WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan James had a tweet today " I don't know where Nathan Heise is going to fall on the scale between a Marc Sonnen type of quality guard and a Nate Wolters second round pick but wherever it is, it will be too good for UNI."

thats pretty high praise from a guy connected on MN high school talent and see's some great players.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
      Ryan James had a tweet today " I don't know where Nathan Heise is going to fall on the scale between a Marc Sonnen type of quality guard and a Nate Wolters second round pick but wherever it is, it will be too good for UNI."

thats pretty high praise from a guy connected on MN high school talent and see's some great players.
      He got some windup on that backhand, but I'll take it.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
        Ryan James had a tweet today " I don't know where Nathan Heise is going to fall on the scale between a Marc Sonnen type of quality guard and a Nate Wolters second round pick but wherever it is, it will be too good for UNI."

From what I can tell, Heise played a pretty similar role in HS that AJ is playing for the Panthers right now. There are some similarities to their games as well. Will be interesting to see if they're allowed to play along side one another or if they'll primarily be paired with smaller guards, Born and Kimmons.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

He got some windup on that backhand, but I'll take it.
          phone auto corrected....”so, so good for UNI” not too good lol. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
            Here's a little story about Nate Heise. I think this kid has the potential to be pretty special.

https://kttc.com/2020/04/13/coronavi...ys-nate-heise/
            Trying to outwork people, and a 30 ppg scorer talking about defense and rebounding as the way to earn court time. I like him already.

Comment

• Nate Heise has done a total 180 in perception since the time he first committed. We wrote him off on this board almost immediately.

Credit to him for working his butt off, and credit to our recruiting for seeing the potential early.

Comment

• I agree. Well done by the staff getting this kid. The videos of his size from freshmen year to senior year are crazy. Heck of a class when you count Henry in it. Hopefully Heise has a hoop available to be shooting this summer.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIhoops View Post
                  I agree. Well done by the staff getting this kid. The videos of his size from freshmen year to senior year are crazy. Heck of a class when you count Henry in it. Hopefully Heise has a hoop available to be shooting this summer.
                  If you watch the clip posted by PantherAlum09 above it shows the hoop he's practicing on these days

Comment

• I was just kidding. I saw he had three hoops and a weight room at his house.

Comment

• Originally posted by MNpanthers View Post
                      Nate Heise has done a total 180 in perception since the time he first committed. We wrote him off on this board almost immediately.

Credit to him for working his butt off, and credit to our recruiting for seeing the potential early.
                      I for one am shocked that basketball coaches know more about recruits than random people on a message board.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

I for one am shocked that basketball coaches know more about recruits than random people on a message board.
                        Well, he only has a few D3 offers when we offered - and everybody was all about the Madsen brothers at that time. With that said, our staff has an incredible ability to find good talent before others, imo. Thankfully Heise didn't hold out for a P5 offer. It feels like we lose so many guys to P5s after we were one of the first to offer.
                        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• A guy that we mentioned before on here, Cordell Pemsl ended up at Virginia Tech. I hope he stays healthy and can contribute. I liked his game/energy at Iowa.

Comment

• Great job by the staff finding Heise. They were way ahead of the curve on this one.
                            Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• Kobe King is back on the market per Jon Rothstein!

Comment

• The whole Kobe King situation seems odd. If his initial reasons for leaving Wisconsin are true, I'd still love to have him here, but transferring a bit out of nowhere, then committing and backing out just looks... not great. I wonder if maybe he regretted not going to one of the other places who was after him when he left Wisconsin? Kind of weird all around, but like I said months ago - if he wants a better team/family atmosphere, I don't know that he'll find a place much better and closer to home than UNI.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X