WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well we know one thing, it really depends on who you ask.

Comment

• Some sources say Courbat is holding out for the Duke offer...

Comment

• Originally posted by uniPanthers View Post
        Some sources say Courbat is holding out for the Duke offer...
        Michigan State has gotten two 5 stars in the last week, so I'll let you connect the dots...

I've said all along that from a purely on court perspective that I like Winkel better but he doesn't have an offer.
        #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by uniPanthers View Post
          Some sources say Courbat is holding out for the Duke offer...
          I held out for an offer from the Chicago Bulls that never came too...

Comment

• Haha @ BC on the Michigan state comment.

i also agree watching video it looked to me like Winkel was better but the no offers has me puzzled a bit.

Comment

• Just a crazy thought (scenario), but what would happen if there is no season because of Covid-19? Perhaps the players gain an extra year of eligibility, but the limit remains at 13 players. With Duax coming in the 2021 year, he would make 13 players on scholarship, assuming the NCAA keeps the limit where it's at. So maybe we go after neither of them, and coach Jake is anticipating this situation.

Or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
                Just a crazy thought (scenario), but what would happen if there is no season because of Covid-19? Perhaps the players gain an extra year of eligibility, but the limit remains at 13 players. With Duax coming in the 2021 year, he would make 13 players on scholarship, assuming the NCAA keeps the limit where it's at. So maybe we go after neither of them, and coach Jake is anticipating this situation.

Or not.
                At this point I think the season being cancelled isn't likely, but is still a real possibility. If it happens, I have to imagine an extra year is granted to everybody and I would think extra scholarships would be available for a year or two. If they keep the limit the same, it would really punish incoming recruits all over the country. With that said, for the love of God there better be basketball...
                To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Courbat and Winkel are really the only two names that seem to be out there for this final scholarship. I do wonder if Courbat's scholarship offer is still valid. At this point, I wouldn't be opposed to UNI waiting for a transfer. It certainly appears like they are looking for a big. Some others I would like to see us reach out to include:

Andrew Morgan: Waseca, MN 6'9" = Has an Iowa offer but that's it for Power 5 right now
                  Ryan Riggs: Dowling Catholic 6'9" = Has interest from us, Iowa State, and Creighton according to 247sports
                  Jaylon Moses: Cedar Rapids Xavier 6'8"-6'9" = has apparently had two ACL tears so that's definitely a red flag, but he has some skills.

I also wouldn't hate to see us grab another athletic wing.
                  Last edited by PantherAlum09; 07-07-2020, 08:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                    Seniors-Pickford, Berhow
                    Juniors-Phyfe, Green
                    Soph-Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                    Freshmen-Henry, Heise, Born, Anderson
                    Transfer-Mar
                    1 Ride Open
                    Duax already committed for one of the two coming open after this year.
                    I looked at this list closer and see there are only 12 rides accounted for including Duax and the 1 identified open ride. Given D1 allows 13 rides, do we have 2 more open rides or is someone missing from the list or what am I missing?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by skydog0784 View Post

I looked at this list closer and see there are only 12 rides accounted for including Duax and the 1 identified open ride. Given D1 allows 13 rides, do we have 2 more open rides or is someone missing from the list or what am I missing?

Thanks!
                      Mar still counts even though he's not going to play this year. We have one open for this year still and two remaining after Duax for 2021 (if we don't fill the open one this summer).
                      #MACtion

Comment

• Assuming that Mar could appeal and get permission from NCAA for this year, would we rather have him on the team this year or next?
                        (I think next year.)
                        Injury-wise, he could use the year to recover to full strength.
                        Plus I would not want this to be my senior year, knowing that the season might be cancelled.

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                          Assuming that Mar could appeal and get permission from NCAA for this year, would we rather have him on the team this year or next?
                          (I think next year.)
                          Plus I would not want this to be my senior year, knowing that the season might be cancelled.
                          Next year. We are going to miss Trae and Ty's length and experience like crazy in 21-22.

Carter doesn't project as a great defender. Heise is a serviceable defender. Not sure where Ty Anderson is going to be in his development curve. I expect AJ to make a big leap as a defender but he's going to be asked to do so much on the other end.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by sivert View Post
                            Assuming that Mar could appeal and get permission from NCAA for this year, would we rather have him on the team this year or next?
                            (I think next year.)
                            Coach Jake said during MVC conference call yesterday they aren't applying for waiver, waiting till next year

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Next year. We are going to miss Trae and Ty's length and experience like crazy in 21-22.

Carter doesn't project as a great defender. Heise is a serviceable defender. Not sure where Ty Anderson is going to be in his development curve. I expect AJ to make a big leap as a defender but he's going to be asked to do so much on the other end.
                              Physically, Anderson really reminds me of Isaiah. Both tall and a bit lanky. I haven't seen Anderson play, but I'm hoping he's not too far from Isaiah at an athleticism and quickness standpoint.
                              Last edited by CyCarp; 07-08-2020, 08:21 PM.
                              To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post

Physically,Anderson really reminds me of Isaiah. Both tall and a bit lanky. I haven't seen Anderson play, but I'm hoping he's not to far being Isaiah from an athleticism and quickness standpoint.
                                I don't think Anderson is gonna get as tall as IB but he is long like him.
                                I envision a cross between Morgan and Washpun.

Comment

Working...
                                X