WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Iowa reportedly offered Logan Wolf tonight.

    Comment


    • #32
      A WR of Wolf's caliber...he could catch 12...maybe 15 balls in the next 4 years in Captain Kirk's offense. 😅😄

      Will be interesting how this turns out. I feel pretty good about our chances.

      If LW wants to play at a Power 5...and I have no doubt he could...Iowa would not be a good choice to maximize his skill set.

      Kade Warner played substantial snaps at Nebraska as a RS frosh (I know he's a wo). LWs upside is clearly much higher. I'm surprised he doesn't have 4 or 5 P5 offers.

      Surprised Chris Klieman isn't in his living room right now. Or Matt Campbell.
      Last edited by Blue42; 12-13-2018, 06:54 AM.
      Winning is more fun than losing.

      Comment


      • #33
        Logan has the frame to put on 40 pounds and be the next big time TE to come out of there.

        I think he stays committed because he wants to play basketball and he's a legacy, but if I were him I'd be awfully nervous about Farley's history in picking quarterbacks.
        #MACtion

        Comment


        • #34
          Ugh, this is not the news we needed...
          UNI FIGHT

          Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
            Iowa reportedly offered Logan Wolf tonight.
            Imagine that

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
              Surprised Chris Klieman isn't in his living room right now. Or Matt Campbell.
              I know Campbell is not sure about Kleiman. Don’t be surprised when he doesn’t sign with UNI.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                Logan has the frame to put on 40 pounds and be the next big time TE to come out of there.

                I think he stays committed because he wants to play basketball and he's a legacy, but if I were him I'd be awfully nervous about Farley's history in picking quarterbacks.
                I thought TE too, based on what I’ve read and some assumptions about why no P5 offers. I’ll bet TJ Hockenson wasn’t much bigger than Wolf in high school.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I think some of u boys are reaching.

                  LW is 180 lbs. He's about the same size that Cooper Kupp was in HS...a little taller.

                  Hockenson was 220 lbs in high school.

                  I don't know where LW is going...but he ain't putting on 50 lbs and playing TE. He's a potential big time WR.
                  Winning is more fun than losing.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                    I think some of u boys are reaching.

                    LW is 180 lbs. He's about the same size that Cooper Kupp was in HS...a little taller.

                    Hockenson was 220 lbs in high school.

                    I don't know where LW is going...but he ain't putting on 50 lbs and playing TE. He's a potential big time WR.
                    I stand corrected if that’s the case. I thought he was bigger than that. I saw him play basketball at Wells Fargo last year. I don’t remember him being a skinny guy. Anyway, hopefully he comes to UNI. He sounds like a nice get.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                      A WR of Wolf's caliber...he could catch 12...maybe 15 balls in the next 4 years in Captain Kirk's offense. 😅😄.
                      While I hope Wolf sticks with UNI, does anybody think Farley will get him the ball more than Ferentz?

                      Also, if Wolf selects UNI, what sport do you think he will end up playing as a sophomore or beyond? He’s a good athlete, but I don’t believe at the college level you can sustain playing both sports all four years. With the schedules overlapping near the end of the football season, I have to believe it’s difficult to juggle both as well as classroom work.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by havok58 View Post

                        While I hope Wolf sticks with UNI, does anybody think Farley will get him the ball more than Ferentz?

                        Also, if Wolf selects UNI, what sport do you think he will end up playing as a sophomore or beyond? He’s a good athlete, but I don’t believe at the college level you can sustain playing both sports all four years. With the schedules overlapping near the end of the football season, I have to believe it’s difficult to juggle both as well as classroom work.
                        All of you Cedar Valleyites know him way better than I do, but his future has to be in football. If he was an MVC level or above basketball recruit, he would’ve generated a lot more noise in that sport.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I think it's FB. I don't doubt his hoops game but his upside in FB is significant.
                          Last edited by Blue42; 12-15-2018, 08:28 AM.
                          Winning is more fun than losing.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            He's MAYBE a DII basketball player.

                            Football should drive his decision on this.
                            #MACtion

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              UNI is offering QBs at a pace of about 1 every 4 days.

                              So....is somebody other than Howell and Dunne not gonna be back next year?

                              Winning is more fun than losing.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                My guess is Farley maybe realizing that no matter all the practice and giving Keller all the opportunity he isn’t the guy Farley thought he was, and prob stubborn that Sullivan a Klein recruit same class, so he won’t have a fair shot, then not sure about McElvain, haven’t heard good or bad with him.. he is pretty small for this level..... but I wouldn’t think he worried about that St Louis kid coming in, pretty decent hudl, more of a passer tho, and we know Farley’s philosophy with his QBs. Moore went to S Dakota

                                confusing why Farley didn’t give some of these kids more game time action to develop, get experience, and evaluate.
                                Last edited by Purpledog; 12-15-2018, 03:54 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X