WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Football Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://twitter.com/carter_hewitt11/...079017995?s=19

Panthers also get an in-state commitment from Carter Hewitt...a TE/DE from South Hamilton. 6'6" 250.

Also had a Central Michigan offer.

And...has a world class mullet.
    Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

• The DMR is reporting WDM Valley RB Jayden Williams has decommitted from Kansas State. He’s the son of a former UNI running back, and we were on him hard before he got a P5 offer. The article stated Farley called right away after he reopened his recruitment. Others interested are all the xDSU schools and Miami of Ohio. M of Ohio bears watching, as they’ve been active recruiting the Des Moines area recently. A few of the O Linemen from recent Dowling championship teams signed there.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/karson_sharar/st...829830147?s=19

Karson Sharar from Iowa Falls commits to UNI football.

Sounds like OLB but could play other positions. 6'3" and 205 lbs.

He is a pretty accomplished basketball player and had offers from several schools. We were on him for hoops at one time...not sure if we'd offered.

I believe his dad is Lincoln Sharar the former TE at UNI. He was a good one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
          https://twitter.com/karson_sharar/st...829830147?s=19

He is a pretty accomplished basketball player and had offers from several schools. We were on him for hoops at one time...not sure if we'd offered.

Some very nice open field tackling on his reel. At the 3-minute mark, he plants a DB on a run into the end zone:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/6402195/Karson-Sharar
          "Well, that escalated quickly."

Comment

• Great Class, with a bunch of UNI second gens.
            jaylen Williams decommitted from K-State and commits to UNI
            https://twitter.com/imthejay7/status...23759444783104
            Son of UNI's own Darian Williams

Comment

• Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
              Great Class, with a bunch of UNI second gens.
              jaylen Williams decommitted from K-State and commits to UNI
              https://twitter.com/imthejay7/status...23759444783104
              Son of UNI's own Darian Williams
              Oh that's a nice add.

Welcome aboard son.

​​​​​ The RB room is stacked.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/michaelolowo03/s...504649733?s=19

Panthers add commitment from Michael Olowo...a DB/WR out of Rogers, MN (NW Twin Cities).

Comment

• The DMR reported UNI and SIU are the current top two for Ankeny QB Chase Bauer. He’s a really mobile player with a good arm, although at around 6’1 I’m not sure if teams are looking at him as strictly a QB or more of an athlete. Central Michigan also just offered, so that may complicate things.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post
                    The DMR reported UNI and SIU are the current top two for Ankeny QB Chase Bauer. He’s a really mobile player with a good arm, although at around 6’1 I’m not sure if teams are looking at him as strictly a QB or more of an athlete. Central Michigan also just offered, so that may complicate things.
                    I believe Bauer led 4A in both total yards and total TDs. Impressed more with his arm early season and more with his legs and decision making late season, en route to the state championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNI Ka-Bullseye View Post

I believe Bauer led 4A in both total yards and total TDs. Impressed more with his arm early season and more with his legs and decision making late season, en route to the state championship.
                      He was impressive in the state title game vs SE Polk.

Comment

He was impressive in the state title game vs SE Polk.
                        He was, along with their whole team. SE Polk had three players who formed the best trio of teammates in Iowa high school history, in terms of recruiting rankings, who’s offered them, etc. They’re all back next year too. They had a bunch of other really good players as well. For whatever reason, Ankeny dominated SE Polk for most of the game, so give them credit.

One SE Polk player I’d love to see at UNI is Caggiano, a DE. He’s a high motor, tough player, and graduating this year. Any idea if we’ve looked at him?

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

He was, along with their whole team. SE Polk had three players who formed the best trio of teammates in Iowa high school history, in terms of recruiting rankings, who’s offered them, etc. They’re all back next year too. They had a bunch of other really good players as well. For whatever reason, Ankeny dominated SE Polk for most of the game, so give them credit.

One SE Polk player I’d love to see at UNI is Caggiano, a DE. He’s a high motor, tough player, and graduating this year. Any idea if we’ve looked at him?
                          Yeah I think the coaching staff is on him...but don't think we've offered.

Hope we do. Think Paup could do a lot with a kid like that. Great frame too.

Comment

Yeah I think the coaching staff is on him...but don't think we've offered.

Hope we do. Think Paup could do a lot with a kid like that. Great frame too.
                            Agreed. He’s roughly 6’4 or so, about 230. I think he led 4A in sacks, or at least was leading at some point well into the season. For some reason, he’s not considered a
                            P5 level recruit (at least not right now). I don’t get that, since he seems to be every bit as disruptive as John Wagoner was for Dowling a few years ago, and Iowa had to beat out a bunch of other schools to sign him.

Comment

• Great to hear talk from UNI fans about Caggiano. He is the grandson of George Caggiano, who was a college football player himself, and is very good friends with my dad. Really rooting for this kid.
                              Give us a yell, HO! The purple and the gold
                              Victory for U-N-I!

Find out what the other team wants to do, then take it away from them.
                              - George Halas

Comment

https://twitter.com/karson_sharar/st...829830147?s=19

Going to Iowa now.

https://twitter.com/karson_sharar/st...152526337?s=21

Comment

Working...
                                X