WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
    Cameron Baker...a MLB/RB from CB Thomas Jeff...has committed to UNI.

Big kid...6'2" and 220.

Was recruited by Iowa and Indiana...as well as NDSU...but had shoulder surgery and other issues that hindered recruiting.

Panthers stayed on him and it paid off.

Guessing he goes as LB for the purple.

​​​​
    Really going out on a limb there assuming Farley is back....

#MACtion

Comment

Does anyone know if we’re interested in Jason Murray from WDM Dowling? I just watched Dowling stomp Valley, and he was most of Dowling’s offense. Dowling’s offensive line is huge, and good, and Murray has great vision to find holes and quickness to burst thru them. I’ve heard he’s getting some JUCO and FCS level interest, but not sure from whom.

For you Cedar Valleyites, the best Iowa high school RB prospect in several years is Williams from SE Polk. They play Cedar Falls in the next round of the playoffs.

Comment

Williams is long gone for UNI, unless you're just making a statement as a matter-of-fact.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
          Williams is long gone for UNI, unless you're just making a statement as a matter-of-fact.
          Correct. He hold Iowa and Iowa St offers, but could go upwards beyond that. Michigan, etc., have been in contact with him.

Beyond him, SE Polk has had issues. They’re only 6-5, but have played the toughest schedule in 4A and have beaten two really good teams to get to the Dome. They beat Ankeny Centennial in the first round, whom many thought would win the title. SE Polk vs Cedar Falls should be an interesting matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Correct. He hold Iowa and Iowa St offers, but could go upwards beyond that. Michigan, etc., have been in contact with him.

Beyond him, SE Polk has had issues. They’re only 6-5, but have played the toughest schedule in 4A and have beaten two really good teams to get to the Dome. They beat Ankeny Centennial in the first round, whom many thought would win the title. SE Polk vs Cedar Falls should be an interesting matchup.
            I doubt it. CF is pretty loaded. Logan Wolf has been an absolute monster.

Just obliterated a very good Waukee team last night.
            UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
            iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post

I doubt it. CF is pretty loaded. Logan Wolf has been an absolute monster.

Just obliterated a very good Waukee team last night.
              This sounds like CF’s best team in several years, and I know they’ve had some good ones. They should beat SE Polk based on SE Polk’s issues this year (against the toughest schedule in 4A), but they’ve somehow found their groove lately. Beating Centennial is no small feat, and Centennial vs. Cedar Falls would probably be considered a pretty even matchup. Centennial won easily when they met earlier in the year, and shut down Williams. Playoffs, totally different. My guess is SE Polk doesn’t have enough talent this year around Williams to continue this run.

Comment

As long as the Dowling Football school district extends beyond state lines into Chicago and Twin Cities then we can all just continue to play for 2nd.

I think CF beats SEP since I wasn't impressed by the Rams when I watched them earlier this year. That being said, I'm always skeptical of teams from the eastern side of the state. The last few years, even if you take away Dowling the best teams have been from the DSM burbs.

Comment

Originally posted by panther-state View Post
                  As long as the Dowling Football school district extends beyond state lines into Chicago and Twin Cities then we can all just continue to play for 2nd.

I think CF beats SEP since I wasn't impressed by the Rams when I watched them earlier this year. That being said, I'm always skeptical of teams from the eastern side of the state. The last few years, even if you take away Dowling the best teams have been from the DSM burbs.
                  By defintion, Dowling has no district. I think Jason Murray came to DSM from Minneapolis, but could be wrong. He still wasn’t their best RB on last years’ team.

Dowling is king until proven otherwise. Their team this year is probably the least talented of any of the past 5 state champions, but that power running game if awfully tough. They could easily still curb stomp Bettendorf next week. They’re beatable though, having lost to Ankeny Centennial and Valley earlier in the year.

Edit: Waukee is what, the 4th best CIML team this year?
                  Last edited by SteinPizza; 11-03-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Jared Penning from clear lake who plays on the OL committed today. had offers from Kent state, Eastern Michigan, NDSU, SDSU and others.

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                      Jared Penning from clear lake who plays on the OL committed today. had offers from Kent state, Eastern Michigan, NDSU, SDSU and others.
                      Egads ... 6'7" and 330! Old time football, coach.
                      "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

Bair has 51 outstanding UNI offers.

Wow.

Class of 16 seniors
                        Maybe 14 scholarships used

Wide nets and what not I get, but we also have 5 commits already as well.

Comment

we also got a commitment from Tristan Roper tonight. He is a OT from Lee Summit MO. Had offers from Kent, NDSU, Illinois state and others. He also had preferred walk-on spots at Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas State and Utah.

stands 6'5 280. Im impressed with the kids were getting on the OL today.

Comment

I don't think it's a coincidence that we land two massive OL with NDSU offers the day after Klieman and his recruiting coordnacoor leave for KSU

Comment

Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
                              Some may not know...

This is the brother of Trevor Penning...#70 on the Panthers now.

TP played a bit this year and has a great chance to step into the starting lineup next year.

Jared has more of a OG body while Trevor looks more like an OT.
                              Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

There aren't many 6'7 gaurds

Especially if that 6'7 is 320 lbs

Comment

Working...
                                X