WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well as of December 2019, there's this:

Judging from the t-shirt Winkel wore following Saturday’s game against Algona, and his admiration for fellow small school big-men Seth Tuttle and James Betz, UNI remains very high on his list of possible choices.

“I like UNI a lot,” Winkel said. “It’s a really great school, and its near here. I’ve got a lot of people that go there, and it’s a great school. I’m looking forward to whatever happens with that.”
    and in 2018 he said:
    UNI has always been a dream for me to play there since I’ve seen Seth Tuttle play. I’ve always tried to model my game after his. He’s a great role model and I spent a lot of my time during the visit talking to him. UNI is a really great school with a lot of tradition. The coaches are great, too
    So it's likely that he'd still be down for a UNI offer. What's weird is that I can't find any other schools to offer him, at basically any level. Which is...odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by sevelev711 View Post
      Well as of December 2019, there's this:

and in 2018 he said:

So it's likely that he'd still be down for a UNI offer. What's weird is that I can't find any other schools to offer him, at basically any level. Which is...odd.
      What could be some possible explanations for this...speculatively speaking?

Comment

• Originally posted by orangetennis View Post

What could be some possible explanations for this...speculatively speaking?
        My first thought is that maybe he's a huge d-bag, but I feel like that would be known by now. Otherwise...I dunno. It's just weird. I'm don't know anything about recruiting though, like anything at all.

Comment

• I don't want to start a recruiting thread too early, but does anybody have any insight on Brayson Laube from Marion (2023 class)? He was a freshman last year and set Marion's freshman varsity scoring record, including shooting 44% from 3. His family seems to be UNI fans - according to a video I randomly ran into on Twitter of him dunking (the reason I looked into him) he has a outdoor court at home with UNIs logo on it, and his sister is committed to play at UNI also. The kid also plays for the Barnstormers. Might be one to keep an eye on.
          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Duax selected as third best 2021 recruit in the state by Matthew Bain behind the two Waukee players. Sounds like we got a good one...

Landon Wolf tagged as #5 and biggest climber in the list. Courbet #6, Winkel #8, Morgan #9 with a few others listed with UNI interest.
            As we enter July, which is traditionally the most important month for live evaluation, here is the Register's latest version of the top 15 basketball prospects in the 2021 class.
            Last edited by skydog0784; 07-05-2020, 12:38 PM.

Comment

• Tschetter committed to Michigan this morning. Bummer

Comment

• Originally posted by clenz View Post
                Words are great - not burning bridges.

Maybe Duax and Heise are miracle workers

We aren't beating Michigan for a recruit.
                As I said

The lack of burning a bridge is hopefully still in play should he decide to not stay at Michigan

Comment

• Good for the kid. His game should play really well in the Big 10.
                  #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by skydog0784 View Post
                    Duax selected as third best 2021 recruit in the state by Matthew Bain behind the two Waukee players. Sounds like we got a good one...

Landon Wolf tagged as #5 and biggest climber in the list. Courbet #6, Winkel #8, Morgan #9 with a few others listed with UNI interest.
                    Would still love if we could convince Marcus to focus on basketball full-time.

Also, #10 on the list Karson Sharar from Iowa Falls-Alden. Don't know if that is his son or a nephew, but Lincoln was a football player for UNI in the 90's.

Comment

• I’m pretty sure that is his dad, I really feel like if we we to offer him he would commit, seems like he wants to go to the same place his dad did. I would also say that he is a tough player to evaluate, but also makes people around him better, the game I watched him play, I would say that he took a team that may have won at most 2 games and got them to 13-10

Comment

• Would someone who follows UNI recruiting tell me how many rides we have available for 2021 at this point?

My review of the roster including the recent transfer suggests one more available but I can’t remember if Krogman and/or Gauger are walk ons or on scholarship.

Thanks

Comment

• Seniors-Pickford, Berhow
                          Juniors-Phyfe, Green
                          Soph-Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                          Freshmen-Henry, Heise, Born, Anderson
                          Transfer-Mar

1 Ride Open

Duax already committed for one of the two coming open after this year.
                          #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post
                            Seniors-Pickford, Berhow
                            Juniors-Phyfe, Green
                            Soph-Carter, Betz, Kimmons
                            Freshmen-Henry, Heise, Born, Anderson
                            Transfer-Mar

1 Ride Open

Duax already committed for one of the two coming open after this year.
                            Thanks BC... Good info. Go Panthers!

Comment

• Happy for Tschetter. Obviously bummed he didn't come here, but the writing was on the wall when he got about 3 or 4 B10 offers in one day. Agree with clenz. Hopefully we are a spot he considers in the future if it doesn't pan out.

Comment

• So, it appears like it might be between Courbat and Winkel for our final spot? Who would be the better prospect?

Comment

Working...
                                X