WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Right. At this point we better have a backup plan to Tschetter as it's looking like he's got his eye on bigger programs. The same was true for Born as well but chances are we won't get lucky twice.
    I'm not proclaiming that he's already in the bag for us, but with the exception of Michigan I think we match up pretty well against all of the other programs that are showing interest in him, P6 or not. Minnesota would be tough to beat out if they do offer for obvious reasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post

I'm not proclaiming that he's already in the bag for us, but with the exception of Michigan I think we match up pretty well against all of the other programs that are showing interest in him, P6 or not. Minnesota would be tough to beat out if they do offer for obvious reasons.
      I think Minnesota may hold off on offering because they already have a VC from a 4-star 6-10 C with 7 other Forwards on the roster

Comment

• Some benefits of Tschetter signing with the Panthers
        • team built for postseason play
        • offense that fits his skills
        • 5 players on the roster will also be from Minnesota
        • team plays in nice pre-season tournaments
        • Family team atmosphere
        • less than 2 hour drive from hometown.
        • Family and friends can easily attend home games
        • team built to be ranked in Top 25

Comment

• Arkansas has offered Tschetter

Comment

• Welp. Not saying we're not getting him, but the path just got really, really difficult.

Comment

• In the event we lose out on Tschetter, do we have any backup options at the moment?

Comment

• Well if Chase Courbat is willing to settle for us...

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
                  In the event we lose out on Tschetter, do we have any backup options at the moment?
                  Angelo Winkel from Algona. Athletic 6-9 kid. Not as college ready as Tschetter but has the skills to be a real nice player down the road.

Courbat is also an option.
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Angelo Winkel from Algona. Athletic 6-9 kid. Not as college ready as Tschetter but has the skills to be a real nice player down the road.

UNI has had interest in Winkel for awhile, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Hypothetically that's not a problem, he'd be a freshman when Phyfe is a senior, and whether it be a backup or redshirt, he should have ample time to get acclimated.

Comment

• I would say he would take the UNI offer...

https://globegazette.com/sports/high...662c8a0b1.html

Judging from the t-shirt Winkel wore following Saturday’s game against Algona, and his admiration for fellow small school big-men Seth Tuttle and James Betz, UNI remains very high on his list of possible choices.

“I like UNI a lot,” Winkel said. “It’s a really great school, and its near here. I’ve got a lot of people that go there, and it’s a great school. I’m looking forward to whatever happens with that.”

https://247sports.com/college/iowa/A...rs--124473142/

Winkel's most recent visit was Northern Iowa last week. Winkel grew up watching former UNI forward Seth Tuttle.

“That was great,” Winkel said of the visit. “UNI has always been a dream for me to play there since I’ve seen Seth Tuttle play. I’ve always tried to model my game after his. He’s a great role model and I spent a lot of my time during the visit talking to him. UNI is a really great school with a lot of tradition. The coaches are great, too.”

“The coaches told me to just keep working. They said I can play at the next level but it’s going to take a lot of hard work.”

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

UNI has had interest in Winkel for awhile, right?
                          A solid 18 months. I think he gets an offer as soon as there is an official decision from Tschetter.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• We still have 2 rides open, don't we? I believe we have 1 open this season still, lose Pickford and Berhow, and only add Duax so far. I'm guessing unless there's a recruit that we reallycreally pass up, we'll regularly hold one for a potential transfer?
                            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Minnesota has now offered Tschetter

edit: Also offered by Nebraska and Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                                Minnesota has now offered Tschetter

edit: Also offered by Nebraska and Michigan
                                Cripes. All these offers in 1 day makes me wonder if he told coaches he wanted to commit soon or something.
                                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

Working...
                                X