WWW.PANTHERNATION.COM
GO PANTHERS!
welcome

Welcome to the best UNI Panther forum on the net!

Become a PN Supporting Member! Get exclusive access to the Panther Den forum and more. Click here for info.

30-minute show exclusively highlighting UNI Athletics. Click here for info.

• You need to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.
  • To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
  • If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the help page by clicking this link.
  • If you have any questions please use the Contact Us form.
This website is not affiliated with the University of Northern Iowa or the UNI Panther Athletic Program.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2021 Panther Basketball Recruit List

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unipanther2154 View Post
    Watching this game I can say it doesn’t look like CF has a single D-1 player on that roster. It’s only one games and the only game I’ve watched all year but no one has showed up.
    I’d agree if they only played a single game, and this is it. CF as a team looks completely overmatched. Johnston’s quickness on D has really bothered CF all game, and Johnston also has a few guys who can beat any of the CF players off the dribble and get to the rim. I didn’t expect Johnston to look this good, and CF has to be the most unimpressive undefeated team I’ve ever seen. No offense to their kids or coaches, but they didn’t have it tonight.

Comment

• Landon has started to light it up as of late. They just dug to big of a joke to get out off. I still think they should have gone inside to chase early in the game

Comment

• Originally posted by PurpleCatFan View Post
        Landon has started to light it up as of late. They just dug to big of a joke to get out off. I still think they should have gone inside to chase early in the game
        Maybe, but I doubt it would’ve done any good. Johnston just thoroughly dismantled them. Wolf did a nice job hitting some second half shots, but it made no difference. Johnston held serve the whole game.

Comment

• Johnston leading Waukee at the half the 4A title game. If Johnston wins, this would have to be one of the biggest upsets in tourney history. Also, heard on KXNO today that Kramer from Johnston has been contacted by Loyola and Iowa as a result of his late season play. He’s a 2022 forward.

Comment

• He didn't come here, but interesting to note that Kevion Taylor (Winona State grad transfer) committed to Valpo today - also saying that his final decision was between Valpo, Green Bay and UNI. I didn't really expect us to add another piece, considering all the returning minutes we have and the extra money going to scholarships for returning seniors, but apparently we are offering guys.
            To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
              He didn't come here, but interesting to note that Kevion Taylor (Winona State grad transfer) committed to Valpo today - also saying that his final decision was between Valpo, Green Bay and UNI. I didn't really expect us to add another piece, considering all the returning minutes we have and the extra money going to scholarships for returning seniors, but apparently we are offering guys.
              I wouldn't doubt we are watching who is out there and talking if they're interested. I would also bet that they're being pretty honest about the playing time possibilities. I would think if we end up with someone, it will either be a Fr/So that has several years left or someone that the staff feels they can plug in immediately like a defensive stopper guard/wing or a true big to back up Phfye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Khan4Cats View Post

I wouldn't doubt we are watching who is out there and talking if they're interested. I would also bet that they're being pretty honest about the playing time possibilities. I would think if we end up with someone, it will either be a Fr/So that has several years left or someone that the staff feels they can plug in immediately like a defensive stopper guard/wing or a true big to back up Phfye.
                These are pretty much my thoughts. I'm very hopeful that Henry develops quite a bit this offseason. They need him. Betz has been okay for spells but he's 6'6". If UNI ran a more NBA style offense or had ridiculous athletes for the Valley it wouldn't matter as much, but they need the size in the middle. They could really use a big body like Dahl to throw at teams every once in awhile. I love the potential of Henry and the ability of Betz, but it certainly felt like we were hanging on for dear life when Phyfe sat on the bench.

Comment

Have to think we would have been looking for a Berhow replacement with this guy. Hopefully it means Berhow is back ha

No offense to Pickford or Mar. No Berhow would leave a big hole on the wing. Heise, Born, AJ is a very good backcourt but assuming no Berhow I think we had playing time for him.

Comment

Or if you look at Cyclone Fanatic we will also need to replace Green, Phyfe and Born. So lots of room lol

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Or if you look at Cyclone Fanatic we will also need to replace Green, Phyfe and Born. So lots of room lol
                      Can't really speak to Green or Born, but I would put the chances of Phyfe moving at only marginally above 0%. It could happen, but that family is DEEP purple.

Comment

• Originally posted by DownGoesKansas View Post

Gotta admire their confidence. They firmly believe they can poach all our best players despite being a worse team than us last year with a longer rebuild incoming and all the players they want are self-admited fans of our program before they played here. It's impressive for sure.

Comment

• I noticed that we're still reaching out to Mason Madsen. It sounds like Iowa State is likely the front runner (Kyle Green leading the recruiting charge) and New Mexico, St Louis, Toledo and us also in the mix.
                          To avoid confusion - my username is baseball (Cy Young award) related, NOT for the Cyclones.

Comment

• Originally posted by CyCarp View Post
                            I noticed that we're still reaching out to Mason Madsen. It sounds like Iowa State is likely the front runner (Kyle Green leading the recruiting charge) and New Mexico, St Louis, Toledo and us also in the mix.
                            So Gabe ends up at Utah St and Mason could end up at a B12 school. That's a bit crazy compared to the way they went in to recruiting.
                            If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

• Originally posted by UNIAlum95 View Post
                              So Gabe ends up at Utah St and Mason could end up at a B12 school. That's a bit crazy compared to the way they went in to recruiting.
                              Gabe is at Utah. Craig Smith just got the job there.
                              #MACtion

Comment

• Originally posted by BCPanther View Post

Gabe is at Utah. Craig Smith just got the job there.
                                My bad... That's where I got crossed up. So Pac12... Mason ending up at ISU is still far better than expected without being attached to Gabe. At least he could be B12 through the rebuild.
                                If computers ruled college basketball the way they do football, we'd have skipped all this March Madness monotony and just waited a month for the Kansas-Kentucky title game. And watched Northern Iowa play Cornell in the Poulan Weedeater Bowl. ~ Dwight Perry The Seattle Times

Comment

Working...
                                X