WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

  • You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post
    Lets hope Chase walks on here. Everyone wins.

    OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.

    Walk on, talk about needing to seek help

    maybe watch some of his highlights, just start at the 10:00 minute mark and watch until 11:30, only place this kid would walk on at is a high level P5 not some one good year out of every five MVC school.

    not family or friend just a fan of great basketball players

    Comment


    • Originally posted by freeforall View Post


      OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.

      Walk on, talk about needing to seek help

      maybe watch some of his highlights, just start at the 10:00 minute mark and watch until 11:30, only place this kid would walk on at is a high level P5 not some one good year out of every five MVC school.

      not family or friend just a fan of great basketball players
      Clearly a family or friend. Back away from the keyboard. Mr. Courbat is a marginal DII scholarship based on his play thus far. Unfortunately he missed out on AAU this summer, which would have been his chance to open more eyes. He is a nice player, but far, far from dominant at this point in his career.

      Comment


      • I don't know much about Corbat, but Heise taught me to be patient. I think we all were a little underwhelmed by him when he committed last year. As soon as he finished his senior year, we're all ecstatic. I trust the coaches and whatever decision they make.
        To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by freeforall View Post


          OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.

          Walk on, talk about needing to seek help

          maybe watch some of his highlights, just start at the 10:00 minute mark and watch until 11:30, only place this kid would walk on at is a high level P5 not some one good year out of every five MVC school.

          not family or friend just a fan of great basketball players
          Wow, time to log off bud.

          Maybe before you come on here and insult UNI, maybe you should list off all of the other greater scholarship offers that your boy has received from anybody better than the “mighty Missouri Valley”.

          Have to love the fact that this guy comes on here insisting that Courbat would be a huge get for UNI while simultaneously telling us how UNI sucks and plays in a bad conference. LOL
          UNI FIGHT

          Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
          iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

          Comment


          • Originally posted by freeforall View Post


            OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.
            They literally did one year ago...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by freeforall View Post


              OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.

              Walk on, talk about needing to seek help

              maybe watch some of his highlights, just start at the 10:00 minute mark and watch until 11:30, only place this kid would walk on at is a high level P5 not some one good year out of every five MVC school.

              not family or friend just a fan of great basketball players
              I said I'd like him here... Deep Breaths

              Does he have any active D1 Scholarships? Just curious.

              Comment


              • This is really a recreation of Nate Johnson and a different user, who I forget. Where if you say he's not going P5, you are a hater and wrong. (He went to UMBC after Prep School).

                Chase very well could be a very good player and get bigger offers but at the same time you have to look at his current offers, etc. I think most here would like to see him as a Panther.

                Comment


                • For reference:

                  Austin Pehl at CF
                  14 pts, 10 reb, 5 blk

                  Chase Courbat at CF
                  9 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk


                  .....
                  UNI FIGHT

                  Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
                  iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                    For reference:

                    Austin Pehl at CF
                    14 pts, 10 reb, 5 blk

                    Chase Courbat at CF
                    9 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk


                    .....
                    I was trying to stay away from that comp but he appears to be in line with other big kids that CF has produced. Pehl and the kid that went to Northwestern that didn't play at all when Northwestern was even worse than they are now (Adam Robinson? Is that right?).
                    #MACtion

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by freeforall View Post


                      OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.

                      Walk on, talk about needing to seek help

                      maybe watch some of his highlights, just start at the 10:00 minute mark and watch until 11:30, only place this kid would walk on at is a high level P5 not some one good year out of every five MVC school.

                      not family or friend just a fan of great basketball players
                      I've watched his highlights and they aren't all that impressive in comparison to other 6-8/6-9 kids his age with D1 scholly offers. I'm not surprised that he has minimal offers right now.
                      The tape shows that he is a defense first big. He's a rebounder with active hands and plays with high energy, all valuable skill sets. But offensively the tape is almost entirely layups and put backs (from the left side, oddly) against smaller defenders. There are very few examples of his outside shooting and 1 on 1 post moves (yes, they're there but very few in comparison) and nothing showing he can handle the ball and create for himself on the wing or in space. He's an old school Big, which is a dying breed, and to be effective in today's game an old school Big must be dominant, which he's not. For his height he does not "play above the rim" and he's not tall enough to dominate at the next level.
                      Maybe he has some of these attributes but the film is not showing it and his stats surely aren't doing him favors. Like I said, it's not surprising that he doesn't have many offers right now because there's not much out there showing him to be a special player. Maybe he blossoms over the next year, who knows. I'd gladly take him as a defensive-first option that can guard the 3-5 spots with potential to improve offensively, especially as a walk-on. But guys like Tschetter are much more polished currently.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

                        I've watched his highlights and they aren't all that impressive in comparison to other 6-8/6-9 kids his age with D1 scholly offers. I'm not surprised that he has minimal offers right now.
                        The tape shows that he is a defense first big. He's a rebounder with active hands and plays with high energy, all valuable skill sets. But offensively the tape is almost entirely layups and put backs (from the left side, oddly) against smaller defenders. There are very few examples of his outside shooting and 1 on 1 post moves (yes, they're there but very few in comparison) and nothing showing he can handle the ball and create for himself on the wing or in space. He's an old school Big, which is a dying breed, and to be effective in today's game an old school Big must be dominant, which he's not. For his height he does not "play above the rim" and he's not tall enough to dominate at the next level.
                        Maybe he has some of these attributes but the film is not showing it and his stats surely aren't doing him favors. Like I said, it's not surprising that he doesn't have many offers right now because there's not much out there showing him to be a special player. Maybe he blossoms over the next year, who knows. I'd gladly take him as a defensive-first option that can guard the 3-5 spots with potential to improve offensively, especially as a walk-on. But guys like Tschetter are much more polished currently.
                        That post reads like the alternate universe Nate Buss, who was entirely offensively focused at a similar size in high school. No post game, no defense, etc. However, he had length to play on the wing and score - but he didn't play until he bought in on defense.

                        If he's the defensive version of Buss there is value there. However, not NEARLY enough to talk about him like he's twice as good as AJ - or even on the same level. Or even the same level as Nate
                        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by clenz View Post

                          That post reads like the alternate universe Nate Buss, who was entirely offensively focused at a similar size in high school. No post game, no defense, etc. However, he had length to play on the wing and score - but he didn't play until he bought in on defense.

                          If he's the defensive version of Buss there is value there. However, not NEARLY enough to talk about him like he's twice as good as AJ - or even on the same level. Or even the same level as Nate
                          Nate Buss was also a good athlete for a taller guy, so the ability to guard opponents away from the basket was there. He had the quick feet to hang with guys who could drive. I have no idea about Chase but people make him sound like more of a post player.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Wxcpanther View Post

                            They literally did one year ago...
                            ... and that was in Drake’s one every 10 years season.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by 06panther10 View Post
                              For reference:

                              Austin Pehl at CF
                              14 pts, 10 reb, 5 blk

                              Chase Courbat at CF
                              9 pts, 6 reb, 2 blk


                              .....
                              Let me know when AP led his team to two state championships, and what will more than likely be a third this next year.

                              Fact is UNI needs winners desperately and from all the film that is what Courbat brings, a mentality of let me get us ahead and then you other guys can chuck to your hearts content. Perfect complement to AJ and Born

                              Dude would have averaged 25 and 20 in Winkels conference.

                              Comment


                              • Free for all......put the drink away.... you have had 5 or 10 too many....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X