WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue42
    started a topic Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Class of 2019 - Football Recruits

Per Twitter, Panthers have received a few early commitments for the class of 2019...

- Kobe Rios, an OT from Rock Island. Had a bunch of FCS offers and a few MAC offers.

- Jake McLaughlin, an OLB/DE out of Harlan.

Welcome aboard boys.

• Neighbor
    replied
    Originally posted by clenz View Post
    hope McCann gets a chance to run it - and I mean run it not just be Farley's pissing post
    You know that ain't gonna happen.
    Last edited by Neighbor; 01-04-2019, 10:17 PM.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    I've heard nothing, but I genuinely hope McCann gets a chance to run it - and I mean run it not just be Farley's pissing post

Leave a comment:

• Purpledog
    replied
    Any word on who the O coordinator will be moving forward?

Leave a comment:

• Blue42
    replied
    https://twitter.com/12NewsLance/stat...382838273?s=19

Couple of kids from North Shore HS in TX who have UNI offers were on the winning side of this wild hail Mary catch for the 6A Texas State championship.

#8 is the WR on the far left and not directly involved in the catch...Chance Pillar...he.has a UNI offer.

#21 Kevin Gilliam is a DB on that team as well. Also has an offer.

Quite a night for those boys

Leave a comment:

• Purpledog
    replied
    Only other offer for DJ was Illinois State, pretty sure Iowa was looking but didn’t even offer a preferred. Iowa State no interest, even spelled his name wrong.

Leave a comment:

• BCPanther
    replied
    Originally posted by catsize View Post

David Johnson ring a bell?
    DJ had a walk on offer, not a scholarship.

Leave a comment:

• catsize
    replied
    Originally posted by '70 Grad View Post
    Some special circumstances here, but when is the last time we beat out a Hawkeye scholarship offer?
    David Johnson ring a bell?

Leave a comment:

• SteinPizza
    replied
    It was interesting to look at the HN thread on him and watch Iowa fans realize if he wanted to be an NFL WR he picked correctly as Iowa has had more success getting guys into the league and sticking around for a bit than Iowa has
    If you’re referring to WRs, you’re correct. The only Iowa WR from the last several years that made the league is Riley McCarron (that I can think of), and that has to be as a special teams guy. His future as an actual pass catching offensive weapon is pretty limited. Iowa’s recruitment and development of WRs has been brutal for much of KF’s tenure, especially the last 5-10 years.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    It was interesting to look at the HN thread on him and watch Iowa fans realize if he wanted to be an NFL WR he picked correctly as Iowa has had less success getting guys into the league and sticking around for a bit than Iowa has
    Last edited by clenz; 12-20-2018, 05:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Skej75
    replied
    Great to see that Wolf stuck with the Panthers. Since he verbally committed it shows class that he honored his commitment. Plus his chances of getting of playing on Sunday is just as great playing here as anywhere else. Ask Paup, Warner, Johnson and several others. If he even has that in mind... He'll get a good education at UNI. Likely football will be his sport but the basketball team might need his help as well. He's been underrated on the hardwood because he played with Green but her really is pretty good. Let's stayed tuned to see what he does.

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    I was wrong. It was a LB but it was a HS kid from Council Bluffs
    Cameron Baker

Offers from Iowa, Indiana, NDSU

https://247sports.com/Player/Cameron-Baker-46040431/

Leave a comment:

• SteinPizza
    replied
    Logan and his father both said in their interview yesterday he was playing WR and stuck with UNI because of McCann and playing WR
    Then that sounds like a condition of him signing. That happens, and nothing wrong with it either. Didn’t mean to get people’s feathers ruffled by suggesting he could play some D. Position switches happen all the time too.

Leave a comment:

• FOTY
    replied
    Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Andre Dawson?
    I don't think he had more than a preferred walk-on offer in Iowa City. If I am recalling right, he was quoted in the newspaper the day before signing stating he would sign with UNI unless Iowa offered in the last minute. Again, if I remember right, he was the "big get" in the class which included David Johnson...

Leave a comment:

• clenz
    replied
    Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Who was the second?
    LB from Iowa Central per Cole Bairs article.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X