WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is what Chase‚Äôs hype man posted on here a few months ago:
    Originally posted by freeforall View Post

OMG WALK ON at UNI, who plays in the mighty Missouri Valley Conference, let me know when this great team can beat Drake in the conference tournament.

Walk on, talk about needing to seek help

maybe watch some of his highlights, just start at the 10:00 minute mark and watch until 11:30, only place this kid would walk on at is a high level P5 not some one good year out of every five MVC school.

not family or friend just a fan of great basketball players
    Would love to hear his expert analysis now that Chase has committed after all of those incredible offers came in.

UNI FIGHT

Originally posted by 9YRPLAN
    iowa sucks, fran sucks, their schedule sucks, iowa fans suck

Comment

• Originally posted by panther1 View Post

Hopefully this commit pans out. I thought someone (likely a family member) had him going much higher than UNI... ***eye roll***
      one of the biggest gets in program history, lol.
      I think he can be a solid complimentary piece though. A glass cleaner for our shooters and can defend multiple positions. A guy who doesn't require the ball in his hands to contribute.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
        I think Landon has racked up a few D1 offers in the last month or two. It sounded like he played really well in limited AAU action this summer. I saw how last tourney in August, the Barnstormers went 4-0 and he hit 3 game winners. Kid can shoot. I'd like to think we have a good shot at him, especially considering his brother is here.
        I think his dad played football at UNI too.

Comment

• Whelmed is about what I can say right now about Chase's commitment from a basketball standpoint. I truly hope he ends up being as good as AJ as some here projected. I'll be first in line to say I missed "it" when I looked at his stuff. Maybe he's a 20/12 guy this year for CF even. I'd love nothing more than that. I want every kid that commits to UNI to end up being a potential to 5-10 player in program history, that's how programs get pushed forward. Yes, I have some pretty serious "Austin Pehl vibes" about this, but it's not like Pehl was a bad player. He just never lived up to the hype around him - some of which was unfair to him simply by being a CF product - and by all accounts was/is an amazing person.

However, from the standpoint that he literally grew up wanting to be a Panther his entire life I'm thrilled for him that he gets that chance. We need more of those kinds of kids in Iowa/the surrounding region. I'd kill for my kid to be a Panther fan like Chase has been his whole life and get a chance to wear the uniform. For him and his family, I couldn't be more happy.
          GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• I haven't seen much of Chase, but it seems like it could be a low floor, high ceiling get. I don't really know what to expect, but I guess I said the same about Heise a year ago, now I'm pretty excited that he's here. Courbat's numbers are pretty meh, but there has to be some decent potential considering bigger schools were looking at him at one point. Body wise he looks almost Luke McConnell lean - unless he bulks up this next year, he really seems like an easy redshirt.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
              I haven't seen much of Chase, but it seems like it could be a low floor, high ceiling get. I don't really know what to expect, but I guess I said the same about Heise a year ago, now I'm pretty excited that he's here. Courbat's numbers are pretty meh, but there has to be some decent potential considering bigger schools were looking at him at one point. Body wise he looks almost Luke McConnell lean - unless he bulks up this next year, he really seems like an easy redshirt.
              Was there P5 interest?
              GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Was there P5 interest?
                According to rivals, Wisconsin and Creighton were in contact.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoPanthers85 View Post

According to rivals, Wisconsin and Creighton were in contact.
                  Okay. VC didn't have it listed and I hadn't read any commitment articles so if they mentioned any interests I haven't seen it yet. I'll go do some looking

As I said, hopefully he ends up being an all conference type player
                  GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post

Okay. VC didn't have it listed and I hadn't read any commitment articles so if they mentioned any interests I haven't seen it yet. I'll go do some looking

As I said, hopefully he ends up being an all conference type player
                    FWIW, Nick Petaros article also mentioned Iowa and Oregon St, so there were a few.
                    To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• It appears that Courbat's biggest strengths are footwork and defense. The defense especially would appear to help him have a role on the team if it's as good as advertised. If he can bulk up at all, that would obviously be ideal. I think sometimes it's hard to see the potential of guys when defense is their biggest strength and their offensive game is lagging behind, but hopefully he makes strides similar to Isaiah or Dahl in that regard. From the limited video I've seen, he appears to have a good shooting stroke, so hopefully the athleticism and bulking up add another dimension.

One more ride! Hopefully we have a season this year!

Comment

Working...
                      X