WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by freeforall View Post
    I guess if you are so myopic as to look at the game from only an offensive perspective, there would be no comparison between Green and Courbat, but I like to think defense is important and the effect Courbat has on other teams with his ability to guard all five positions, direct his team from the back line and protect the rim can't be overlooked.

Don't be surprised when he leads the team in 3 point shooting next year, as he was obviously forced to defer to others this year. He's a must get, the only way we can lose him and save face is if a power 5 grabs him and I hear they have been looking, that 15 minute highlight video doesn't lie
    Are you Family or friend?

you’re trying to convince ppl that a kid with basically no offers going into his senior year is on par with AJ Green....

serious question, if you blame his poor numbers on the CF coaching staff what are his numbers in AAU? The kid could actually be worthy of playing at UNI. But Saying he’s even close to the highest rated player who will ever play here is honestly insane. You can quote this in 4 years if I’m wrong but I won’t hold my breath.

Comment

I guess if you are so myopic as to look at the game from only an offensive perspective, there would be no comparison between Green and Courbat, but I like to think defense is important and the effect Courbat has on other teams with his ability to guard all five positions, direct his team from the back line and protect the rim can't be overlooked.

Don't be surprised when he leads the team in 3 point shooting next year, as he was obviously forced to defer to others this year. He's a must get, the only way we can lose him and save face is if a power 5 grabs him and I hear they have been looking, that 15 minute highlight video doesn't lie
      Seek help. I am guessing you are a relative of Mr. Courbat and I strongly encourage you to burn your account and delete all posts.

Comment

• What is his legit height?

Comment

• Originally posted by Leatherhelmet View Post
          What is his legit height?
          6-9

I'm not here to disparage the kid. I think he'd be a really nce player for Brooks and you have to be really good to play D2 basketball.

If I'm taking a tall project in that class, the Winkel kid is my preference.
          #MACtion

Comment

Have to agree with MBHoops,having watched several games in person and on Ch15, Courbats stats are a result of a guard oriented offense, I think on one of the broadcasts the announcer said CF's coach was battling a lack of awareness from some of his guards at how great the team could be if they would simply focus on getting the ball to courbat.

Courbat does display some incredible athletic ability, often times switching out on to guards and simply locking them up.

His post game needs some work but in truth with his skill set he's a 3 and that will become apparent next year as he stretches out and doesn't simply have to carry the team from the post. Frankly watching the way CF feeds the post, it was amazing he scored at all, never gave him the pass in the right spot, causing a lot of to's and tough catches

As CF was just named the third most dominant team of the decade in Iowa high school basketball by max preps, there will be three names remembered, Harrington, Green, and Courbat, and I wouldn't be surprised if Courbat turns out to be the best

Lets hope the Panthers get him
            Reading you're post it reads as though CF was trash and somehow a kid that was 94th in 4A in scoring and at 6'9 somehow outside the top 20 in class 4A in rebounding.

Even if he wasn't needed to score for CF, he was borderline bleh at rebounding given his height.

I read somewhere on here he's going to lead the team/state in threes. He was 2-8 last season.

He took 177 field goal attempts last season. Not like he was never touching the ball. He was taking over 7 shots per game. The kid who took the most shots per game was at 8.6. Not a massive difference, especially considering how ignored he apparently is/was.

You point out CF was named the program of the decade, but yet disparage the coaches saying they don't know what they are doing.

AJ is far far far closer to the prediction of best UNI player ever and 3 time LB winner than the idea that a kid with 1 offer - that is a year old from the school in his hometown - will be the best player out of the bunch. AJ is already on pace to demolish the UNI scoring record and has a LB trophy in his room already. Considering there are only 3 other players in UNI history to win that award ever - Daisy, Koch and Tuttle - I'd say he's already one of the top players in program history.

To say that Courbat is in line to be better than what AJ has already done - and clearly has in front of him - is a hell of a statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post

Are you Family or friend?

you’re trying to convince ppl that a kid with basically no offers going into his senior year is on par with AJ Green....

serious question, if you blame his poor numbers on the CF coaching staff what are his numbers in AAU? The kid could actually be worthy of playing at UNI. But Saying he’s even close to the highest rated player who will ever play here is honestly insane. You can quote this in 4 years if I’m wrong but I won’t hold my breath.
              Green is “the highest rated player who will ever play here”. Could be, but, if you want the program to advance to Gonzaga type levels, then there need to be a few guys like this signed over the next several seasons. A once in a lifetime player doesn’t cut it. That’s no knock on AJ, it’s a knock on UNI recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteinPizza View Post

Green is “the highest rated player who will ever play here”. Could be, but, if you want the program to advance to Gonzaga type levels, then there need to be a few guys like this signed over the next several seasons. A once in a lifetime player doesn’t cut it. That’s no knock on AJ, it’s a knock on UNI recruiting.
                I want the program to advance from where we are but we’ve struggled to capitalize big on our success. It’s not to say we haven’t seen progress in recruiting but not at the level I had expected to see. I don’t think we’ll ever reach Gonzaga level, that’s a lot to ask. I’d be shocked to get a player with the offers aj had to ever come here. Most programs our level won’t see a player like that on campus without some major connections with the program. I like the guys we got coming in but the only guy with NBA ability is AJ.

Comment

• Does it happen where we would offer Chase. However, we offer Will Tschetter since Chase didn't commit right away and now we tell Chase that we are waiting on Tschetter to decide. Being that Tschetter could be a star for the program. Compared to a role player.

Comment

• Comment

• Lets hope Chase walks on here. Everyone wins.

Comment

• Parents both Bizon grads. I wonder if they've got something against UNI from the football rivalry.

Comment

• Not a 2021 recruit, but Eli King, who is offered for 2022 has gotten attention from Notre Dame for football and basketball. I think he may have even gotten an offer for football already.

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

Parents both Bizon grads. I wonder if they've got something against UNI from the football rivalry.
                            You mean one loss 6 years ago? They're probably over that by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                              Not a 2021 recruit, but Eli King, who is offered for 2022 has gotten attention from Notre Dame for football and basketball. I think he may have even gotten an offer for football already.
                              Can't be too mad at someone who would turn down basketball at UNI to play football at Notre Dame, if he does indeed go that path.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X