WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
    The whole Kobe King situation seems odd. If his initial reasons for leaving Wisconsin are true, I'd still love to have him here, but transferring a bit out of nowhere, then committing and backing out just looks... not great. I wonder if maybe he regretted not going to one of the other places who was after him when he left Wisconsin? Kind of weird all around, but like I said months ago - if he wants a better team/family atmosphere, I don't know that he'll find a place much better and closer to home than UNI.
    I think he is quitting basketball. (or that is what Husker friends tell me)

But yes, he should come here just in case he changes his mind.
    Last edited by DownGoesKansas; 06-19-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

• Hell, come here. Redshirt and take a year to just get away from the game and come back afterwards.
      #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
        Hell, come here. Redshirt and take a year to just get away from the game and come back afterwards.
        Immediately fills Trae's role. That sounds perfect. The other transfer fills Ty's role. Let's do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

I think he is quitting basketball. (or that is what Husker friends tell me)

But yes, he should come here just in case he changes his mind.

This is the first I’ve read publicly saying so.
          Praying for this kid. He has put a lot of work into his skills. Hope everything is ok.

Comment

• I'm not sure how official "Eric the Red" is, but it looks like Kobe King ended up at Mankato.

https://twitter.com/RealEricTheRed/s...036567040?s=20

Comment

• Eric the Red is legit. He's pretty well connected up there.

That whole situation is just bizarre.
              #MACtion

Comment

• That's crazy, him going D2 was just about the last thing I expected. Weird.
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Found this old article on Born today. Learned some interesting facts about his family ties to the NBA:

Comment

• How did we miss out on the Murray twins at Iowa. Tall athletic players from Cedar Rapids area. Seems like Iowa players that would fit the Panthers roster. How could Keenan only of had one offer Western Illinois. Playing quite well for Iowa as Freshman. Why didn’t UNI recruit him and his brother

Comment

• Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                      How did we miss out on the Murray twins at Iowa. Tall athletic players from Cedar Rapids area. Seems like Iowa players that would fit the Panthers roster. How could Keenan only of had one offer Western Illinois. Playing quite well for Iowa as Freshman. Why didn’t UNI recruit him and his brother
                      Iirc, it was a similar situation to AJ, in that everyone knew they were going to Iowa, so they weren't really recruited by many.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post

Iirc, it was a similar situation to AJ, in that everyone knew they were going to Iowa, so they weren't really recruited by many.
                        Not sure I buy that. Fran was criticized by many for their signing, with lots of people thinking it was an overreach. Obviously Fran’s being proven right.

Comment

• A short read on the Murray twins: https://www.si.com/college/iowa/bask...recruit-041320

Comment

• A kid I know we at least showed interest in just put his name in the transfer portal. J'vonne Hadley who played at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, MN. He's a 6'6" guard that played at Northeastern this past season. He did not play much at all, but he has some good length and athleticism. Not sure what our scholarship situation looks like for next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                              A kid I know we at least showed interest in just put his name in the transfer portal. J'vonne Hadley who played at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, MN. He's a 6'6" guard that played at Northeastern this past season. He did not play much at all, but he has some good length and athleticism. Not sure what our scholarship situation looks like for next year.
                              Scholarship situation should be good.

Senior (1)--Phyfe
                              Junior (3) --Green, Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                              Sophomore (4) --Heise, Born, Anderson, Henry
                              Freshmen (3) -- Duax, Wolf, Courbat

Berhow, Pickford, Mar would not count for next year if they decide to come back. Could actually add 2 scholarship players but I'm guessing the budget allows 1 max.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Scholarship situation should be good.

Senior (1)--Phyfe
                                Junior (3) --Green, Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                                Sophomore (4) --Heise, Born, Anderson, Henry
                                Freshmen (3) -- Duax, Wolf, Courbat

Berhow, Pickford, Mar would not count for next year if they decide to come back. Could actually add 2 scholarship players but I'm guessing the budget allows 1 max.
                                There's actually 4 juniors listed here, so unless I'm missing something, we only have 1 available. Also, genuine curiosity here, but did you not bump AJ up to a senior because this year would have been an injury RS year for him even without the extra COVID year? This extra year that everybody gets really makes me curious which, if any, guys use it. If we have a really strong year next year, does Phyfe consider coming back? Kind of makes me wonder if Jake keeps a scholarship or two open just in case, although I'm sure that's a conversation he'll have with the guys sooner rather than later.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X