WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dawson Fenton - 6'2 220lbs - DT/TE/FB - Sioux City, IA (Bishop Heelan)
    https://www.hudl.com/video/3/8035056...81010d30a93fd4

52 tackles
    26 TFL
    13 solo sacks
    15 receptions
    235 yards (15.7 YPC)
    2 TD
    second on team in every reception stat

Would seem to be a PWO spot. No other offers I can find quickly, but he did visit Iowa State in November.
    GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Stephon Field - 5'11 160lb (?) - WR - Des Moines, IA (East HS) - PWO offer
      https://www.hudl.com/profile/6312610/Stephon-Field

40 receptions
      838 yards (21 YPC)
      13 TD
      Led team in all categories

37 for 734 as a junior

Other offers - Iowa Central CC, Iowa Western CC
      GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Class of 2020 offer to watch

Russell Corrigan - 6'4 220lb - TE - Hutchinson, MN
        https://www.hudl.com/profile/8007446/Russell-Corrigan

534 yards
        10 TD

Other offers: South Dakota
        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Kare Lyles ends up in the MVFC - which is a place I didn't want to see him unless it was in Cedar Falls.

He will sign with Southern Illinois.

Won't make a ton of difference because SIU won't give him any kind of defense to make his stats mean anything.
          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• It'll be pretty surprising, to me at least, if Martens isn't the guy now.
            #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
              It'll be pretty surprising, to me at least, if Martens isn't the guy now.
              Yep.

Lyles was the one guy outside of the program that could have come in and instantly been "the guy".
              GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                Anybody know if Matt Cook...the kicker from Cedar Falls High...is gonna kick for the Panthers next year.

Saw something pop up on Twitter that seemed to strongly hint he was but wasn't definitive.

He was class 4A all-state last year saw him kick some in the playoffs. He hit some nice ones.
                Jorgensen aside, cook should be brought to campus if he is free and willing

54-56 PAT (96.4%)
                14-16 FG (87.5%)
                long 45
                88 kick offs
                5,035 yards (57 YPKO)
                46 touchbacks

I'd assume this year Drysdale gets the job back for his senior season

2018: DNP

2017: Earned All-American status, after being named HERO Sports All-Sophomore Team Honorable Mention...Saw action in 12 games for UNI... chipped in 17 of his 21 field goal attempts... his 17 makes are tied for 10th-most in a season at UNI... went 37-of-39 on PATs... aided UNI's red zone scoring, with the Panthers capping the season ranked first in the FCS for that category... made a career-high four field goals against Missouri State (11/11), while knocking in a career-long 47-yarder against the Bears... knocked in three field goals against Monmouth (11/25).

2016: Saw action in three games ... went 4-for-4 in field goals in UNI's win over Indiana State (11/5), earning MVFC Special Teams Player of the Week ... scored a career-long 40-yarder against the Sycamores ... had a career-high 112 kickoff yards in UNI's win at #18 Western Illinois (11/12), also knocking in a 21-yard field goal ... scored a 20-yard field goal against #8 South Dakota State (11/19).

2015: Redshirted

After Drysdale there is no one on campus that has kicked in a college game. The only other kicker is Nate Murphy - who was just 4-4 as a senior.
                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Working on a spreadsheet similar to the 2020 sheet I've started.

2019 Recruit List

So far just the kids that signed in December. Will get outstanding offers added later.
                  Last edited by clenz; 01-28-2019, 11:54 PM.
                  GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Need some impacts in the backfield

Comment

• Nice little write up at Hero Sports:

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/footbal...ing-class-bzbz

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                        Working on a spreadsheet similar to the 2020 sheet I've started.

2019 Recruit List

So far just the kids that signed in December. Will get outstanding offers added later.
                        Thank you, Chad.
                        "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• List is updated in that link.

A few notes I came across:

Billy Conway Jr. had decommitted from Central Missouri (as I expected). I have seen no new offers outside of those already listed. I think UNI is in a good spot.

Jorgensen has a highlight film. He needs to clean up the accuracy, but he has a cannon of a leg. His FGs that were good from 38-42 would be good from about 60. His KO overage was hurt by the max length being 60. He's launching them 70-75 yards and splitting the uprights with kick offs with ease. He's a too 35 kicker in the country per Kohls Kicking Academy - which focuses only on kickers and punters.

Also to note - I combined all the doc I was doing into 1. You'll find tabs on the bottom for each year out through 2021...because apparently we offered a freshman from Ft. Lauderdale. Can't confirm anywhere but a kid's social media, but I put it on there for now.
                          Last edited by clenz; 01-28-2019, 11:55 PM.
                          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• One last 2019 offer I found tonight.

Janorris Robertson DE/TE 6'2 240 Offered 1/24/2019 Hudl N/A NR Jacksonville, FL Raines HS Kentucky, Samford, Dodge City CC (KS), Alabama A&M, Bethune-Cookman, Edward Waters, Valdosta State Central Florida - PWO
                            Unsure if the Kentucky and Samford offers are still valid. They are from September
                            GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Regarding Janorris Robertson, that offer list is everything from SEC to NAIA. Weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trapped in California View Post
                                Regarding Janorris Robertson, that offer list is everything from SEC to NAIA. Weird.
                                I can't quite figure him - based on the very quick scrolling of social media tracking offers - out. I can't imagine most of his offers are committable anymore. I can't find a 247 or Rivals page for him. I find nothing except a hudl. That is extremely odd given that he apparently held a Kentucky offer at one point.

The best I can find is a MaxPreps profile - which is almost always useless but isn't for him. MaxPreps has him as one of the top prospects in Florida.

Per that he had: Tackles
                                Varsity Totals 30 97 46 143 4.8 19.0
                                Year Grade Team GP Solo Asst Tot Tckls T/G TFL
                                18-19 Senior Varsity 14 60 15 75 5.4 15.0
                                17-18 Junior Varsity 8 23 15 38 4.8 1.0
                                16-17 Sophomore Varsity 8 14 16 30 3.8 3.0
                                Sacks
                                Varsity Totals 30 23.0 55 0.8 20
                                Year Grade Team GP Sacks Ydl S/G Hurs
                                18-19 Senior Varsity 14 12.0 0.9 16
                                17-18 Junior Varsity 8 8.0 40 1.0 1
                                16-17 Sophomore Varsity 8 3.0 15 0.4 3
                                Defensive Statistics
                                Varsity Totals 30 1 45 45.0 0.0 5 19 2

Certainly seems to have the stats to warrant having larger FCS/FBS offers, but I can't find anything on him. It's all HBCU's and then UNI, Samford and Kentucky. Based on what I can find for a timeline on him

Jan 24 UNI offer
                                Jan 19 Alabama AM official
                                Jan 12 Bethune-Cookman official
                                Jan 6 Dodge City CC offer
                                Dec 10 Bethune-Cookman offer
                                Dec 8 Edward Waters offer
                                Sept 25 Kentucky offer
                                Sept 20 Valdosta State offer
                                Sept 20 Samford offer
                                Feb 17 UCF visit

Based on Tweets I've seen from "scouts" that have tweeted about him he has a decent/good GPA, average ACT score, SAT score was high average. That would seem to make him a qualifier.

Can't explain it. I also spent too much time looking up things on this HS kid beyond the first two google links (Hudl and 247). So I'll just leave it at that and hope the best for the kid no matter where he ends up.
                                Last edited by clenz; 01-29-2019, 11:02 AM.
                                GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X