WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or are we at risk of losing Martens? Just conjecture.

Looks like the Clones just went in and offered 3 kids from DeSmet Jesuit in StL...where Martens is from.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

The Cyclones are pretty loose with their offers to sophomores, which is what those DeSmet kids were. They have Purdy locked in as a starter for the next few years and have had a commitment from Easton Dean since last February, so there's really no chance Martens is going there.

The recent offers have been to a few JUCO transfers, which I think is a reflection of how they feel about the guys they already have in house.

I only saw Kare Lyles and Stone Smartt (Stoney Waters). Pretty highly regarded transfers. Stone Smartt visited San Jose State and then added an offer from UCONN. He also took an official at South Alabama.

Lyles is pretty quiet on Twitter, but he's the fourth ranked pro-style QB for JUCO. He's been linked to Arkansas, however.
      Kare' Lyles is a 6-1, 215-pound Pro-Style Quarterback from Scottsdale, AZ.
      Last edited by Yupster; 12-17-2018, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Stone Smart just committed to Old Dominion.

Comment

Kare Lyles just tweeted an offer from SIU.

Comment

Can't wait to see a list of signees. Off season is too long.

Comment

You'll be waiting until February

Our program is hideously dumb in that they won't release anything until February

****ing stupid
              GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Farley's paranoia is just something.
                #MACtion

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post
                  You'll be waiting until February

Our program is hideously dumb in that they won't release anything until February

****ing stupid
                  Yeah I've never understood this.....you think it's mostly paranoia or do you think it's Farley promising the same thing to multiple kids and not being able to deliver? So we wait to announce the fact that we signed X players at Y position and Farley promised them all the moon?
                  Last edited by SoccerDobber; 12-19-2018, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoccerDobber View Post

Yeah I've never understood this.....you think it's mostly paranoia or do you think it's Farley promising the same thing to multiple kids and not being able to deliver on those problems?
                    Yes.

It's the program - Farley - not understanding he isn't hiding anything by not having a press release
                    It is a combination of Farley not wanting anyone to know anything and believing that if a kid with an offer sees a kid signed in December they will refuse to sign in February.

Just stupid
                    GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clenz View Post

Yes.

It's the program - Farley - not understanding he isn't hiding anything by not having a press release
                      It is a combination of Farley not wanting anyone to know anything and believing that if a kid with an offer sees a kid signed in December they will refuse to sign in February.

Just stupid
                      It's killing us. Look at how much buzz it creates on social media. It might seem insignificant to some but it's a chance to give these kids the spotlight and to show off some of the work the coaching staff has been doing.

Comment

Coach Clayton didn't get the memo.

Check out @RyanClanton’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RyanClanton/stat...979043841?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by Yupster View Post
                          Coach Clayton didn't get the memo.

Check out @RyanClanton’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/RyanClanton/stat...979043841?s=09
                          Good job Coach Clanton. Glad to see some big dudes coming in.

Comment

Farley about to give it to him behind closed doors for that.
                            GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

I would be curious to know how often we lose recruiting against former Farley assistants.

Are they able to or are they telling kids “I know he said this, but here is how it really goes down”

One of the ‘what ifs’ in sports I will likely never have an answer for.

Comment

apparently Bisonville is pissed off at UNI and their Coaches for calling every 1 of Ndsu recruits and offers. You got a couple of them, so hats off to you.

Personally, i don't give a poop, all is fair in Love & War right? I like your class, congrats.
                                UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Working...
                                X