WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freeforall View Post

Let me know when AP led his team to two state championships, and what will more than likely be a third this next year.

Fact is UNI needs winners desperately and from all the film that is what Courbat brings, a mentality of let me get us ahead and then you other guys can chuck to your hearts content. Perfect complement to AJ and Born

Dude would have averaged 25 and 20 in Winkels conference.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
    UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

Let me know when AP led his team to two state championships, and what will more than likely be a third this next year.

Fact is UNI needs winners desperately and from all the film that is what Courbat brings, a mentality of let me get us ahead and then you other guys can chuck to your hearts content. Perfect complement to AJ and Born

That's the problem, there's no way to know this.

"The Dude" said it best in Big Lebowski: "that's just, like, your opinion man". And from his offer list, other D1 coaches across America disagree with you.

Comment

What 2 titles did he lead his team too?

You make it sound like he's treated like the red headed foster kid in an abusive house but now all of a sudden he is leading his teams to titles?
        GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• My initial thoughts watching him play at the state tournament was ... it’s a hard pass on him in my opinion he doesn’t look close to mvc level ...

Comment

• Originally posted by uniPanthers View Post
            My initial thoughts watching him play at the state tournament was ... it’s a hard pass on him in my opinion he doesn’t look close to mvc level ...
            Maybe a 4 for 5 guy

Comment

Everytime I think this poster can’t sound any more delusional...they post again. If Courbat wants to play after high school, he is unlikely to wind up at UNI. He could catch fire his senior year, but that is unlikely. Good basketball player, but far from mid-major starter at this point.

Comment

• Maybe free for all is chase....

Comment

• Originally posted by panther1 View Post

Everytime I think this poster can’t sound any more delusional...they post again. If Courbat wants to play after high school, he is unlikely to wind up at UNI. He could catch fire his senior year, but that is unlikely. Good basketball player, but far from mid-major starter at this point.
                  I disagree. While I CERTAINLY don't agree with free for all on Chase's ability I do think he has value. He has good footwork, runs the floor well, able to guard 3 positions, looks to be a glass cleaner with rim protection capabilities. Those skill sets are very valuable on a team full of shooters. If he can learn to set a mean screen he'd be a great 4 for 5 guy. Probably wouldn't see much court time till his junior year or so but he definitely has MVC level potential, although not right away.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

I disagree. While I CERTAINLY don't agree with free for all on Chase's ability I do think he has value. He has good footwork, runs the floor well, able to guard 3 positions, looks to be a glass cleaner with rim protection capabilities. Those skill sets are very valuable on a team full of shooters. If he can learn to set a mean screen he'd be a great 4 for 5 guy. Probably wouldn't see much court time till his junior year or so but he definitely has MVC level potential, although not right away.
                    I think he is a good basketball player. But 6 boards and 2 blocks per game for a 6’ 9”+ Iowa high school player does not really stand out. I agree he moves well and has potential, but I think UNI can (should) recruit over Courbat. I won’t be disappointed to get him, but this guy posting as if he is the next Bird or Magic is off his rocker.

Comment

• How did Chase Courbat lead Cedar Falls to a state championship as a freshman when he didn't have a stat in the state title game, I'm guessing he played in the last minute as the starters got a curtain call, and as a sophomore he had 2 points, 1 rebound, 1 block and 3 fouls in the state title game, again it doesn't scream led his team.

Comment

No offense to Chase or Cedar Falls, but they’ll have to beat Waukee, who has the two best senior recruits. Good luck with that.

Comment

• FWIW, no P5 offer yet, but the attention appears to be growing...

The following schools are talking to 6'8/6'9 Top 150 level PF Will Tschetter:

Arkansas (3 virtual visits)
                          Davidson
                          Michigan (Martelli called this week, reviewed film)
                          Minnesota (Pitino recently called)
                          Oregon St (regular contact)
                          Richmond
                          Virginia Tech (regular contact)
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Getting worried about him getting beyond our reach, now that P5s are sniffing around, more P5s are sure to follow, and you can't blame a guy for wanting to play at a P5 over UNI.

Comment

• Tschetter just got offered by Richmond. Just feels like he's going to really expand from our reach eventually.

Comment

• Sorry sevelev711. Just saw you said about the same exact thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X