WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UNIChippewa View Post
    Albany has a long history of going after Iowa kids
    Wyoming in football offers Iowa kids all the time
    Belmont has offered Iowa kids for a while

And then of course Roy Williams both when he was at Kansas and now North Carolina has a well-established tradition of going after and usually landing the highest top-level talent from Iowa.
    Yup.

It's pretty crazy if you do a deep dive on where Iowa recruits actually end up. The number of kids from Iowa that end up on either coast or the south playing is significantly higher than you'd think.

A couple years back I came across a map of all known active D1 football players from Iowa that year. You had the usual cluster of Iowa/UNI/Iowa State/Drake but then you had Stanford, almost every MAC school had one, a couple Sun Belts, Oregon, a couple out in the Ivy's, etc.

I've never looked at one for other sports, but I'd assume basketball would be much more spread out than we realize. Baseball, softball, volleyball, etc. are all very spread out as well across the country. Last year I was watching some random baseball game on ESPNU and it was two teams from the SE somewhere along the coast and each team had an Iowa kid on their roster.

Belmont may have a connection to Iowa, but it just seems they have always had offers to Iowa kids.

Went and looked at the staff at Belmont - all are from the SE/TN area, played in that area, almost all their coaching experience is that area, etc.. I don't know what it looked like under Byrd, but the new coach is clearly following in Byrds pipeline regions.
    Last edited by clenz; 06-22-2020, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
      I'm actually way behind. They've been in contact with a lot of guys for 2022. Maybe it isn't too early to start that thread. The following have had UNI contact them within the last week:

Alonzo Dodd - PG - South St. Paul, MN
      Eli King - G - Caledonia, MN - has offers from Power 5 programs, pretty sure we offered last year and were one of his first
      Malcolm Jones 6'9" Big - Prior Lake, MN
      Joshua Ola-Joseph 6'6" Wing - Osseo
      Bernard Omooria - PG - Osseo
      BJ Omot - 6'6" Wing - Mankato East
      Iowa just offered Eli King today. He's going to have a lot of options.

Comment

• Iowa just offered Tschetter

Comment

• Originally posted by Moose39 View Post
          Iowa just offered Tschetter
          Yeah. They are working their way through the state today. Offered a handful of guys up there.

Comment

• Are we gonna make another offer for this class or just leave a ride open for a transfer?

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post
              Are we gonna make another offer for this class or just leave a ride open for a transfer?
              I would expect the latter. Unless their is a weird Kimmons like situation, typically Jake gets offers in early for guys that he wants trying to prevent a Tschetter like situation.

Comment

• Michael Duax is a 3 star recruit, now, according to 247sports. Got a nice bump recently. I think he's going to turn into a really good player.

Michael Duax is a 6-5, 180-pound Small Forward from Dubuque, IA. He has committed to Northern Iowa Panthers.

Comment

• Glad Michael committed early. I wonder who will become the better college BB player...Michael or Will?

Comment

• Surprised that he's still even being tracked for rankings now. Usually when a player commits to a non-P6 school, recruiting sites basically just quit following him. Either way, not complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
                      Glad Michael committed early. I wonder who will become the better college BB player...Michael or Will?
                      They're way different players. I'm not sure it's fair to either one of them to compare. I mean, unless they want to play on the same team....
                      #MACtion

Comment

• It's interesting that Heise isn't even on 247's recruiting site. I think it could be argued that he's the best recruit we have coming in this year. And that's not to knock Born or Anderson. I just think Heise has a world of potential. All of these guys we have recruited the past couple years and next year to this point seem to fit what UNI wants to do pretty perfectly. Shaping up to be a solid roster for awhile.

Comment

• Originally posted by PantherAlum09 View Post
                          It's interesting that Heise isn't even on 247's recruiting site. I think it could be argued that he's the best recruit we have coming in this year. And that's not to knock Born or Anderson. I just think Heise has a world of potential. All of these guys we have recruited the past couple years and next year to this point seem to fit what UNI wants to do pretty perfectly. Shaping up to be a solid roster for awhile.
                          Recruiting sites aren't great when it comes to "smaller" talent, kinda related to what I said earlier about how they stop evaluating talent once they commit to a "smaller" school.

Comment

• Cincinnati has offered Tschetter. With him frequently working out with the Madsen twins, I've lost all remaining hope that we land him.

Comment

• I mean more power to you but once Michigan came in, I started seeing the writing on the wall.

Comment

• So, where do we stand with Angelo Winkel, or, perhaps more accurately, where does he stand with us?

Comment

Working...
                                X