of the first quarter, but Born finished with 34 points and 11 assists as Norwalk advances to the state title game. It will go on, closed to spectators. Game will be tomorrow at 6:30.

Some highlights from him today. If you only watched this you'd think that he was a pass first point guard, not the state leader in points. He can flat out ball. https://twitter.com/Watch_IHSSN/stat...22358529421312
          So quick in some of those.

Comment

• Borns highlights look like recruiting video that a player would put together for a season, but he did all that in one game.

I was curious about Campbell as well. I haven’t watched Cedar Falls till last night but went to the game and it looked like he stepped up when things were looking bad for CF. He was not dominant but seemed to me to be the leader when they needed one. Impressive for a sophomore
            "My role is to lead, plain and simple. . . .I with the help of my staff and our administration, we will lead." --Ben Jacobson

Comment

• Born and Norwalk are in the second half right now in a tight game. You can watch it live (for free) by going to the IHSAA website:
              https://www.iahsaa.org/basketball/st...ament-central/

Comment

• Spoiler alert.
                Norwalk wins a squeaker. Born player of the tourney, shocking no one.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
                  Spoiler alert.
                  Norwalk wins a squeaker. Born player of the tourney, shocking no one.
                  It wasn't a squeaker. Norwalk was up by double digits pretty much the entire 4th qtr.
                  SBL was fouling for the last five minutes and made some three's and some and 1's to close the gap. It wasn't until under a minute to go that they got it to within 4 and made the last basket with 3 seconds to go to pull within 2, but Norwalk didn't need to inbound the ball because the clock doesn't stop in HS ball.
                  Congrats to Bowen and team. We look forward to his next game, which will be as a Panther!

Comment

• Seems like next year, we will have 11 scholarship players.
                    Trae, Ty
                    AJ, Austin
                    Kimmons, Cole, Carter, Betz
                    Tytan, Born, Heise
                    +any walk ons who will be getting a scholarship.

Surely we are after a transfer or two?

Comment

• DJ Carton is transferring. Think we go after him?

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                        Seems like next year, we will have 11 scholarship players.
                        Trae, Ty
                        AJ, Austin
                        Kimmons, Cole, Carter, Betz
                        Tytan, Born, Heise
                        +any walk ons who will be getting a scholarship.

Surely we are after a transfer or two?
                        Yep to all. (Although Cole will be a Freshmen)

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                          DJ Carton is transferring. Think we go after him?
                          I mean we will call. But it will probably be Iowa or Illinois. But then again after his time at OSU he might want a smaller school. Who knows

Comment

• Born wins Iowa Gatorade POY as well!

Comment

• Heise named Area Player of the Year.

Had approximately 60 dunks this year. That is crazy for high school basketball.

"I think he's got a phenomenal career ahead of him," Berge said. "I think he is going to flourish at Northern Iowa. I think he is going to thrive when he is going against competition like that each and every day. That's the way he's wired. He's a high major talent and he's going to a school where can have a great career and make a big impact."

"Hopefully we can make the NCAA Tournament a couple of years that I am there," Heise said. "And I think if I play the way I'm capable and compete, I can get some minutes as a freshman and hopefully just keep on working my way up from there. And then after that, who knows what could happen, playing past college and overseas and all those different options."

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                                https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...2e6c999c3.html

Heise named Area Player of the Year.

Had approximately 60 dunks this year. That is crazy for high school basketball.

"I think he's got a phenomenal career ahead of him," Berge said. "I think he is going to flourish at Northern Iowa. I think he is going to thrive when he is going against competition like that each and every day. That's the way he's wired. He's a high major talent and he's going to a school where can have a great career and make a big impact."

"Hopefully we can make the NCAA Tournament a couple of years that I am there," Heise said. "And I think if I play the way I'm capable and compete, I can get some minutes as a freshman and hopefully just keep on working my way up from there. And then after that, who knows what could happen, playing past college and overseas and all those different options."
                                I like this mentality, to earn his way into the lineup/onto the court. I'm optimistic he'll have a better Panther career than most expected when he signed.

Comment

Working...
                                X