WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2020 Panther Football Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post

Oh yeah. That's good news.

​​​​​​The WR corps continues to get even deeper.

(Assuming the plan is WR)

​​​​​
    If I remember correctly, he’s got some off the charts measurables but hasn’t played a lot (injury?). This sounds like a signing with a ton of upside.

Comment

Cannon Butler just committed.
      I saw something that shows him as a 2021 recruit maybe? Good place to put him for now.
      https://mobile.twitter.com/CannonBut...26253732585472
      6’6” DE/TE

More than 200K teams across 40 sports use Hudl to capture, analyze and learn from video and data.

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
        Cannon Butler just committed.
        I saw something that shows him as a 2021 recruit maybe? Good place to put him for now.
        https://mobile.twitter.com/CannonBut...26253732585472
        6’6” DE/TE

http://www.hudl.com/v/2Aimba
        He's a 2020 kid. I assume he ends up on offense. Big frame that should be easy to put weight on. Good athlete, soft hands.
        #MACtion

Comment

I'm probably looking too much into Farley's tweet (and since when is he about tweeting recruiting news like that) but I'm assuming there is a player or two joining the team this fall that is being kept a secret until the last possible second.

Maybe a FBS transfer of note or HS kid of note that didn't initially decide to come here.

Comment

now that i've gone and looked at the twitter...it does feel like they have some kids coming to camp that haven't hit the roster or news yet.

Comment

Farley tweeting something like that means something. I was pretty surprised to see that.
              "...the Northern Iowa men's basketball team reached the ultimate highs before hitting a devastating low. Unexpected success, followed by unimaginable failure. And they owned it -- all of it -- for the world to see. Like men. Like leaders. Like champions -- in a way no tournament bracket could ever define."

Comment

I was at a PSC event last month where one of the assistant coaches spoke, and in the midst of his comments made brief mention of some transfers joining.

So I was curious what we were gonna see.

The coaching staff seems pretty pumped up here so will be very interesting to find out what pieces have been added.

Makes for a fun August in anticipation of the opener.
                Last edited by Blue42; 07-26-2019, 12:31 PM.
                Winning is more fun than losing.

Comment

Any Chance there's an FCS upper class-men QB? Seeing UNI as an opportunity with no experience back at the position and no clear upperclassman favorite?

Comment

Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

He's a 2020 kid. I assume he ends up on offense. Big frame that should be easy to put weight on. Good athlete, soft hands.
                    Having a brother who was a senior on the Columbus team last year, he had a hell of a time remembering what route he was supposed to be running. Very good athlete though. He'll either play tight end or D end in college. His long arms would allow him to excel at either position playing FCS if he can get more weight on

Comment

Here's some interesting news about a new name in camp...

Spencer Perry...a 6'3" 215 lb safety.

An interesting path to Cedar Falls...

From Atlanta. Played senior year at IMG Academy.

Originally committed to Florida. Had a slew of P5 offers. Signed with Notre Dame and was there for 1 or maybe 2 years. Left on good terms looking for playing time. Xfered to South Alabama.

Now with the Panthers it appears.

Two years of eligibility left I think.
                      Last edited by Blue42; 07-28-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Saw over the weekend that Jaylen Devries...the QB from Clear Lake and son of ex Iowa and NFL DL Jared Devries (who is now head fb coach at Clear Lake)...
                        ​committed to Southern Illinois.

I believe he had UNI and NDSU offers...and others.

Guessing our list of young QBs in CF may have kept him from signing with us.

I believe we have several walk ons along with OL Jared Penning coming in the fall from that Clear Lake program. They've been good in football and hoops last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue42 View Post
                          Saw over the weekend that Jaylen Devries...the QB from Clear Lake and son of ex Iowa and NFL DL Jared Devries (who is now head fb coach at Clear Lake)...
                          ​committed to Southern Illinois.

I believe he had UNI and NDSU offers...and others.

Guessing our list of young QBs in CF may have kept him from signing with us.

I believe we have several walk ons along with OL Jared Penning coming in the fall from that Clear Lake program. They've been good in football and hoops last few years.
                          I know Troy Tysdahl, another Coach at Clear Lake, is the brother-in-law of Nick Hill, Head FB Coach at S. Illinois. Might be a connection there...

Comment

Isaiah Green just committed to UNI. 6’2” 245 DE.

His highlight film is pretty good. He looks very quick and fast.
                            Watch Isaiah Green's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: St. Cloud Tech - St. Cloud Tech JV Football / Class of 2020 / St Cloud, MN

Comment

you fast clenz i was just gonna post that

I wanted NDSU to offer as he's from central Minnesota and ive seen him play. ndsu doesnt have a DE under 6 4 so maybe thats why.

i like this kid. had a new mex state offer and usd
                              UNI has #2 Dome in MVFC, but Ice Lounge rocks! BisoNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Superninja80 View Post
                                Isaiah Green just committed to UNI. 6’2” 245 DE.
                                https://mobile.twitter.com/IsaiahNGr...95465432748038
                                His highlight film is pretty good. He looks very quick and fast.
                                Watch Isaiah Green's videos and highlights on Hudl. More info: St. Cloud Tech - St. Cloud Tech JV Football / Class of 2020 / St Cloud, MN
                                Boy he does look like a rare combination of quickness and strength.

Guys like that are hard to find.

Gotta hand it to that coaching staff...they are still getting talent to Cedar Falls. Lots of it.

​​​
                                Last edited by Blue42; 07-29-2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X